Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:20:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STOP! TO ALL FELLOW NEWBIES AND JR. MEMBERS  (Read 965 times)
Regana

Activity: 18
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:02:09 PM
Merited by HodorHodl (2), creepyjas (1)

He has all the right in the world to feel annoyed by the everlasting waves of new users asking & begging for merits everywhere. And whether you like it or not if he made this post to earn merits by himself there is nothing wrong with that as what he is writing is a fact.

Furthermore 'Merit' since it's implementation has been the hottest topic in the forum. Out of the 35 posts I can see in my first page of the 'Meta' subforum 17 include or make reference to 'Merit'.

That is a 48.57% of the most recent Meta discussion in the forum, my suggestion for every single one who wants merit is to go ahead and check what other users are looking for in terms of 'Meritable' quality and also what are people expectations with the system.

Last but not least, new (and not so new) users need to understand that a rank with mere activity means actually NOTHING and spamming is COUNTERPRODUCING for what they want to achieve, you need to be a contributor or at least a funny with keen for detail user who can throw some decent jokes and make others laugh.

In a few words just provide something useful to the forum if you want merit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joeri124

Activity: 5
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:58:27 PM
Merited by timotron (1)

We can ask to give us some credit if people like what we've done right? or we just do our best, sit and wait for the best? i find it hard to get merit but i do my very best.
Alex Storm

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:34:43 AM

That new merit system is too annoying, isn't it? I really don't see how that's possible to earn enough of merit to become a full member...
Woterry (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:32:10 PM

He has all the right in the world to feel annoyed by the everlasting waves of new users asking & begging for merits everywhere. And whether you like it or not if he made this post to earn merits by himself there is nothing wrong with that as what he is writing is a fact.

Furthermore 'Merit' since it's implementation has been the hottest topic in the forum. Out of the 35 posts I can see in my first page of the 'Meta' subforum 17 include or make reference to 'Merit'.

That is a 48.57% of the most recent Meta discussion in the forum, my suggestion for every single one who wants merit is to go ahead and check what other users are looking for in terms of 'Meritable' quality and also what are people expectations with the system.

Last but not least, new (and not so new) users need to understand that a rank with mere activity means actually NOTHING and spamming is COUNTERPRODUCING for what they want to achieve, you need to be a contributor or at least a funny with keen for detail user who can throw some decent jokes and make others laugh.

In a few words just provide something useful to the forum if you want merit.

Well said dear sir. I’d give you merits if I had SMerits. No wonder you got that much merit with a little time, your posts are all probably on point. Good luck to you sir!

Johannson

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:15:29 PM

STOP!! PLEASE STOP!!

STOP BEGGING FOR MERITS.

I’ve seen a lot of posts here from low rankers who were asking for merits. Such a shame guys!

Merits are like “RESPECTS”. Show people respect, show community some respect and most importantly, show admins and the rules here in bitcointalk some RESPECT.

If you can’t give them some of that, you won’t earn some bud.

Get merits or rather EARN merits like everyone else.

It’s just a matter of giving respect to the community.

I would just add, that this forum is for sharing valuable information and helping each other, and not begging for merits from the other members.
I did not really know what those merits are and why they matter, and since they don't impact on my ability to share and receiving information from other members, I won't be bothered about the ongoing discussions about merits. To me, it does not matter whether I am a junior member or a legendary one, what matters is searching and finding the information I am looking for and helping others within the scope of my knowledge and experience  Smiley
Let's  just enjoy this community the way it should be  Wink
Chuokie

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:15:16 AM

Well, at first, I planned to get merit by begging but it never works out for others so I stop my plan. I'm just waiting for Mr. thymos if he could alter some point factor in the rules of merit.
linyhan

Activity: 684
Merit: 250

Early Funders Registration: monartis.com

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:14:12 PM

If they want merits they should work hard on this forum to earn it, and not begging for it which is not allowed. This forum is not abount ranking up or whatsoever, this forum is made to share crpyto ideas and projects that will contribute to the world.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   A New Crypto-Payment Platform   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█      Telegram  ]      [   Medium   ]      [   ICO Page   ]      [  Facebook  ]      [ Instagram ]      █
Oulay

Activity: 133
Merit: 37

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:33:38 PM

We can ask to give us some credit if people like what we've done right? or we just do our best, sit and wait for the best? i find it hard to get merit but i do my very best.

There is something wrong with you, it's your first post in the forum and it's about merits? and you find it "hard" to earn them? You started ranting before you even try getting affected by all the users complaining about merits. Assuming this account is not an alt but a newbie who joined this forum.

Anyway, I will answer your question. Don't ever ask for merits.. Even if your post is meritorious most members won't merit it when they see you asking/begging for merits.

My list of threads giving away merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0
fairytale

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:49:55 AM

I agree, we all should earn hard for merits.

me too i agree that we should strive hard to earn our merits. through studying and learning more about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. also to keep on posting relevant topics.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: