Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:52:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project of renewed merit allocation system  (Read 367 times)
Oleh Khoroshko (OP)

Activity: 314
Merit: 10

Nothing is ever in perpetuity... 

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 09:39:35 PM

Project of renewed merit allocation system

Bitcointalk forum is the place that unites us all into one big family. This place we can call our second home. And it is the duty of each one of us to prevent destabilization and chaos.
Recently, the administration of the forum has changed the requirements in the rank system. This upset many people. But this measure was very necessary in order to save Forum from a wave of multi-accounts and spam. Personally, I support these measures. However, it's time to refine this system, as the public resonance has ripened. Here's what I propose to Bitcointalk administration:

1) System of merit sources should be turned off.
2) Remove system of renewable ½ merit, in the case of receiving merits.
3) Renewed rank system. Who/to whom/how many can give.
4) Change the amount of necessary merit level to achieve new ranks.
5) Legendary can receive merits only from Legendary. For example: Legendary with 320 merits, and with 500, this is a big difference, it is a sign of activity and quality of this member of Bitcointalk community, as he was highly appreciated by other Legendary's.
6) Introduce the official sale of merits. Example: Copper Member - is working model of financial side. Price for 10 merit: 0.01 BTC.
This measure will stop the black market, and will also provide resources to improve the technical, software and human resources of Bitcointalk forum.
7) It should be easy to look and understand who bought merit or received it for his professionalism and benefit. Ranks used mainly in the Signature campaigns, and soon it will pass. Need to research new opportunities. That's why we need to change system.

I ask you to take an active part in the discussion of this project. Your opinion is very valuable to Bitcointalk community!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 09:52:08 PM

These threads are becoming really tiresome, and I hat stupid great images that contribute nothing to the post.

Another one to ignore.
Oleh Khoroshko (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 09:56:23 PM

These threads are becoming really tiresome, and I hat stupid great images that contribute nothing to the post.

Another one to ignore.

If you wrote, then you did not ignore it. So you are interested in this Grin Wink

Are you satisfied with everything?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 12:55:40 AM

However, it's time to refine this system, as the public resonance has ripened.

The "public" is currently shitposting.  We want the public gone.

We just created the merit system - it's obviously not time to refine it.

Give it six months before you go asking for change.  

And ^ ^ ^  yeah, stop with these useless topics already.
Revenant 02

Activity: 161
Merit: 131

freebitcoin - bit.ly/39W35eE

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 07:39:47 PM
Merited by hkdfgkdf (9)

The merit system had just been implemented a month ago buddy. Surely you must have heard of the saying "Comply first before you complain". Give it some time for people to get used to it. The forum administrators will make the proper changes at the right time if deemed necessary. I have some thoughts about it too, but I guess I'll save it for later. For now, let us just learn to cope up and go with the flow. Rather than wasting your time making these kind of threads, work on improving your knowledge about cryptocurrency instead. That way, you will be able to contribute more in the forum and add much more quality to your posts. After taking a look at your recent posts, I'd say you could try to engage more on global conversations and not only on your local board. Good luck!  Smiley
Oleh Khoroshko (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 08:51:22 PM

The merit system had just been implemented a month ago buddy. Surely you must have heard of the saying "Comply first before you complain". Give it some time for people to get used to it. The forum administrators will make the proper changes at the right time if deemed necessary. I have some thoughts about it too, but I guess I'll save it for later. For now, let us just learn to cope up and go with the flow. Rather than wasting your time making these kind of threads, work on improving your knowledge about cryptocurrency instead. That way, you will be able to contribute more in the forum and add much more quality to your posts. After taking a look at your recent posts, I'd say you could try to engage more on global conversations and not only on your local board. Good luck!  Smiley
Thank you for feedback. I'll listen to your advice Wink It is not easy for me to become living in the world of the Forum, since I'm  live in the world of war that has surrounded me for fourth year already. Philosophy it is interesting thing, but is not always appropriate. My attempt to do something better has met the resistance of a certain circle of people. Note, that such persons not so many. Of course, everything needs it time. And time will tell. In one  I'm sure - that mechanism requires revision! Good luck to you too, buddy! Cool
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:04:08 AM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (1)

This whole merit thing is stupid in my opinion. I've had people threatening to leave - feedback on me for sending 10 merit to people when it came out. To me, 10 merit is not a lot at all. I read the announcement and it was my understanding that the merit was given to more senior members to do what they wish with it. Never once did it say that I should only send 1 merit per post or anything of the sort. Anyways, all this whole merit complaining is doing is making those of us who have it not want to give it out. I know I am afraid to now. I shouldn't have to worry about receiving negative trust for sending a small amount of merit to someone by lower ranking people of this forum. But, oh well. None of you are going to receive any merit from me now. The first day it came out I was going to send 100 to some random guy just to test it out. Sure glad I didn't do that. I would probably be in red trust right now. Even though I have done probably 100 trades on this forum. It's my opinion that the trust rating shouldn't have anything to do with merit. Unless someone is selling it. It should gauge trustfulness and not how generous someone is with their merit.
MrSpasybo

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:07:24 PM

I agree that the Merit system is to assure the quality of posts on forums, but it is too high for most members.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:32:30 PM

Another one to ignore.

If you wrote, then you did not ignore it. So you are interested in this Grin Wink

6) Introduce the official sale of merits. Example: Copper Member - is working model of financial side. Price for 10 merit: 0.01 BTC. This measure will stop the black market, and will also provide resources to improve the technical, software and human resources of Bitcointalk forum.

Your idea of selling merit shows an absolute lack of understanding of why this merit system was set in the first place, along with saying that "ranks are used in campaigns that will soon pass" which then would make paying for ranking illogical thus rendering your whole argument nonsensical.

You are not proposing to change the merit system, you are proposing to radically change the forum into a pure advertising web which cannot end up in anything but its own self-destruction as new users will find only commercial "advice".

The merit sources system works for the following:

a) Merit sources are under public scrutiny and cannot give merit without a good reason.
b) The rest of the users can act maliciously and exchange or sell merit, but that is limited to approximately 2x the merit they are legitimately able to earn, thus the damage of malicious behavior is controlled.

Your posting and merit summary has also come to my notice. You are actually posting texts including a copyright notice. Are you aware that this is a public forum? Also, you have exchanged merit with another user including sending 2 merit for this post, basically a copy of a press release:

"Cтpaтeгичecкoe пapтнepcтвo мeждy SHARE Creative (aгeнтcтвoм пpeoбpaзoвaния мapкeтингa) и SETHER (интeллeктyaльнoй плaтфopмoй для coциaльнoгo мapкeтингa) пoзвoлит знaчитeльнo ycкopить пpoцecc внeдpeния тexнoлoгии блoкчeйн бpeндaми. Бpeнды пoлyчaт дocтyп к лyчшим в cвoeм poдe тexнoлoгии и ycлyгaм для внeдpeния cмapт-кoнтpaктoв. Этo oзнaчaeт, чтo клиeнты SHARE, тaкиe кaк Sky, Southern Comfort, North Face и Jeep пoлyчaт вoзмoжнocть yпpaвлeния cвoими пoдpaздeлeниями, aвтoмaтизaции pacчeтoв  и пpoвepки peзyльтaтoв cвoиx мapкeтингoвыx кaмпaний, иcпoльзyя eдинyю плaтфopмy. SHERE плaниpyют пoдключить cвoиx клиeнтoв yжe пocлe зaпycкa бeтa-вepcии, в мapтe"

As I said, it is great to have a system in which you can only cause minor damage.
Oleh Khoroshko (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 02:40:36 PM

Another one to ignore.

6) Introduce the official sale of merits. Example: Copper Member - is working model of financial side. Price for 10 merit: 0.01 BTC. This measure will stop the black market, and will also provide resources to improve the technical, software and human resources of Bitcointalk forum.

Your idea of selling merit shows an absolute lack of understanding of why this merit system was set in the first place, along with saying that "ranks are used in campaigns that will soon pass" which then would make paying for ranking illogical thus rendering your whole argument nonsensical.

You are not proposing to change the merit system, you are proposing to radically change the forum into a pure advertising web which cannot end up in anything but its own self-destruction as new users will find only commercial "advice".

The merit sources system works for the following:

a) Merit sources are under public scrutiny and cannot give merit without a good reason.
b) The rest of the users can act maliciously and exchange or sell merit, but that is limited to approximately 2x the merit they are legitimately able to earn, thus the damage of malicious behavior is controlled.

Your posting and merit summary has also come to my notice. You are actually posting texts including a copyright notice. Are you aware that this is a public forum? Also, you have exchanged merit with another user including sending 2 merit for this post, basically a copy of a press release:

"Cтpaтeгичecкoe пapтнepcтвo мeждy SHARE Creative (aгeнтcтвoм пpeoбpaзoвaния мapкeтингa) и SETHER (интeллeктyaльнoй плaтфopмoй для coциaльнoгo мapкeтингa) пoзвoлит знaчитeльнo ycкopить пpoцecc внeдpeния тexнoлoгии блoкчeйн бpeндaми. Бpeнды пoлyчaт дocтyп к лyчшим в cвoeм poдe тexнoлoгии и ycлyгaм для внeдpeния cмapт-кoнтpaктoв. Этo oзнaчaeт, чтo клиeнты SHARE, тaкиe кaк Sky, Southern Comfort, North Face и Jeep пoлyчaт вoзмoжнocть yпpaвлeния cвoими пoдpaздeлeниями, aвтoмaтизaции pacчeтoв  и пpoвepки peзyльтaтoв cвoиx мapкeтингoвыx кaмпaний, иcпoльзyя eдинyю плaтфopмy. SHERE плaниpyют пoдключить cвoиx клиeнтoв yжe пocлe зaпycкa бeтa-вepcии, в мapтe"

As I said, it is great to have a system in which you can only cause minor damage.

Thanks for feedback!
I will say only one thing: I am grateful to the Forum thay have got oppotunity for expressing my opinion. It is very important for me, and everything else is secondary.
It is my author article you are absolutely right and I am a different  from you, I am a publicly person and I have the right to do so. You are fully mistaken in your opinion about my merits exchange, I was thinking that this post was author written. I liked the post and I had the right to evaluate it.
I am advise you to remember this topic and my prophecy - you will be shocked by the changes during the year. Good luck!

Regard, Oleh Khoroshko
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:26:27 PM

However, it's time to refine this system, as the public resonance has ripened.

The "public" is currently shitposting.  We want the public gone.

We just created the merit system - it's obviously not time to refine it.

Give it six months before you go asking for change.  

And ^ ^ ^  yeah, stop with these useless topics already.

I have seen statistics like this but not clarified at all, i don't know why people don't understand why merit feature is implemented. I think This should be posted on meta section not in "SERIOUS DISCUSSION", not to offend OP.
baundul

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:15:15 PM

Level incentive system very good. If this is done, then anyone who wishes can not give a lot of merit. It will be easier to keep an eye on anyone who provides them.
Ranks used mainly in the Signature campaigns, and soon it will pass.
Signature needs to have a quality post. In that case, he can earn a Merit if he is qualified. There are many who do not get merit even after posting a quality post. In that case, there is a need to keep a transparent group for Merit.
LiluSG

Activity: 588
Merit: 199

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:53:19 PM

The first option - the merit system was introduced in order to stop spam.
So far, I'm seeing that spam is not stopped, the themes are still cluttered up. There was a black market

The second option - the system was introduced, that would stop the growth of accounts on the forum. If you watch what happened with the social bounty - thousands of participants
Understandable measures and the system as a whole coped. The growth of accounts has been slowed down massively.

These are two different approaches and forum policy Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: