Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:26:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Hosting] Would you be interested?  (Read 1994 times)
Jake (OP)
Donator

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Happy New Year!

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:09:14 AM

I was wondering if the community would be interested in a web hosting company that accepts Bitcoin.

We will most likely be offering very high bandwidth, or even unmetered products for a very cheap price. 24/7 live help, and great customer support.

We would have VPS's, Dedicated Servers, etc.

Would the community be interested?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:36:33 AM

I'm sure there are tons of people on here who would be interested.  I may be one of them depending on the pricing.
CaptainDDL

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:22:58 AM

Is your hosting company already established? IE are you just going to add bitcoin as a payment option to existing plans, or is this going to be a company formed solely to serve the bitcoin community?
Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:24:27 AM

Is your hosting company already established? IE are you just going to add bitcoin as a payment option to existing plans, or is this going to be a company formed solely to serve the bitcoin community?

It will be just made for the Bitcoin community, we will have very affordable prices (as we aren't a reseller, and will be able to make our own prices). Our only payment plan will be Bitcoin.

CaptainDDL

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:35:55 AM

Where is the datacenter(s) you plan to use located at? In the United States, Germany, etc?

And I guess the main question is, what would your hosting company bring to the table, why choose you?

There are a bazillion webhosts out there. You'll have some people come over just because you accept bitcoin, but for most businesses method of payment is not an issue. Are you going to have servers in countries that don't really care what's hosted? Super reliable servers that could survive a nuclear blast? Have bikini-clad ladies waiting at our beck and call?  Grin
Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:42:47 AM

Where is the datacenter(s) you plan to use located at? In the United States, Germany, etc?

And I guess the main question is, what would your hosting company bring to the table, why choose you?

There are a bazillion webhosts out there. You'll have some people come over just because you accept bitcoin, but for most businesses method of payment is not an issue. Are you going to have servers in countries that don't really care what's hosted? Super reliable servers that could survive a nuclear blast? Have bikini-clad ladies waiting at our beck and call?  Grin

We will be using Canada, Malaysia, Germany, and the Netherlands for hosting. Your aloud to choose the country you want to host with, before you purchase  Smiley

It's hard to be unique and different among others, the only things I can really say, that makes us stand out. Is our freedom of choice (how you have 4 great places to choose from), and I can guarantee that our support will be phenomenal. We won't be some shady company that is going to disappear after 2 weeks. You'll be able to contact us by phone, mail, email, live chat. Backups will be made every 2 hours, we have servers with a ton of space on them, just for backups. Caring out customers come first. 

Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:44:50 AM

Sorry, we will also have servers in Sweden as well.

Wink

trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:12:36 AM

My questions in order of importance:

What kind of connectivity/peering?
What VPS platform?
What OS template VMs suppported?
When?
How much?
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:22:28 AM

We will be using Canada....

...Backups will be made every 2 hours. 

2 Points of concern to look into further before you advertise them.

First off; I am Canadian and know for a fact that Canadian Bandwidth is EXPENSIVE. My servers currently reside in Planet#6 in Dallas, TX and have been that way for nearly a decade. Unmetered products in Canada are nearly NON-EXISTANT.

Second; Promising Backups every 2 hours may cause LOAD problems. It sounds great and looks good on paper, but it's something you have to evaluate on a PER-basis me thinks Wink

Not trying to be negative, just trying to help.
Allan

Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:24:19 AM

My questions in order of importance:

What kind of connectivity/peering?
What VPS platform?
What OS template VMs suppported?
When?
How much?

1. I'm not familiar with what your asking? - Unless you mean our connection speeds?
2. We use Windows Virtual Server, and Virtuozza
3. Linux and Windows
4. We plan to get everything setup in about 4-5 days
5. Depends what plan, but cheaper then most companies.

Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:26:42 AM

We will be using Canada....

...Backups will be made every 2 hours. 

2 Points of concern to look into further before you advertise them.

First off; I am Canadian and know for a fact that Canadian Bandwidth is EXPENSIVE. My servers currently reside in Planet#6 in Dallas, TX and have been that way for nearly a decade. Unmetered products in Canada are nearly NON-EXISTANT.

Second; Promising Backups every 2 hours may cause LOAD problems. It sounds great and looks good on paper, but it's something you have to evaluate on a PER-basis me thinks Wink

Not trying to be negative, just trying to help.
Allan

Understood about the Canadian bandwidth, it can be very costly (I live in Canada myself). I currently have a deal with a buddy who owns a datacenter here, it won't be unmetered for Canadian products. Our unmetered products will be leaning towards the off shore side more.

I didn't think of that, would you recommend every 12 hours?

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:33:11 AM

Understood about the Canadian bandwidth, it can be very costly (I live in Canada myself). I currently have a deal with a buddy who owns a datacenter here, it won't be unmetered for Canadian products. Our unmetered products will be leaning towards the off shore side more.

Like I said about Backups...on an individual or per-basis.

Offering local time-zone specification (they say where they are from) to a client during signup is important, as you will know where to put him (with geographically-like users) so that you know exactly what the WEEKEND is and when NIGHT TIME is in order to do maintenance and backups.

Once every 12hours is more than enough, as even the higher end companies only offer once every 24hrs, so that can definately be a selling feature for you.

You also have to remember to sell the benefits of each location...and price accordingly.
ie. Canada = not prone to natural disaster/communism/Patriot Act/Big Brother....lol.
New Orleans server = most likely under water at times etc...get it ?

Being the cheapest is not always the best, but still offer value for whatever you charge.

Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 05:07:42 AM

Like I said about Backups...on an individual or per-basis.

Offering local time-zone specification (they say where they are from) to a client during signup is important, as you will know where to put him (with geographically-like users) so that you know exactly what the WEEKEND is and when NIGHT TIME is in order to do maintenance and backups.

Once every 12hours is more than enough, as even the higher end companies only offer once every 24hrs, so that can definately be a selling feature for you.

You also have to remember to sell the benefits of each location...and price accordingly.
ie. Canada = not prone to natural disaster/communism/Patriot Act/Big Brother....lol.
New Orleans server = most likely under water at times etc...get it ?

Being the cheapest is not always the best, but still offer value for whatever you charge.

Yeah, I was thinking of offering the ability to do the backups yourself, with a click of a button. It will be limited to a waits of 24 hours each time (you can choose manual, or automatic backups every 12 hours).

Good point about the benefit of each location, I will definitely add that to the website.

ZeRo103

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Hack The Planet

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 06:23:09 AM

prices ? Wink

No man is wise enough, nor good enough to be trusted with unlimited power
Digitalcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209508.0
DGC Marketplace: dgcmarket.com
Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 06:27:54 AM

prices ? Wink

We are still adding prices, if you want a custom quote. PM me.

Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 08:57:05 AM

That was all resolved. I'm not 13 years old either, so that one is false. Please don't post personal information Smiley

Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 09:01:56 AM

That is correct, click the links. The owner has gladly removed them, I can show email proof if you would like? I'm 18 by the way.

Xephan

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 09:15:43 AM

Some how, the fact his own email is censored but not the other party's... just sticks out like a sore thumb.

Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 09:17:20 AM

I can un-censor my own email. It's my personal one, I choose to do this for privacy.

Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 09:17:59 AM

i contacted him in pm, was buying server from him, so his name on google is associated with scammer. So was wondering.

Feel free to contact the owner of the site. Please answer my PM, my lawyer would like to speak to you immediately.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: