Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:52:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Experts: Investing in Bitcoin now?  (Read 540 times)
AdvanceNote (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:27:14 AM

Would it be a smart move? i know no one "knows" but what do you think? I'm thinking long term, 5 years.

Appreciate all the advice.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:48:24 AM

like always when there is a dip in price, it becomes a better time to start buying bitcoin. and right now there is a nice dip with price lower than a big buy support.

I can't promise you that price won't fall more, and I can't tell you when this trend is going to reverse and rallies to begin. but what I believe in is that price will be a lot higher than this in near future and I have believed this for as long as I have known bitcoin and have been buying more amounts every month no matter what the price was ever since 2014 and will continue doing so.

Only Bitcoin
Rodon

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:54:07 AM

I think that it would be a great move. The price is going to rise, so the sooner you will buy Bitcoins, the better it will be. Furthermore, if it's long term investment, you win.
leath08

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:10:54 AM

For me I would rather be in bitcoin than not, if bitcoin goes $100 a coin I would be more gutted I didn’t invest.
If it goes up it’s a smart move if the arse falls out of it then not so smart.
If you have the spare money to invest go for it, personally I think it’s only going to get better.
I would rather put money into bitcoin than put it into a savings account with a bank
poGium

Activity: 56
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:32:20 AM

It would be the best if you had invested a few weeks ago. A few weeks ago, the price was around $ 7,000. I think that will also be the historic low for this year. Nevertheless, I would advise you to invest now, because I believe that btc is stabilizing and no crashes are to be expected. By the end of the year, the price could rise to as much as $ 30,000. That's just my modest forecast.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:36:12 AM

Would it be a smart move? i know no one "knows" but what do you think? I'm thinking long term, 5 years.

Bitcoin $9950 and Gold $1350/ounce

Buy/Invest Bitcoin only at $400.
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:58:05 AM

I think you should go for it. Bitcoin never ceases to amaze us as it always gets back after a price drop. You can also check out it's price graph from around 4-5 years ago till now. Also you can see that it has already started to go up, it reached 10,000 USD a few days ago and then it dropped a little bit, but I don't think it would be much of a problem as it started to increase again.
So, I would suggest you to invest it for a long term. What most of the good investors do is invest while the market is red, i.e. when the price is alot lower than what it usually is.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:07:42 AM

it is a smart move as long as you invest what you can afford to lose and not a penny more.
from what i see, bitcoin is not yet at the end of mass adoption. it is not even began the journey to mass adoption yet. and because of that, we are still early adopters eve if in short term you don't feel that way.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:10:20 AM

The price right now are quiet low so I think investing on it right now is a good entry point and since we are talking about the long term, the price right now will not matter. Hold it for good and for sure you will enjoy a bigger profit later on, though we will see a lot of pumps and dumps but don't think about focus on your goal and you will succeed.
AdvanceNote (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:07:52 AM

The price right now are quiet low so I think investing on it right now is a good entry point and since we are talking about the long term, the price right now will not matter. Hold it for good and for sure you will enjoy a bigger profit later on, though we will see a lot of pumps and dumps but don't think about focus on your goal and you will succeed.

Why start tomorrow when you can start today!? right ?
madainfamous

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:18:41 AM
Merited by Sebas.tian (1)

5 years would be a very long time. For me, investments in bitcoin is more for a short term investments. By short I mean, months or within a year. Within that 5 years in time, a lot can happen to bitcoin. Investing in bitcoin now, is the perfect time specially that its price today is way lower than its previous price where it almost reached 20k dollars a piece. You don't actually have to wait for 5 years because after a few months time, you can already see how much the value of your investments grow after a few months and before the year ends.

inmediate.io | The Smart Insurance Platform
Making Policies Transparent and Trustworthy
tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:26:36 AM

For me 5 years would be great for long term investment and maybe that time that your investment worth of millions already who knows!

This time is good to buy bitcoin because it is just $10k for now and maybe it is $100k or more in 5 years later...
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:27:56 AM

Long term? Of course! It's the short term that nobody has a clue about, but long term we're going to see more and more adoption all the time. Cryptocurrency is the future and all of the banks know it. Either than or they've got their heads buried in the sand, which still works in our favour.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:41:05 AM

Yes, if you want to invest for the long term, you will surely get your profit.
But if you talk about short time, it is a speculation whether you get your profit or not.
yanshan

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:56:18 PM

I think that it would be a great move. The price is going to rise, so the sooner you will buy Bitcoins, the better it will be. Furthermore, if it's long term investment, you win.
Exactly it is great move and not a small thing it is price has moved almost double this month. As an investment it is right time to get involve in bitcoin and buy as much as can, then focusing on your goal for high profit, bitcoin don’t take much long time to increase when it is already invested, a lot of expert said that coming time is going to be the age of digital currency so use the opportunity and buy as much as now can be bought.
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:58:30 PM

For me 5 years would be great for long term investment and maybe that time that your investment worth of millions already who knows!

This time is good to buy bitcoin because it is just $10k for now and maybe it is $100k or more in 5 years later...
5 years is going to be a lot of waiting. If you don't like when the price dumps then you could do that 5 year option and not look at what Bitcoin is worth during those 5 years.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:17:47 PM

If in the near future there is no bad news affecting the cost of bitcoin, then by mid-March, bitcoin should fall slightly in price to a value of 8000-9000 dollars and begin its take-off in 2018.
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:33:56 PM

It would be pretty smart if you knew how much money you are putting in. If you have over $100 then I would suggest that you place that in cold storage.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:34:05 AM

I can’t claim to be an expert, but I’ve been investing in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for 5 years now. Cryptocurrencies are still risky investments but they are no longer as risky as they were a few years ago. Back then everyone kept talking about Bitcoin as a Ponzi scheme and that it would fail. It has now lasted about 9 years and keeps getting stronger.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:02:51 AM

Perhaps cost average and stick to the plan? Anything else will drive you batty with doubt or regret. I don't think we're going to be seeing any crazy moves upwards for the foreseeable future. There's still plenty of room below. Whichever direction it takes, those who average will be the least frazzled by the time they're all spent out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: