Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:04:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Central coming back on Monday - fiat to ALTS a possibility  (Read 728 times)
samson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:32:06 AM

I see that Bitcoin Central is coming back online on Monday

There's a notice on the hompage.

https://bitcoin-central.net/

After a quick IRC conversation in #bitcoin-central recently on freenode I notice they're probably going to trade some ALTS as well as Bitcoin

In my opinion this exchange is a good one and trustable. I know they had some issues in the past but all of my Euro balance was wired to to me pretty quickly when they closed it down after a breach by their webhost a while back.

I'd like to see the following alts traded there :

LTC
XPM
DGC
SRC

The above currencies are all getting fiat to crypto exchanges in the coming months. I'd like to think it would be good for Bitcoin Central to be the first to offer these services. There's a large user base of the above ALTS who will welcome the chance to purchase them with fiat instead of Bitcoin.

Over the past few months I've been using my Bitcoin account balances to trade alts where in truth I would like to invest more fiat and leave my Bitcoin where they are, my options are limited right now.

The current alt exchanges like Cryptsy are very overloaded and suffer from major lagging for one reason or another - probably because they are loaded with dozens of currencies. Supporting certain popular alts would instantly gain a large number of traders after the relaunch.
Haro

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:50:21 AM

I'm happy to hear that Bitcoin-Central is going to resume its activity. I'm curios to see in which way they will compete with Bitstamp (if they ever want to, of course).
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:49:18 AM

I'm happy to hear that Bitcoin-Central is going to resume its activity. I'm curios to see in which way they will compete with Bitstamp (if they ever want to, of course).

I am not sure they ever can. The only advantage they have is that they do not convert EUR to USD.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 03:06:06 PM

I still have GBP, EUR, and USD on their exchange. It's been 'stuck' there for months. I completed the withdraw request months ago. 

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
samson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:16:46 PM

I still have GBP, EUR, and USD on their exchange. It's been 'stuck' there for months. I completed the withdraw request months ago.  

It's back online now, I'd login and check it out if I were you. They wired me my money when they closed it down.
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 03:48:14 PM

It's back online now, I'd login and check it out if I were you. They wired me my money when they closed it down.
Yes. There is no pending transfer request in euro to my knowledge.
Bitcoin-central new banking partner might propose GBP payment accounts in the future but for now we will offer to return GBP or USD funds as bitcoins.
All customers residing in a non-EURO country will receive a bitcoin refund proposal in a couple of days. This is meant to speed up the process.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: