Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:17:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Security Devices  (Read 406 times)
FrontLineFodder (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:19:59 PM

Hi all,
New here, though I wanted to ask A question to see what replies I got.

I'm new to mining and have purchased bitcoins through LocalBitCoins.com ( To buy erupters  Grin )

When I first got started I signed up to a web wallet, I figured I'm not going to lose much if there was issues. Even so, I wanted to secure this as much as reasonable, so I made sure to use the one time password services such as google authenticator.

I'm not sure how much trust I can put into these services, they are cloud based and as such I guess they could be compromised.
I looked into the yubikey product as well, though it appears that relies on a cloud service as well, and anybody could use it, not just me.

Are there any products that do not depend on cloud services, can be used to unlock computer accounts, password safes, bitcoin wallet software, etc and That also require the person using it to be me. I'm OK if I am taken hostage and are forced to unlock it, just as long as it could not be used without me knowing  Cheesy

The Trezor product sounds like it would fit, though the way I understand it anybody who has the Trezor could use it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: