Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:30:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The problem with cryptos  (Read 492 times)
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:23:38 PM

I think the problem is that ICO, new projects, people with no knowledge. Everything is very new so there is an unpredictability in the market which also causes institutional investors not to enter in market right now.

Sequoia Capital invested in Filecoin through the ICO. So if we will see good projects institutional investors will definitely take part in.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tilbrook007

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:14:58 AM

The first problem that cryptocurrency encounters at some stage of its life path is scaling. Number of transactions increased, channel bandwidth limited and unstable. As a result, money from the owner's wallet can "hang" in space for several days, and large transactions are forced to queue up to complete the transaction.
From a technical point of view, no one and no regulator regulator can use cryptocurrency. However, parties can easily finance websites, flows, enforces logical transactions and so on. Whose position will ultimately be stronger? Only time will be able to answer it. And this works for cryptographic sake, which grows daily because of Investors and the awakening awareness of the public. Hand in hand, financiers are tired of new things in the world of traditional money.

A good quality post
chanpinchen

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:19:51 AM

The crypto is facing many problems which have to be solved before it can move further. I would quote one here : The lack of regulations to engender market manipulation. The crypto exchanges are currently operating in uncharted area where regulations guiding their operations are non existing. The lack of regulations to ensure security, verifiability and fairness is the main reason that keep institutions out of the crypto market. Without the participation of the institutional players and its corresponding trading volume, make it hard for crypto currencies to break the liquidity barrier. The solution might lies in the adoption of a hybrid exchange platform which will neutralize front-running crypto trades and ensure transparency, inalterability and temporality of order book to provide all market players a level playing field .
Olivia_Nielsin

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:28:38 AM

In my opinion, the crypto market cap is suffering because the general public are not entering the market and embracing blockchain.
Ray Kroc, the founder of McDonald’s gave hamburgers and french fries to the masses using a PHYSICAL PRESENCE.
Bitcoin has more presence than other coins and is therefore number 1.
There is a coin that has a physical rebranding concept and the coin is in its infancy. The coins business model has its merits. People participated in their free ICO and now people are starting to buy the coin based on the vision.
As a part of the www.bitcoinfuji.com team I can tell you we are extremely dedicated and the ecosystem is paramount.
Rebranding includes products, retail businesses, building naming rights,etc. The Asian markets are ripe for this and more receptive than Western markets. It’s all about getting a name in front of people and having an ecosystem that is uncomplicated and appealing to everyday people. Take a look! Thank you for your time.

But..the lack of physical presence is one of the advantages of cryptocurrencies, doesn't it?
chanpinchen

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:58:04 AM

This is my second reply and it deals on another problem: lack of liquidity. The lack of it make it hard for traders and investors to exit the market at profitable price. Very often the players have to change their prices many times and wait for their orders to be filled. Hence many traders felt trapped in the market beyond the timing of their exit signal. The lack of liquidity also the main reason for massive price swing when more traders trade in the same direction.  One of viable solution to this problem is to get the crypto community to participate and support the growth and development of FUTURE markets. These markets allow traders to SHORT sell the coins held by investors ,thus increases the crypto trade volume which would in turn moderate the price volatility.
chanpinchen

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:28:58 AM

This my third reply and I would quote another problem: Current crypto exchanges lack security for investor fund. There were many cases where dishonest crypto exchanges disappeared with funds of traders and investors. The crypto exchanges would have do more to eradicate the skepticism of the potential investors. This can be achieved by adopting steps to ensure the safety and security of the investors fund. For example the adoption of smart card based hardware and wallets which are very secured that let you have total control of your coins, even in the unlikely event that the exchange go bust.
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:50:07 AM

If virtually all the ICO end up with real life project not just a project in the whitepaper it will help to burst the lifespan of cryptocurrencies and the value.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Enki369 (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:57:02 AM

This my third reply and I would quote another problem: Current crypto exchanges lack security for investor fund. There were many cases where dishonest crypto exchanges disappeared with funds of traders and investors. The crypto exchanges would have do more to eradicate the skepticism of the potential investors. This can be achieved by adopting steps to ensure the safety and security of the investors fund. For example the adoption of smart card based hardware and wallets which are very secured that let you have total control of your coins, even in the unlikely event that the exchange go bust.

Great comment contributions: I enjoyed reading your point of view about the problems.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:00:13 AM

I like the idea of having a physical brand bit that has totally shifted away from the digital currency and decentralized digital currency system in the sense that this coins will be control and at the same time centralized so the idea of crypto is totally not their, if the is need for that trust be the inventor of bitcoin could have also done that.
mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:30:29 AM

people simply don't care about blockchain technology or even understand it , they only invest when market is up and because of continuous FUD , they get scared and ran !

Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:37:55 AM

I don't get it,  what do you mean by saying "physical"?  A real paper/metal  banknotes?  Absolutely absurd,  or I must have misunderstood. Cryptocurrency will stay where it belongs -  on the Internet.  Those people who cannot access it are not the audience and there's no need to bring it to them

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 09:47:48 AM

people simply don't care about blockchain technology or even understand it , they only invest when market is up and because of continuous FUD , they get scared and ran !

There you go. The same applies for fiat financial systems. (most) people don't care about what happens behind their credit card or savings account. They care about ease of use.
If cryptocurrencies can get to that stage, ease of use for people who are not interested in how it works, then the masses will join and FUD will fade

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:49:12 AM

i think many people only have mindset if blockchain is the easy way to get rich. althought blockchain and bitcoin is deferent things, but both of them like the unity. bitcoin is the product and blockchain is a system are available to transfer btc, not only that blockchain can transfer the other things with transparancy and fast
Condoriano

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:15:30 AM

I think it would be best to leave crypto where it is right now.

1. You can't force people to get into crypto since it will just look like your'e scamming them.
2. Physical is impossible for now since no market will accept and values are not stable.
3. Stable market won't be that much beneficial and investors might loss interest since they won't earn much.
4. Crypto won't be crypto anymore if physical coins will be release. Crypto will live in the internet forever and will make it own path.

czhen

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:24:57 AM

In my view, cryptocurrency has no restriction on monetary policy of any country, so it is simpler to travel abroad. Using bitcoin does not require physical transactions, making it easier for customers to transact. Compared to banknotes where you have to change your rupiah currency in money changer first, then cryptocurrency is more reliable.
 slowing of bitcoin growth
The 'mined' system is basically arranged so that the longer the digital money gets harder and for cryptocurrency like bitcoin, of course, it can keep its value, since the demand for this digital currency will remain for as long as there are merchants willing to use bitcoin as a tool payment.
The more accepted the global community
As mentioned earlier, bitcoin has been accepted as a means of payment. If cryptocurrency continues to be used to purchase real goods and services, then the demand for this digital currency will continue to be maintained.
Enki369 (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:07:44 PM

I don't get it,  what do you mean by saying "physical"?  A real paper/metal  banknotes?  Absolutely absurd,  or I must have misunderstood. Cryptocurrency will stay where it belongs -  on the Internet.  Those people who cannot access it are not the audience and there's no need to bring it to them

You misunderstood, read the other posts
Enki369 (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:21:19 PM

www.bitcoinfuji.com says

To be honest we believe the market has hit a brick wall
There are coins in the top 200 with high market caps that have a 24 hour turnover that you would expect from one busy McDonald’s store: its no wonder the big boys on Wall Street don’t give crypto any credibility.
Bitcoinfuji understands the problem but at this point in time will not talk too loudly about solutions. Aristotle Onassis once said the secret to making money is knowing something nobody else knows! Yes, this is cryptic!
Enki369 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:56:03 AM

I think it would be best to leave crypto where it is right now.

1. You can't force people to get into crypto since it will just look like your'e scamming them.
2. Physical is impossible for now since no market will accept and values are not stable.
3. Stable market won't be that much beneficial and investors might loss interest since they won't earn much.
4. Crypto won't be crypto anymore if physical coins will be release. Crypto will live in the internet forever and will make it own path.

Good reading...thank you
anylic

Activity: 278
Merit: 115

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:16:16 AM

After reviewing the information about the project you mentioned above, I find this project is just trying to deceive the assets of the investor. On their home page there is no roadmap and product introduction. Most of the information is trying to promote and try to win the trust of investors by word of mouth. In both the introductory video on the home page, just talk about the Waves project. Website design is nothing outstanding. There is no reason to invest here

rickn

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:58:01 AM

The problem is not the crypto market but the fear people have of losing their money invested, the greed and fear of governments losing control over the wealth of their citizens and the boycott of big banks that fear their hegemony is shaken
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: