Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:28:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡ [OC] Ethereum vanity address generator that runs in a web browser  (Read 214 times)
brsk (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:41:09 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 12:57:22 PM by brsk

Vanity-ETH is an open source tool using your web browser to generate Ethereum vanity addresses.

Please tell me if you have any idea to improve it !

Usage

First of all, visit the following link: https://bokub.github.io/vanity-eth/ (or the shortcut: http://git.io/veth )

Enter the prefix of your choice, then click 'generate' to start. Your browser is going to generate a ton of random addresses until one of them starts with your prefix.

Once an address is found, you can reveal the private key, or click the 'save' button to download a password-encrypted keystore file.

You can increase the number of working threads to reach higher speeds, or decrease it if you computer struggles.

Security

As explained above, everything is computed in your browser. Nothing ever leaves your machine, or even your browser tab.

Once the web page is loaded, you can turn off the internet and continue playing.

You can also download the latest build of Vanity-ETH from Github ( https://github.com/bokub/vanity-eth/wiki/Download-Vanity-ETH ) and use it completely offline.

Vanity-ETH uses a cryptographically secure pseudorandom number generator (CSPRNG) to generate Ethereum addresses.

The keystore file is encrypted with a AES-128-CTR cipher using the BKDF2-SHA256 derivation function with 65536 hashing rounds.

Performance

For some reason, the performance of Vanity-ETH can vary a lot from a browser to another. Right now, Chrome seems to be the one providing the best results.

Using Vanity-ETH on your phone or tablet will work, but don't expect to reach the speed of a good old computer.

Compatibility

Any address generated with Vanity-ETH is ERC-20 compatible, which means you can use it for an ICO, an airdrop, or just to withdraw your funds from an exchange.

The keystore file is 100% compatible with MyEtherWallet, MetaMask, Mist, and geth.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TomiJerry

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:57:45 PM

The most important question,  how I can be sure that my private key information will not disclosed to the third parties. Im not understand to much in coding for audit of this generator and I could not trust anyone who will say that it is safe to use. I think that Vitalik will not say it.

Moreover this published by newbie and it is high risk of scam
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: