Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:59:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts quickly changing miners new pool?  (Read 764 times)
Jriker1 (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:59:50 PM

I have about 5 mining rigs and on each are multiple GPU's and my CPU's.  I mine with both on each rig so have:

- CGMiner
- CGWatcher
- CPUMiner

CGMiner has it's config and CGWatcher uses it.  CPUMiner a batch file with the command line passing all the params.

Sometimes a pool goes down or in a lot of cases I get frustrated with the OP or the way the site is mining or not mining, or in a multi pool situation they are stuck on a coin that's not doing anything, and watch to switch everything elsewhere.  I know the alternative pool can be set on CG for the failover (not valuable if the site isn't physically down), but is there any way anyone can think of to switch all my miners should I want to easily with some kind of variable loading from a central miner?  I'm OK with stopping and starting everything even though that's a pain, but having to edit each one and go to each machine to do it is annoying. 

I'm OK to accept each miner using the same watcher name and password even though it's nice with some sites to have separate watcher stats of what each miner is doing, but could live without that for better automation of switching pools.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
milone

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 05:35:01 AM

CGRemote will be able to do this soon. It's still in development while in beta so there are many features that aren't yet finished, but it will make managing all miners from one computer very easy. It will work with miners on any OS but for miners running CGWatcher there are many more features. Along with being able to switch all (or selected) miners to a different coin, there will be scheduling options similarly to scheduling options in CGWatcher but they can apply to several or all miners. Right now you can already create, edit, and delete CGWatcher's profiles for each miner; create, edit, and delete files on remote miners; navigate the remote computer's filesystem; start, stop, restarting mining; and a few more things. CGRemote can monitor miners on the same computer, local network, or over the Internet.

You can follow development and information on beta access at http://www.minerremote.com

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: