Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:17:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nanotokens: Help Needed  (Read 838 times)
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:16:42 AM

I need help with changing vAlertpubkey and pchMessageStart sequence without invalidating the merkle hash and genesis block, which results in the formidable assertion failed error.

i didn't know what i was doing when i started, so i trusted muddafudda to compile it, and he flat out fucked me over royally. seriously look at his github, he didn't even remove the syntax errors in main.cpp, thus the reason the block rewards didnt' work... but i digress.

if anyone has any ideas about accomplishing this task be my guest. this is an area i'm unfamiliar with.

to sum up the problem:

• client syncs to litecoin because of identical network id(thanks muddafudda)
  • client displays litecoin updrage messages

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n01d3x

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:25:23 AM

Didn't someone fix CopperBars for iGotSpots? It had the same litecoin upgrade message.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:41:09 AM

Didn't someone fix CopperBars for iGotSpots? It had the same litecoin upgrade message.

this is much deeper than that. Nanotokens has the same Network ID like GLD had. no one seems to care though that muddafudda fucked me over. i can follow instructions  or take pointers, you do not have to do any programming, i can do it all myself. i just don't know where to start. i've tried everything i can think of and it either results in

Code:
assertion failed!

or
Code:
out of sync

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:43:29 AM

have you had a chat with shake or ahmed yet ? as I believe they know how to solve the problem Smiley

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:00:16 AM

have you had a chat with shake or ahmed yet ? as I believe they know how to solve the problem Smiley
shake does the windows builds for me. the problem seems to be that the clients will sync on linux but windows throws Assertion Failed! uint.... we're all using my github https://github.com/r3wt/nanotoken.git so it can't be differences in the code. i've even tried what alphacoin did by distributing the blockchain with the windows client and adding --reindex to the desktop shortcut on install. still doesn't work

n01d3x

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:01:03 AM

Have you offered a bounty? That might help motivate someone to help you. It seems you have a lot riding on nano tokens getting fixed.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:07:45 AM

Have you offered a bounty? That might help motivate someone to help you. It seems you have a lot riding on nano tokens getting fixed.

no. i don't have any money. what i'm asking doesn't require any work. maybe 5 minutes spent typing an answer on the keyboard. lets be clear here,  i do have alot riding here, but i won't let that dictate whether i offer a bounty. i'm already fixing it out of pocket anyway, which is a thankless job. i don't have much i could offer anyway. got about .01 btc, 11,000 pennies, 400 OSC and 4 litecoins, so i'm not exactly rolling in the dough.

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:14:34 AM

shake does the windows builds for me. the problem seems to be that the clients will sync on linux but windows throws Assertion Failed! uint.... we're all using my github https://github.com/r3wt/nanotoken.git so it can't be differences in the code. i've even tried what alphacoin did by distributing the blockchain with the windows client and adding --reindex to the desktop shortcut on install. still doesn't work

Try restarting from scratch.  Not to be offensive or anything, but isn't it just a copy and paste clone?  Try forking from another coin and then finding and replacing everything you need.
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:15:41 AM

no. i don't have any money. what i'm asking doesn't require any work. maybe 5 minutes spent typing an answer on the keyboard. lets be clear here,  i do have alot riding here, but i won't let that dictate whether i offer a bounty. i'm already fixing it out of pocket anyway, which is a thankless job. i don't have much i could offer anyway. got about .01 btc, 11,000 pennies, 400 OSC and 4 litecoins, so i'm not exactly rolling in the dough.

Didn't you have almost 1.2 BTC from your NAN premine?
It's pretty profitable, I say!
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:22:50 AM

Try restarting from scratch.  Not to be offensive or anything, but isn't it just a copy and paste clone?  Try forking from another coin and then finding and replacing everything you need.

already have, that was my first move. next suggestion please

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:25:08 AM

ummmm.... no commment  Grin i'm earning my money by continuing to support this coin. i believed i was paying muddafudda to deliver a professional coin, he told me it would be the best. i was clearly being misled. live and learn i guess.

smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:29:44 AM

ummmm.... no commment  Grin i'm earning my money by continuing to support this coin. i believed i was paying muddafudda to deliver a professional coin, he told me it would be the best. i was clearly being misled. live and learn i guess.

lost it on just-dice?  Cheesy
how's osc coming along btw?
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:50:42 AM

lost it on just-dice?  Cheesy
how's osc coming along btw?

OSC is stable and doing fine. time to fix NAN now.

n01d3x

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:39:00 AM

Just throwing this out there. r3wt you are actually one of the most active devs I've seen here. You seemed to have learned a lot through the coins you have made. Each One has been significantly better than the previous. Osc actually looks and functions pretty nicely. If you wouldn't always come off as being shady and seem to always be trying to get one over on people I think your projects would do much better. Not that it matters, just my opinion.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:51:38 AM

Just throwing this out there. r3wt you are actually one of the most active devs I've seen here. You seemed to have learned a lot through the coins you have made. Each One has been significantly better than the previous. Osc actually looks and functions pretty nicely. If you wouldn't always come off as being shady and seem to always be trying to get one over on people I think your projects would do much better. Not that it matters, just my opinion.

your opinion does matter. i think that the most active dev is probably Gavin Anderson and i would say that Kimoto is very active as well(pretty smart too).

When it comes to the perception of me as being "shady" t's a very simple concept that perception equals reality. I've done dirt, don't get me wrong, but i think that perception is often skewed and in most cases around here rooted in fallacy and hearsay. people like to hire us for dirt cheap to make their scam coins and boss us around all day long, like we aren't earning our keep. the sheer time i spent on gascoin and the time constraints that were placed upon me to get it done by x date, led me to dropping that premine in there. i never agreed with the concepts of the coin nor the technical specifications that were more or less demanded, so my only possible other motivation was monetary gain. sure i did wrong, but there is two sides to every story and two sides to every persons face, whether it be on a forum or in real life. I admit to what i've done because i simply do not care that it be known.

Often times when i've took advantage of people ie attempted to scam them, it was because i didn't like there attitude or how they conducted themselves in the forum. i'm a man who believes in respecting others whether they be dumb as a box of rocks or sharp as tack. as long as i am shown respect by others i will respect them, no matter whether i agree or disagree with their opinions, religion, moral leanings, sexual orientation, political allegiances, the coins they support, the coins they have made, the music they listen to, etc.

n01d3x

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:28:01 AM

The first part of your response I must admit I never really thought about, but yea I can see that happening. Someone hires you to make a coin with presets in mind, you tell them it will never work. They say do it anyway, then they get pissed when it doesn't work. I can definitely understand your point there.
muddafudda
Legendary

Merit: 1022

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:25:10 AM

Cool story bro. When I think this deserves the truth I will post it until then continue on.....
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:33:18 AM

thanks to stouse49, i have work to do tomorrow

Cool story bro. When I think this deserves the truth I will post it until then continue on.....

what you still haven't made enough revisions to yet to paint yourself as a saint?

muddafudda
Legendary

Merit: 1022

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:44:22 AM

Ba ha ha ha
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: