Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:56:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Venezuela Launches Oil-Backed Cryptocurrency Petrocoin to Save Economic Crises  (Read 113 times)
Jeffery Musk (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:52:35 AM

Petrocoin, Venezuela’s new oil-backed digital currency could be the only hope to pull the country out of economic crisis. According to estimate, 1 Petro coin is worth $60 with about 100 million tokens to be issued.
Know More: https://coinpedia.org/news/venezuela-oil-backed-cryptocurrency-petrocoin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:02:00 AM

Petro is simply a bond for Venezuelan government. They made centralized cryptocurrency without intentions for further technical development, and the "oil-backing" is just a phrase. They can convert Petro in any rate to bolivar (local currency) at any time.

No value added and no good news for starving Venezuelan citizens.
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:07:04 AM

So it is more like a centralized digital currency And yes I agree with my opinion above. "Backed-Oil" Maybe just a figurative word, Idk is just my opinion I'll wait for further news.
thinhthai

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:08:46 AM

We can't make too early conclusion. Just wait what they do, the world keeps the eyes on them
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:09:34 AM

Please see my response to another thread about this coin. You are being complicit in innocent deaths if you invest in it.

No. Do NOT invest in this.

Firstly, if you are American, you are breaching government sanctions against Venezuela if you invest (see https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/921931/petro-us-treasury-sanctions-cryptocurrency-bitcoin-ethereum-violation-venezuela). Any assests you have or gains you make will be seized,  and you could face jail time.

Secondly, it is morally reprehensible. You will literally be handing your money to a murderous dictatorship that is starving and killing the Venezuelan people.

Thirdly, their oil sector is non existent. It is a shitcoin.
maxxdxx

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:09:23 PM

I read it's an Ethereum-based ERC20 token. This is great for crypto and BTC in particular, because in the end, the Petro will have to trade against BTC to finds its true value, which should wake up a lot of people to what were trying to do here.
baron5982

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:14:58 PM

Please see my response to another thread about this coin. You are being complicit in innocent deaths if you invest in it.

No. Do NOT invest in this.

Firstly, if you are American, you are breaching government sanctions against Venezuela if you invest (see https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/921931/petro-us-treasury-sanctions-cryptocurrency-bitcoin-ethereum-violation-venezuela). Any assests you have or gains you make will be seized,  and you could face jail time.

Secondly, it is morally reprehensible. You will literally be handing your money to a murderous dictatorship that is starving and killing the Venezuelan people.

Thirdly, their oil sector is non existent. It is a shitcoin.
Fully agree!
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:17:17 PM

Are sanctions helping to cause the starvation and death the Venezuelan people?

Imposed sanctions never have a negative impact on those at the top of the tree, just the everyday people that cant get food or essential medical care products.
pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:21:09 PM

Morelikely going to be another XRP,the world oil backup is just a clickbait to gain popularity and get a lot of investors to join in.The PTR coins wont be using blockchain instead they will use the government's exchanges,so this would be another centralized coin in the market.I dont want any fake decentralized currency to be added again,XRP is enough deception to the cryptocurrencies.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: