Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:50:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I fucked up and turned ~600 BTC into 200 BTC  (Read 795 times)
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:37:23 PM

It is a nightmare story for any altcoin trader but this is reality. Risks are huge even with well diversification

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:42:42 PM

IF this is a real copy paste, well good luck man,
If this is real and you did that way, you will never loose much as long as you hold that token and wait for the pump!
every lost is a sell on low, but if you will stay on your holdings then you just need to wait for the right time so no worries.
Expect for a sure ban once this is just really a copy paste situation posted by OP which im really familiar with this situation that i have read in the past not so sure or its just me.Thats one hell of a bankroll considering you are investing 600 btc into alts.Its not bad to diversify but its way too much to consider and if you did able to resist the temptation of your greed then you might be happy on what you do see on bitcoins price as of today.
sycaburatan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:50:26 PM

Im sorry for your loss,thats huge amount of investment though it is done you will still have chance to recover from the losses you have,all you need to do from now on is to do your part,researching will save your ass because investing to these solid coins wont fail your expectations.You just need to pick the right coin at the perfect time,technical and fundamental analysis will come in handy.

realsmans

Activity: 196

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:52:12 PM

It happens, just don't do anything with yourself) Also in USD you are in plus. Just realize that for trading you need skills, not only clicks on buying and selling, even for stop-losses you need skills in technical analyse. And before buying some alt, use fundamental analyse - why coin should grow? - then if you find out the reason, you can buy. Just learn on your mistakes and don't make them again.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:55:59 PM

Do not worry mate in terms of usd you are ok, if you hold the good ones, your 600 btc can still be converted to1200 btc, just have faith and hold the good ones, once market start getting big influx of new funds and adoption, you will see your portfolio starting to get positive.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Fileiro

Activity: 134

quarkchain.io

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:05:47 PM

So you bought a broad basket of currencies which will emulate the return profile of the entire crypto-currency market.

Last year that market returned 6900%.

600 bitcoins * 69 = 41400 bitcoins.

Still worried about HODLing? Smiley
xkatarinax

Activity: 242
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:14:11 PM

Need to be careful to play with trading and investing. But anyway you still have money for life and big experience and this is more important then bitcoin amount

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:57:26 AM

ok i saw this post earlier. a brand new guy copy paste a thread just to get faster rank up?

no man not with us.
Lol. Why would you guy just imagine he copied and pasted the post just to get a good rank. Even if he ended up copying, this can be a very good reference to anyone who ends up in a shoe like this, but what you have said will obviously not help. Shit happens every day and we all make mistakes. I will just advise the OP to hold them and monitor their values. They will recover definitely and you can buy back into btc when that time comes, but in the process of waiting, just keep learning and practicing with small to build your experience just as haroldtee has mentioned.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:22:48 AM

Here is the original link from Aug 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6tfxq4/how_i_fucked_up_and_turned_600_btc_into_200_btc/

Could be the same guy just repeating his post on this forum, who knows.

Still tells a good story, focus on BTC value over dollar value always, I'm constantly telling people this and they always shrug it off
eekkaa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:30:06 AM

have you sold all of them? if yes it is your biggest mistake you should wait for the price to go back up and when the price goes up it is definitely bitcoin price also go up and bitcoin you have also go up, and surely you have to have patience very high if not then surely you will get loss .
Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:53:45 AM

have you sold all of them? if yes it is your biggest mistake you should wait for the price to go back up and when the price goes up it is definitely bitcoin price also go up and bitcoin you have also go up, and surely you have to have patience very high if not then surely you will get loss .
Not sold, but convert in different altcoins when the price of btc and altcoins were very high, so after the January and February corrections the price fell more than 150%

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED
Eros1on

Activity: 258

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:57:07 AM

Don't think about it that way, but you have a lot of assets, even though your BTC is getting smaller, your investment is investment, and I personally feel that the amount of money is going to go up, and I don't need to worry too much about it.

JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 05:59:34 AM

Never buy during the hype and pump period. Gotta be patient and wait for the dips; monitoring the market on specific coins you had already research for quite sometime, and personally believe in its long-term potential for growth, for an opportune time to enter.

Also there is no need to worry, since altcoins tend to fluctuate more, hence have a higher %drop but also have the potential for a much higher %gain compared to BTC.

BTC also tends to have a much higher MCAP ATM compared to the other coins because BTC is the "standard-currency" that bridges Fiat with the crypto markets, and that most coins are still only paired with BTC -- much like how the USD is the standard fiat currency (ATM).
However there are signs that this may already be changing, and other more technologically advanced altcoins are starting to compete with BTC in its current place as a "standard cryptocurrency".

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:28:26 AM

many people think that your topic is the result of copy paste from others, but I am interested to argue with this, my suggestion to anyone who experience the same as written above, many people think that your topic is the result of copy paste from others, but I am interested to argue with this, my suggestion to anyone who experience the same as written above, you should HOLD your coins to the original price, because now crypto market indeed it is recovering and it still takes time to rise to the origin price

preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:36:11 AM

many people think that your topic is the result of copy paste from others, but I am interested to argue with this, my suggestion to anyone who experience the same as written above, many people think that your topic is the result of copy paste from others, but I am interested to argue with this, my suggestion to anyone who experience the same as written above, you should HOLD your coins to the original price, because now crypto market indeed it is recovering and it still takes time to rise to the origin price

If you actually read the thread you'll see a link to a reddit post from august 2017 which is a mirror copy of this one, word for word
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:44:30 PM

I know how it feels when you lose a lot of money,but look at the bright side im sure you are going to research a lot before investing to any of these coins because of this bad experience you will be more vigillant,those coins you have invested are surely most are shitcoins,you need to do extra effort of choosing these coins so your money wont be wasted in the future,your experience would be the best teacher,move on and dont do the same mistake in the future.

weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:50:52 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6tfxq4/how_i_fucked_up_and_turned_600_btc_into_200_btc/ .
This is where he copied the post from , just close this topic and be done with guys like this.

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:11:09 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6tfxq4/how_i_fucked_up_and_turned_600_btc_into_200_btc/ .
This is where he copied the post from , just close this topic and be done with guys like this.
Damn, even if the OP copy pasted it means that what we read happened to real person, this is just terrible, I would have preferred that all of this was a lie and the OP made all this up, let this be a lesson for all of us, do not trade if you do not know what you are doing, do not trade all your bitcoin and more importantly learn to hold, it has never been easier to make a fortune by investing in the right coin and hold.
cryptodagger

Activity: 224

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:17:37 PM

That is really a bad experience,but your experience would teach you how to be strong,and a better person.Trading altcoins is a serious thing and it needs alot of time in research so your investment wont be wasted with these shit projects.I personally spent most of the time reading whitepaper and find those people behind each coin's team so i would understand and calculate if that coin will achieve success or failure.

Everict

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:20:24 PM

Yea man, that was really dumb, but don't give up since you still have savings to gain profit but it will take some time.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: