Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:01:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bananington's Lotto(Ticket Prices are 1BTC each)[Shutdown due to unpopularity]  (Read 4148 times)
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 10:23:18 AM

~13$ per ticket? I'd sooner go out and buy a real lottery ticket for less than half that. Also, if I was paying ~13$ per ticket, I sure as shit wouldn't want the tax man (YOU in this case) taking %20 for doing pretty much nothing.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bananington (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 344

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:15:36 PM

As for picking the winner I use a random name selector here at http://primaryschoolict.com/random-name-selector/.

Who's to say you're not going to "randomly" pick yourself to win?

there's really only one way to find out

How? Please don't be a smartass.

buy a ticket!!

Lol, Thanks.

~13$ per ticket? I'd sooner go out and buy a real lottery ticket for less than half that. Also, if I was paying ~13$ per ticket, I sure as shit wouldn't want the tax man (YOU in this case) taking %20 for doing pretty much nothing.

The winnings will be greater for it.

I set up and run the lottery. What do you do? Spend 1BTC... Jeesh. It's not like I'm taking hundreds of BTC.
(NOTE: The "tax" is 5% now.)

As for picking the winner I use a random name selector here at http://primaryschoolict.com/random-name-selector/.

Who's to say you're not going to "randomly" pick yourself to win?

No one. Who's to say that the West Virginia Lottery isn't rigged?

Can you tell me how I'm to prove that I didn't "Rig" the lotto?

Look at how this is run.  It's not hard to make a lotto that is pretty much impossible to cheat.

I don't understand that to be honest. It doesn't mean that I can't run a lottery. Doesn't the network run on trust? lol. There are no guarentees. You send your money and you hope I pay up. If I don't, the bitcoin network knows to avoid the bananington in all future endeavors. All you would have lost is a measly 1BTC.

Take a chance and buy a ticket people. It may be gambling but I'll pay up.

(Note: If anyone wants to explain how the Bitlotto runs completely transparent. I would appreciate and maybe attempt to duplicate it.)

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:20:27 PM

(Note: If anyone wants to explain how the Bitlotto runs completely transparent. I'd would appreciate and maybe attempt to duplicate it.)

Said explanation would be in the link I provided before.  Here it is again.

That page gives a detailed explanation of how his lottery is run, hence how it's run completely transparent.
Bananington (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:29:22 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2011, 02:41:26 PM by Bananington

(Note: If anyone wants to explain how the Bitlotto runs completely transparent. I'd would appreciate and maybe attempt to duplicate it.)

Said explanation would be in the link I provided before.  Here it is again.

That page gives a detailed explanation of how his lottery is run, hence how it's run completely transparent.

It's just a simple lottery. I'm not going to get numbers from the real lottery because, to be frank, that's too much work.

I'll list winners as well as the amount they won and their address. I'm not sure on how the bitcoin network works yet, but can't you check to see if the BTC actually went to that address?

You can't determine the identity of that address though, huh? :/

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 08:31:35 PM

It's just a simple lottery. I'm not going to get numbers from the real lottery because, to be frank, that's too much work.

I'll list winners as well as the amount they won and their address. I'm not sure on how the bitcoin network works yet, but can't you check to see if the BTC actually went to that address?

Example:
Say 9 people buy a ticket. You send some money to mybitcoin and back to a new wallet. You then buy 1 ticket. You then tell everyone you are using a random number but in fact you just send the winnings to your address. You post the winner and congratulate them and start another round. No one knows that you just paid yourself. There is no way to know if you did that or not. Bitcoin is kind of anonymous depending on how you use it and that's why HOW you pick the winner is important. Unless you design it such that you can't manipulate who wins, there is always that possibility. 

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
TheBitMan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 08:35:12 PM

Just use hypercam to record and have everyone post there address here
bitlotto

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 08:41:29 PM

Truthfully, that wouldn't really prove anything. They could just make the video over and over until they get the results they want.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
TheBitMan

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 09:00:58 PM

Truthfully, that wouldn't really prove anything. They could just make the video over and over until they get the results they want.
true that
MasonIII

Activity: 328

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 09:15:27 PM

true that

He could use two windows, one open to time.gov and the other to his randomizing. And then set a time on a designated time zone such as PDT on time.gov and then right when that time hits to do the randoming process.  Therefore he wouldn't have the chance to run it multiple times.
Bananington (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 09:20:20 PM

Example:
Say 9 people buy a ticket. You send some money to mybitcoin and back to a new wallet. You then buy 1 ticket. You then tell everyone you are using a random number but in fact you just send the winnings to your address. You post the winner and congratulate them and start another round. No one knows that you just paid yourself. There is no way to know if you did that or not. Bitcoin is kind of anonymous depending on how you use it and that's why HOW you pick the winner is important. Unless you design it such that you can't manipulate who wins, there is always that possibility.  

You're right. Sigh. Maybe I'll just sell some of my stuff then. lol.

true that

He could use two windows, one open to time.gov and the other to his randomizing. And then set a time on a designated time zone such as PDT on time.gov and then right when that time hits to do the randoming process.  Therefore he wouldn't have the chance to run it multiple times.

I appreciate both of your guys's attempts to help make this cheat free.

I just wanted to set up a simple lotto. You guys and your trust issues rub me the wrong way.  Sad

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
bitlotto

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 10:04:25 PM

I just wanted to set up a simple lotto. You guys and your trust issues rub me the wrong way.  Sad
Ah don't take it the wrong way. It's just that these type of lotteries, if not set up right, are easy to scam people with. I've seen it done. They think its easy money and won't get caught. Others here are just trying to protect players and help you fix issues. That's all.

TOR2WEB
bitbetter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I want to feel your empty heart.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 01:17:33 PM

Ah don't take it the wrong way. It's just that these type of lotteries, if not set up right, are easy to scam people with. I've seen it done. They think its easy money and won't get caught. Others here are just trying to protect players and help you fix issues. That's all.

I can vouch for the legitimacy of this guy, if that means anything to anyone. He is using my site to run his lottery, so if he doesnt pay you SOMEONE will. Plus, his account would be terminated if he is found to be doing any fraudulent activity. He's just new to Bitcoin and trying to find some other ways to make them without having to go to an exchange. We should help the newbies out!

BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: