Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:57:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another eBay/PayPal scam - Adam Mcloughlin - mcloughlin.adam@gmail.com - DOX  (Read 17578 times)
Quixotic (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:28:44 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2013, 07:28:04 PM by Quixotic

Behold Adam Mcloughlin!

http://s10.postimg.org/c1f1f1y9x/531598_4032106914209_1404277481_n.jpg

A friend of mine was scammed on eBay recently for £240 following the classic chargeback fraud. Disturbingly, they moved the BTC to an account (1LRRMtR4eaCGWTJToGxHsUki1aHCiqUMft) that has around £15k worth of BTC - they may well have scammed people for that amount! Most scammers try to hide their identity but apparently not in this case. All information presented here is publicly available and sourced from numerous directories and account profiles.

By posting their details below I hope to make people aware that Adam is a scammer and prevent further scams:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Adam Mcloughlin.

Family: Shannon Mcloughlin (Sister), John Mcloughlin (Father), Natalie Mcloughlin (Mother)

School: Archbishop Grimshaw RC School

Ebay account: mcloughlinadam11

Address:

131 Ermington Crescent
Hodge Hill
Birmingham, West Midlands
B36 8AS

Place of work:

Field Service Technician
Unit 11/12 Moons Park, Burnt Meadow Road, North Moons Moat
Ricoh UK
01527 584 754

Landline: 01215374870

Email: mcloughlin.adam@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mcloughlin.adam

Twitter: https://twitter.com/mclouadam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://s23.postimg.org/knwyk12gn/58820_10200615468482311_1651441354_n.jpg

http://s24.postimg.org/owr5vy95t/425653_4750727159266_637233065_n.jpg

http://s14.postimg.org/fdseumlt9/537751_4794992665876_1657829025_n.jpg

http://s22.postimg.org/bz8he1urx/644578_10200386057427178_1626586239_n.jpg

http://s24.postimg.org/eocxeq675/886354_10200380960779765_994042272_o.jpg

http://s13.postimg.org/j7e59c7k3/al1.jpg

http://s13.postimg.org/qpxahyywz/al2.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:14:48 AM

ebay/paypal and bitcoin always a bad combo
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 01:16:50 AM

You can send messages to his "followers" on Facebook and point them to this thread.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:09:59 AM

Looks like a heavier, less attractive version of George Costanza.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Quixotic (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:25:36 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 05:28:18 PM by Quixotic

You can send messages to his "followers" on Facebook and point them to this thread.

I might just do that - but his friends seem to be 90% family members.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 04:44:25 PM

I might just do that - but his friends seem to be 90% family members. Who knew scammers were so incestuous?

That's even better - what he did is more shameful to family members than friends anyway.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Quixotic (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:33:32 PM

Alright I'll ask my friend to take a few screenshots proving that it was a scam and then fire off some FB messages. Hey - guy's got nothing to hide, right?
chondrite

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 12:03:02 PM

paypal accounts couldn't get hacked could they?  Just throwing it out there that you could be posting a hacking victims personal info.
Quixotic (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:27:35 PM

paypal accounts couldn't get hacked could they?  Just throwing it out there that you could be posting a hacking victims personal info.

Good question.

My friend deleted their PayPal in disgust after they were scammed but they were able to send me screenshots of the scammer sending them an eBay message and reversing the payment after receiving the bitcoins. There are several things here that guarantee Adam is a scammer and not someone who had their PayPal and eBay hacked:

1. PayPal chargeback scams are extremely common and the scumbag's weapon of choice when it comes to scamming.

2. In light of the above, PayPal chargeback scams for Bitcoins are notorious - a google search will reveal just how bad this situation is.

3. If Adam was the victim of a hacker - why did he reverse the transaction minutes after receiving the Bitcoins? Why did they not contact the seller?

4. I've looked into Adam's details and I can see he works in IT at Ricoh in Birmingham. Evidently Adam does therefore know a few things about computers - ergo he is aware of the value of Bitcoin and how to scam people through the internet.

Tonight I will send a message to every single one of Adam's friends linking to this thread so that he is exposed as the cowardly scammer that he is. For the record - I am not the individual scammed and my hatred for scammers stems from a broken promise involving a Saudi bank account and a princess from Lagos who declared her undying love for me. The purpose of revealing this information is to ensure that Adam cannot exploit anyone else in the future. The person scammed is currently in the process of filing to take Adam to the small court and sue for fraud.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 07:30:26 PM

Definitely a drug addict. This guy is ugly, also. He looks like the type who wouldn't survive going to court though, so sue the fuck out of him and get the BTC back.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:32:04 PM

Poor guy if he got hacked, if he really did scam what a scum bag.
Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:55:10 PM

Definitely a drug addict. This guy is ugly, also. He looks like the type who wouldn't survive going to court though, so sue the fuck out of him and get the BTC back.

LoL, fuckin DC...wait wait I can't help it

/.BeginTROLL

Omfg are you checking out guys DC?!?! You Homosex

/.EndTROLL

Somebody was going to inject that.  Figured I'd neutral out the play field Tongue
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 08:04:51 PM

Omfg are you checking out guys DC?!?!

This guy is ugly, also.

Sorry, I'm not into ugly motherfuckers. Don't get your hopes up, Darktongue, it's bad enough that you want a 13 year old.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 08:17:56 PM

Did you miss where I saI'd I was fucking with you?

You shouldn't try fucking with a 13 year old, you might get nicked by the coppers for pedophilia, Darktongue.

You shouldn't have started this... ;) Loljk I'll stop completely owning you now.

chondrite

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:23:45 AM

Good question.

My friend deleted their PayPal in disgust after they were scammed but they were able to send me screenshots of the scammer sending them an eBay message and reversing the payment after receiving the bitcoins. There are several things here that guarantee Adam is a scammer and not someone who had their PayPal and eBay hacked:

1. PayPal chargeback scams are extremely common and the scumbag's weapon of choice when it comes to scamming.

2. In light of the above, PayPal chargeback scams for Bitcoins are notorious - a google search will reveal just how bad this situation is.

3. If Adam was the victim of a hacker - why did he reverse the transaction minutes after receiving the Bitcoins? Why did they not contact the seller?

4. I've looked into Adam's details and I can see he works in IT at Ricoh in Birmingham. Evidently Adam does therefore know a few things about computers - ergo he is aware of the value of Bitcoin and how to scam people through the internet.

Tonight I will send a message to every single one of Adam's friends linking to this thread so that he is exposed as the cowardly scammer that he is. For the record - I am not the individual scammed and my hatred for scammers stems from a broken promise involving a Saudi bank account and a princess from Lagos who declared her undying love for me. The purpose of revealing this information is to ensure that Adam cannot exploit anyone else in the future. The person scammed is currently in the process of filing to take Adam to the small court and sue for fraud.

You're on a witch-hunt with nothing but speculative information.  None of your points are definitive evidence that this was the individual who scammed your friend.  Your first two points have no initial relation to the individual Adam, their just points about paypal scams.  The third point is easily explained if the user has email notices of paypal payments, seeing a payment go out would make me initiate a dispute quickly.  The third point is pure assumptions.

Stop while you're ahead.  You should get definitive proof that this guy was the scammer before you go and try to ruin his reputation.  You dont have that, I think its sick that the mods let this post stand.
chondrite

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:24:51 AM

In the interest of the scammed party's legal proclivities I have reneged on any activity that could be founded on speculative legality. I have sent Adam's father a message with a link to this page. Hopefully they can speak to Adam and mitigate the incoming criminal record. Otherwise, the scammed party is taking them to court. Let's see if the magistrate is as stupid as PayPal.

Yours dearest,

Me

Poor guy if he got hacked, if he really did scam what a scum bag.

This is something that I did discuss at length with my friend. There's simply too much evidence showing that this is a scam - evidence I have made clear earlier.

Evidence is based on proven facts.  You did not witness the individual committing any crimes, you can't say you have clear evidence. 
Darktongue

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:44:12 AM

Again why in the end I say simply. . Be safe.  This could easily backfire.  Though I do understand the reasons behind posting dox. You must realize you are not the law... If you have solid proof then be ballzy and post dox. Otherwise you might be borrowing trouble.  Case in example. .. the poor bastard everyone called and made threats to during the pirate40 drama. 
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:14:54 PM

Again why in the end I say simply. . Be safe.  This could easily backfire.  Though I do understand the reasons behind posting dox. You must realize you are not the law... If you have solid proof then be ballzy and post dox. Otherwise you might be borrowing trouble.  Case in example. .. the poor bastard everyone called and made threats to during the pirate40 drama. 

LOL you really think he's going to get in trouble for posting dox? Nobody is going to jack shit about it, bet on that. That's like telling somebody "Be careful about scamming .01 BTC, because you could get into a lot of trouble! ROFL... wait, nevermind I just realized your post was meant to be a joke. Sorry, I'm slow this morning.. still waking up. ugh.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Darktongue

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:12:57 PM

Wink tomato. ... if it wasn't for your revolution on here with these cockheads I would probably not be makeing btc at all via trades. I just wish someone would say "Hey,  your privacy in general is not a right in this world.  It's earned via ethics,  morals and just being a fucking human being" looters beware
Quixotic (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:00:46 AM

Good question.

You're on a witch-hunt with nothing but speculative information.  None of your points are definitive evidence that this was the individual who scammed your friend.  Your first two points have no initial relation to the individual Adam, their just points about paypal scams.  The third point is easily explained if the user has email notices of paypal payments, seeing a payment go out would make me initiate a dispute quickly.  The third point is pure assumptions.

Stop while you're ahead.  You should get definitive proof that this guy was the scammer before you go and try to ruin his reputation.  You dont have that, I think its sick that the mods let this post stand.

The first two points do indeed relate to the individual Adam since what relates to Adam is the textbook execution of the ubiquitous Bitcoin PayPal scam. What pertains to Adam's character is quite irrelevant. It would be asinine to suggest that the fact that Adam's actions followed the Bitcoin scam blueprint to the letter is an irrelevant piece of information. Your logic would appear absurd when applied to other criminal proceedings.

The third point contained no assumptions so your refutation is simply wrong and circumvents the real point of providing an adequate explanation for details that are otherwise inexplicable.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: