Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:11:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spectrecoin or deeponion  (Read 371 times)
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:44:08 AM

Hi guys, i did buy xspec at around 4,4dollar. Now the price is around 1,2!! Shoud i buy more now or should i invest in deep onion ? I read some article said xspec is scam. What do you think about it ? Is deep onion a better alternative ?

If you actually want to invest in anonymous projects, neither of them are going to be your best choice.

At best, they are going to be decent coins that will only yield you money during a pump and dump. While Monero actually has a sizable community with a great amount of following, which would mean that they are much better as a long term investment with a lot less volatility. Historically, monero has always floated around 0.01-0.03.

Deeponion has also been accused of being a copy paste project, so I would actually rather hold onto my specter.
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:45:10 AM

Hi guys, i did buy xspec at around 4,4dollar. Now the price is around 1,2!! Shoud i buy more now or should i invest in deep onion ? I read some article said xspec is scam. What do you think about it ? Is deep onion a better alternative ?
Spectrecoin is completely uninteresting for investment, but I would have thought about ONION, there really are trying to make it much better and more attractive. And I would give a forecast about overcoming the $ 10 mark for it at the end of the year.
vastmast

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:06:58 AM

I trust Spectrecoin very much. We were in a big crash and all altcoins cost so much. But in the summer months prices will rise.
I would suggest you wait patiently. Deeponion does not give me any confidence and I have never invested Smiley

______________▂   arizn  ▂______________       ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                     ◄ ICO: 30% BONUS  ►
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Website Wallet Telegram Whitepaper     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Dan123456

Activity: 79
Merit: 31

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:31:39 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 09:20:57 AM by Dan123456
Merited by Poink (1)

I'm new to bitcointalk, but these posts are so nothing and vague, and at worst misleading. And deep onion and spectrecoin are definately at different stages of development.

I mean I researched before I bought my coins, even the 1-2 sat gamble coins.

Deep onion is not a privacy coin yet, it simply runs on the tor network. No one can say that deeponion is a better privacy coin than any project that has stealth address, ring sigs and tor. When it does it could be a good coin, until then I am wary of what I read and where I read about deeponion, because of the airdrops and incentives the project offers to "dominate" forums with deeponion talk.

Spectrecoin is from what I've research, a solid project that had a very bumpy start, but is now on track. The team is small, but while the coin was forked from SDC in late 2016, the Dev team have only really got going around July 2017 team due to illness/retirement of the old lead developer. Their price is not as hyped or artificial as deeponion, mainly because they marketing is so limited.

But I hold spectrecoin, and three recent articles about spectrecoin from three separate news outlets:

Explaining what spectrecoin is:
investinblockchain website /what-is-spectrecoin (edit: filter didn't like the blockchain part of link, search in google?)
Explaining what the point of privacy coins are:
https://bravenewcoin.com/news/dash-monero-zcash-and-more-anonymous-cryptocurrencies-explained/
^^ this mentions xspec but not deeponion, read into that what you want.
An article highlighting that it has a use case as a privacy coin:
https://darkwebnews.com/cryptocurrency/spectrecoin/
^^xspec is proof of stake so fees are small compared to monero for example.

I think people need to work harder to post more informed replies than, it's a scam, I bought X coin instead etc.

I have researched both, and went for xspec, I therefore know more about it, so can likely be considered biased, but I have linked to some external sources.

Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:55:43 AM

I'm new to bitcointalk, but these posts are so nothing and vague, and at worst misleading. And deep onion and spectrecoin are definately at different stages of development.

Deep onion is not a privacy coin yet, it simply runs on the tor network. No one can say that deeponion is a better privacy coin than any project that has stealth address, ring sigs and tor. When it does it could be a good coin, until then I am wary of what I read and where I read about deeponion, because of the airdrops and incentives the project offers to "dominate" forums with deeponion talk.

Spectrecoin is from what I've research, a solid project that had a very bumpy start, but is now on track. The team is small, but while the coin was forked from SDC in late 2016, the Dev team have only really got going around July 2017 team due to illness/retirement of the old lead developer. Their price is not as hyped or artificial as deeponion, mainly because they marketing is so limited.

But I hold spectrecoin, and three recent articles about spectrecoin from three separate news outlets:

investinblockchain website /what-is-spectrecoin (edit: filter didn't like the blockchain part of link, search in google?)
https://bravenewcoin.com/news/dash-monero-zcash-and-more-anonymous-cryptocurrencies-explained/

I think people need to work harder to post more informed replies than, it's a scam, I bought X coin instead etc.

I have researched both, and went for xspec, I therefore know more about it, so can likely be considered biased, but I have linked to some external sources.

Can't fault your logic. I'm actually impressed. If only the majority of BTT community could be like you.
I hold some XSPEC and Onions too, but if I had to choose, I'll XSPEC anyday, anytime - just take a look at their roadmap. The team knows what it's up against and how it will go up against those challenges.  Deep Onion on the other hand - TOR... and it's not like TOR is unbreachable
Julen

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:18:16 AM

Both coins scare me of as there is a certain (unjustified?) hype level arround both.  People mindlessly spamming on this forum you should buy either without giving a valid reason for doing so.

I had a little money in Onion but decided to get out as the coin keeps going down and i expect a further dump after the upcoming airdrop.

As i did want a privacy coin in my portfolio i went back to NAV.  A coin and team that have been around for quite some time and that have a promising roadmap for 2018.  it's marketcap is already a tad higher than either Xspec or Onion, but at least i'm sure it's a legit project with plenty of room to grow still. dyor though...
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:20:33 AM

I trust Spectrecoin very much. We were in a big crash and all altcoins cost so much. But in the summer months prices will rise.
I would suggest you wait patiently. Deeponion does not give me any confidence and I have never invested Smiley
All markets are in down these days but to be wise better invest in these two deeponion and spectrecoin. They have both potential and can be the best in your wallet but since price fell down in spectrecoin you can hold and wait to rise the price.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:24:41 AM

deeponion is better project in my opinion. I have been also considering investing in that for some time, now I definitely decided to go further and put $2k in it. Advise you to do the same Wink
Riten

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:27:19 AM

I choose Monero Smiley
Spectrecoin and Deeponion is like being said above similar. I agree that Deeponion has an advantage at the moment. Deepsend or something like that will be a good feature. It is something like mixer,you can read more about it here.

https://steemit.com/deeponion/@wekkel/deeponion-deepsend-explained

And they maybe have a smart contracts which would be a bigger advantage between these two. But Deeponion campaign is getting on my nerves, which is maybe not so relevant, but still lot of spamming from their side.
BitLendingClub

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:03:54 PM

Excellent research, man! I would like that most of posts will be such or similar.
About coins. I don't like so much ads and PR from Deep Onion. And with Tor not all good. I see some mentions when says that owner Tor-exitnode can accumulate any info. And it's quite critical for coins
inthelongrun

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:06:26 PM

I think you should just invest on both. There are lots of negative feed back on Deep Onion but their community looks very solid and strong. They are winning polls and topped that new Indian crypto exchange poll. That might be the second coming of Verge.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:57:43 PM

The combination of POS and anonymity is fantastic, in fact a POS coin is MUUUUUUUCH harder to censor. It would be a lot easier to attack the Monero network for a hostile entity (like a government) by outlawing Monero mining and at the same time, using government computing resources to attack the Monero main chain.

Attacking a POS coin is much harder, there is no hardware and no electricity consumption that can be traced. An enemy would have to buy 50%+  of XSPEC to control the chain. This is doable and would result in $1000 XSPEC.

So XSPEC, at peace or at war, is an excellent coin IMHO.

Onion is better than XSPEC...but only at marketing and hyping. It is more like a cult if you read their threads; and this airdrop hype MLM thingy...brrrrrrrrrrr!  Tongue

XSPEC is probably the best privacy coin right now, methinks.

Truth is the new hatespeech.
guneytasyurek

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:05:51 AM

Xspec and onion are both scams, devs dumped massive amounts, stay far away if you don't want to lose money.
Why dont you just show us a proof that xspec is a scam coin? Better to reveal your proof before spreading empty words.
TucoRamirez

Activity: 330
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:50:06 AM

Look, both coins are quite decent. Please post link about XSPEC being a scam.. I would like to read it. I have invested in both coins for a few weeks now.

DeepOnion has a good strong community and they have also launched DeepVault - private, anonymous and secure file storage. They are currently giving weekly airdrops so ofcourse there is interest/hype/fud associated with it, but once the airdrops finish in a few months is when the technology will really show itself.
lero34

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:30:21 AM

About fraud or not, I do not know anything. It is necessary to look on groups or read on the Internet the pop-like information. For you, what you offer is not salvation. On this, I advise you to deduce what you can not lose what's left
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:47:11 AM

Where it stands now, I see absolutely 0 reason to use either over real privacy coins out there, both have been spammed to hell and dumped hard, Xspec sounds good in theory but I still see nothing to suggest they can pull off stealth staking, if they can I'll probably invest in it myself, till then I see 0 cause, it's also the #1 spammed coin by Jr members.

Also, doesn't xspec only have one developer? Their Github page only shows commits from 1 person, their website also confirms it, also using code names for developers is as good as having no team up, people are putting a lot of faith in to this one..
sportadz

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:29:14 PM

Has anyone actually seen a demonstration of deepvault in action - my worry with Deeponion is that its extremely well marketed but hasn't necessarily been tested for real?
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:33:24 PM

Both coins are very good. Deeponion and spectrecoin have good technology But if I had to choose one, i choose deeponion. I heard about it a lot good informations so i prefer this
ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:47:36 PM

Where it stands now, I see absolutely 0 reason to use either over real privacy coins out there, both have been spammed to hell and dumped hard, Xspec sounds good in theory but I still see nothing to suggest they can pull off stealth staking, if they can I'll probably invest in it myself, till then I see 0 cause, it's also the #1 spammed coin by Jr members.

Also, doesn't xspec only have one developer? Their Github page only shows commits from 1 person, their website also confirms it, also using code names for developers is as good as having no team up, people are putting a lot of faith in to this one..
Apparently all this is exactly what happens. But I think that if a coin enters the market, then professional traders immediately make an analysis and determine the prospects of this project.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: