Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:31:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi french miner with some question  (Read 530 times)
snot (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:02:36 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 07:47:09 AM by snot

So I'm searching answer for some questions about mining, so I'm posting this first post and waiting for validation.

Good morning every one.

I allready tried the search function, but i didn't found what I search ...
To expose my problem, I've got access to some IBM Dataplex rooms, with both CPU and GPU calcul's units. I would like to exploit this but they aren't connected to internet, we could only access by ethernet with restricted access ....

So the question, How could I send "block's job" by ethernet and work "offline". A node computer could be used to access to internet and use a mining software, but I need an over software to mining a job that was send by the node. I don't know if I'm clear ?! sorry for the mistaken language ....
majorX

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:48:11 PM

So I'm searching answer for some questions about mining, so I'm posting this first post and waiting for validation.

Welcome and good luck. It is Newbie section, but often knowledgeable users reading and answering the questions here  Wink
snot (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:18:20 PM

Thanks, I allready tried the search function, but i didn't found what I search ...
To expose my problem, I've got access to some IBM Dataplex rooms, with both CPU and GPU calcul's units. I would like to exploit this but they aren't connected to internet, we could only access by ethernet with restricted access ....

So the question, How could I send "block's job" by ethernet and work "offline". A node computer could be used to access to internet and use a mining software, but I need an over software to mining a job that was send by the node. I don't know if I'm clear ?! sorry for the mistaken language ....
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 12:56:29 AM

Good morning every one.

You should have just posted your mining questions here, as this site is obviously legit...

snot (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:46:23 AM

Good morning every one.

You should have just posted your mining questions here, as this site is obviously legit...

yes, that the question :

Thanks, I allready tried the search function, but i didn't found what I search ...

flasket

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:35:50 AM

Hi snot,

While the IBM Dataplex is a very good system, even with a room of them it is not worth using them for bitcoin mining.

The dataplex is fitted with Nvidia GPUs, which were never very good for mining (ATI was much better). And the CPU is no use for mining now, no matter how good.

Mining bitcoins is a competition, with a high reward (25 bitcoins = about USD$3325) for whoever finds a block which meets the requirement. So there are a lot of people now with very large systems specially built for mining. These use ASICs (custom silicon designed to mine bitcoins) and even the lowest specification asic (usb block erupter) can do 333MH/s which will be more than one Dataplex machine will be able to do.

In summary, you will be outgunned, and it is not worth trying to mine with a dataplex room.

fildza

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 12:08:51 PM

feel free to ask anything

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: