Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:03:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of this SCAM about EOS airdrop  (Read 461 times)
Digital Mutant (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:41:00 PM
Merited by khufuking (1)

If you receive an email saying:

BREAKING: EOS Devs Announce Massive Airdrop

beware!

is a scam very well performed that will link you to a fake coindesk site
original:
https://www.coindesk.com/
fake with the :
https://www.coindeṡk.com/EOS-halves-token-amount-for-blockone-leaves-tokens-to-be-claimed/

that link you to a mywtherwallet veryfied page with a contract ready to be deployed

beware because scammers know that all of us wants free coins!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YUriy1991

Activity: 896
Merit: 217

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:45:59 PM

Thanks for the info. Even today, also to attention, there was a mailing, a free course of training cryptography, which allegedly costs $ 1000, where they offered to open a text document, and then received a bunch of viruses after opening the file, the attack of which is set to mail, wallets and passwords to exchanges! The information is not 100% but I think it will be useful!

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
blackhart7

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:56:21 PM

thanks for the info  bro .
beheddard

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:59:10 PM

Noted and bumped!
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:06:06 PM

thank you for sharing this information with me, I hope with this information will make the crypto to be more careful in following a crypto project especially airdrop, if want to make a good future investment, I suggest to the crypto to invest in daneel project .io, only 10 days left, ICO daneel will finish, immediately join and make profit as much as possible. www.daneel.io
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:15:04 AM

Thanks for the information
I got the email this morning and I would have fallen victim without this
God bless
Also beware of phishing emails
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:26:21 AM

This info is pretty good and it show how kind you are. There have been fake sites 
by scammers on internet of recent, getting too much. We should not because we are hunting for free coins then fall victim of activities of scammers. If we watch most of these sites carefully, we will discover that some letters gave dots either at the base or the top. It will be quite unfortunate if we fall for this.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 11:33:01 AM

Scammers and hackers are running wild in this cryptocurrency world of free money

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Nachoo

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 11:40:00 AM

Thank you OP. Reading about scammed people makes me sad and that's why I think most people are skeptical about cryptos. There's nothing to do against those scammers? Nobody can stop them?
Gunny95

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:53:35 AM

that link you to a mywtherwallet veryfied page with a contract ready to be deployed

Can someone explain this?  Sad

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:59:05 AM

Thanks so much for this inforamtion, so just save some people from losing their portfolio, I don't know why some people always feel that frees things are free, this is one of the things that its comes with, and any greedy perosn will nd up losing his fund to these scammers
Tuare aget

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:48:58 PM

thank you for sharing this information with me, I hope with this information will make the crypto to be more careful in following a crypto project especially airdrop, if want to make a good future investment, I suggest to the crypto to invest in daneel project .io, only 10 days left, ICO daneel will finish, immediately join and make profit as much as possible. www.daneel.io

Daneel project is good choice to invest in ico project. Its first idea based on AI.
However, i always stay away from airdrop because its more scam rather than legit. So i will stay away
chitocrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

For verified airdrops https://t.me/pinoyairdrop

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 12:52:11 PM

This was posted on AirdropAlert sadly. Don't they do verifications first.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:00:11 PM

Thanks for the warning. This information will help a lot and save people from such scams.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 04:04:29 PM

beware!

original:
fake with the :
https://www.coindeṡk.com/EOS-halves-token-amount-for-blockone-leaves-tokens-to-be-claimed/

Anyway thanks for your information. I think people must see carefully for what they click, research and ask about the website validity.
Too much Phising and Scam Website come with absurd name. Example like you share, also Bitcointalk.to (It's phising site!)

ryjin1007

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:06:02 PM

you can obviously detects if the the airdrop was scam or true because the official telegram group of each project will announce if their having an airdrop or not and most important thing dont give some eth or donation because AIRDROP are free
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:12:24 PM

beware!

original:
fake with the :

Thank you for the heads up. Recently, I got a lot of scam emails like this. Don't know how did these scammers get my email and my name.

Digital Mutant (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:25:13 PM

Can someone explain this?  Sad

that if you click the link in the email you are redirected on myetherwallet original site with a smart contract prepared to steal tokens from your etherwallet wallet

Thank you OP. Reading about scammed people makes me sad and that's why I think most people are skeptical about cryptos. There's nothing to do against those scammers? Nobody can stop them?
scam in cryptoworld is the same of a scam in real world, there are always a lot of thieves that try to steal what is yours. the only way to stop them is be aware of much as possible and be informed and first of all share and invest time in sharing with the community and with newbies all that you know.

only if we learn to share we can build a great community and make cryptoworld a safe and healthy place.
rbt

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:44:40 PM

beware!

original:
fake with the :

Thank you for the heads up. Recently, I got a lot of scam emails like this. Don't know how did these scammers get my email and my name.
I`m also receiving countless phishing emails and I suspect the reason is an airdrop registration or even a bounty registration (unfortunately, I took part in a scam ICO managed here, on Bitcointalk). Luckily I haven`t used my primary email for this.
Digital Mutant (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:18:11 AM

beware!

original:
fake with the :

I`m also receiving countless phishing emails and I suspect the reason is an airdrop registration or even a bounty registration (unfortunately, I took part in a scam ICO managed here, on Bitcointalk). Luckily I haven`t used my primary email for this.

very good choice, it's a good practice to have differents emails in order to avoid scams emailings affect primary and most important email accounts
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: