Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:29:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of this SCAM about EOS airdrop  (Read 464 times)
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:46:11 AM

It would make no sense for EOS to hold any sort of airdrop because that would be scamming the previous investors out of their money by inflating the supply of the coin that has been sent out for no cost.

Also, I'm sure that EOS wants to raise a lot more money than just giving it away via an airdrop.

Thanks for letting us know. It's an obvious one. These phishing emails are really common these days, don't ever click on anything until you verify the sender is legitimate and you've done your reasearch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Javanewstar

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:48:06 AM

These scammers make use of the idea that people want to get something for nothing, so don't just click on the link from any website, because it might steal your all money.

deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:29:05 AM

that was a good information for airdrop hunter. I got many suspicious email like that and I know that is all just phising. just ignore it, mark as spam.
search info first on trusted websites or official website to make sure that email fake or not
loberos

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:48:12 PM

There is a new EOS airdrop.
It's a telegram airdrop and google form to fill ETH and telegram username:

Doesn't seem like a scam, but they are giving away 5 EOS.

Anyone knows about it?
nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:58:52 PM

If you receive an email saying:

BREAKING: EOS Devs Announce Massive Airdrop

beware!

is a scam very well performed that will link you to a fake coindesk site
original:
https://www.coindesk.com/
fake with the :
https://www.coindeṡk.com/EOS-halves-token-amount-for-blockone-leaves-tokens-to-be-claimed/

that link you to a mywtherwallet veryfied page with a contract ready to be deployed

beware because scammers know that all of us wants free coins!
That is sick,i dont understand how they get that domain name because its impossible to have that s .The oginal website and the copy has almost the same contents,it should be reported to the domain registrar so the copycat website would be take down for good,a lot of people find ways to get what they want and this is the firstime i have seen domain names like that,but thanks for the warning.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
loberos

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:43:47 PM

There is a new EOS airdrop.
It's a telegram airdrop and google form to fill ETH and telegram username:

Doesn't seem like a scam, but they are giving away 5 EOS.

Anyone knows about it?

The form was removed and Telegram group renamed in "EOS Info" and emptied.
Seems suspicious. Almost 26k ppl joined the group.
let's see, what they do.
Don't follow links posted in such groups.
Digital Mutant (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:51:22 PM

beware!

original:
fake with the :
https://www.coindeṡk.com/EOS-halves-token-amount-for-blockone-leaves-tokens-to-be-claimed/

that link you to a mywtherwallet veryfied page with a contract ready to be deployed

That is sick,i dont understand how they get that domain name because its impossible to have that s .The oginal website and the copy has almost the same contents,it should be reported to the domain registrar so the copycat website would be take down for good,a lot of people find ways to get what they want and this is the firstime i have seen domain names like that,but thanks for the warning.

Clone phishing
Clone phishing is a type of phishing attack whereby a legitimate, and previously delivered, email containing an attachment or link has had its content and recipient address(es) taken and used to create an almost identical or cloned email. The attachment or link within the email is replaced with a malicious version and then sent from an email address spoofed to appear to come from the original sender. It may claim to be a resend of the original or an updated version to the original. This technique could be used to pivot (indirectly) from a previously infected machine and gain a foothold on another machine, by exploiting the social trust associated with the inferred connection due to both parties receiving the original email.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing#Clone_phishing
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:06:27 PM

I also got the same email but am damn sure its a phishing scam because I happen to be a member of the official EOS telegram and there has been a warning before the scam mail.

khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:18:17 PM

Well that is something new , so they now try to trick us with fake site which is not MEW then direct us from it to the scam in MEW but with the wrong contract address .  People really need to be careful most of the scams happening is coming from emails .

I will tell you guys something might be useful , When you get an email with important news about a token you own just close your email go to the social media channel of this token or the website and see if there is something really happening . That what I always do .

It is amazing how many users thanked Op for his thread , and now one gave him any Merit .   BTW that is what Merit for ( thanking someone for useful thread or to show him/her that your liked  his/her  thread )  Wink
delitte

Activity: 168

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:23:31 PM

There would be no EOS airdrop because it already one of the most important and the strongest Cryptocurrency in the market today.
I really don't believe EOS would announce their airdrop, for what? They already earned the position as of the top altcoins in the market and would never give their tokens to the public for free.
There's another ICO today that is called EOZ, maybe that ICO will give away free tokens through airdrop.

eterhunter

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:26:20 PM

Thanks for the information i was also experience that kind of emailing but i don't mind it i rather delete it to be sure that i will not become one of there victim,nowadays this kind of hacking system is prone to everyone co'z hackers know that we like a free coins in airdrop.
boss1dg

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:38:36 PM

thanks for alert .
best method is use bookmark always important URLs .
and never open wallet/exchange link direct from any site .

micloop

Activity: 448
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 08:19:46 PM

I received this e-mail too. It's very similar to the original one. Congrats to scammers, this was easy to drop into it.
Not this time to me. =)
Digital Mutant (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:28:20 AM

there's an encreasing activity of scam emailings, omisego, eos, etc

please beware and check always the sender

never deploy any contract without knowing the third party you are dealing with

your knowledge and your rensponsability will make crypto community unstoppable!
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 09:18:53 AM

The Scammers are getting sophisticated daily and it only warrant us to be extra careful in our online doings.

Too many bad people attempting to steal from others.

https://cryptotvplus.com
Fokl

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:45:38 AM

Thank you for providing information on fraudulent schemes, this is very useful for everyone. Of course, I long ago learned to be suspicious of the letters of "happiness", but sometimes you want to take part in the easy money.
Digital Mutant (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:49:37 PM

SCAM WARNING ➤ Don't get fooled by the VeChain fake airdrop. There isn't any running @vechainofficial airdrop currently!
crypto_nox

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:40:43 AM

oh man, i clicked that link today. thank god found out myself that site goes to this domain - xn--coindes-jhb , no one can see that in first attempt looks like real. please spread this message to everyone. Thanks for posting here.

and if anyone get that email, please click in your gmail options "Report phishing"
Ms Emi

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

Complete transparency on your charitable donations

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:42:57 AM

That's one reason I stopped joining airdrops except from the ICO I am joining, but if they don't give airdrops then it's fine with me, I don't want to waste my effort joining those craps, I've learn my lesson.

G i f t c o i n  ♥  Small change. Big impact.
ICO: 20th March 2018 (https://www.giftcoin.org/)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:45:04 AM

beware!

original:
fake with the :

ALL GREED MUST BE AWARE OF THIS..those kind of users that being victimized by this kind of scams are those whos always looking for free without doing anything..greed will lead us to failure better change that attitude,because everything that we earned must came from our labor or works.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: