Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:02:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 46% of last year's ICOs have failed already  (Read 3844 times)
hritevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:11:29 PM

https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed
So this thread is where my best friend read about the ICO's who are dead before the year 2018. Well, 46% is a big percentage of people who thinks that most of the ICO's will end no matter what but we cannot underestimate the remaining 54 % on going ICO's. I know that we cannot underestimate the other thing, but the good thing about it is that we can guarantee that there are ICO's that is good.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:24:51 PM

• 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed

Is this surprising to anyone? Probably not.

The fact is that ICOs just like companies, can die off quite quickly.

There will be an initial period of hype where everyone says that a project is great and all that, but after that it's really up to the actual project and what it is about. That is why you have to do your own research about a project before you invest. The amount raised in an ICO does not determine how much it is going to be worth after an ICO.

Also with the ICO markets saturated, pick your horses wisely. Otherwise, you'll be bound to lose your money.
arkaasay

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:28:32 PM

I think some of them are just amateur and scam ICO. I think it could have something to do with their team, Not all of them have a professional team, but some have it. I think there will be more ico that will fail in the future. I hope for beginner investors to be more cautious before investing in ICO.
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 11:39:33 PM

That's the risk right? Anyone putting money into an ICO has to know that they could lose it all, it would be the same as investing in the early stages of any company. But that's why we all keep trying to find the diamond in the rough and get in on a project when it is in it's infancy to make the biggest gains. Bottom line is that if you invest 1 ETH each in 10 projects, you have spent 10 ETH. 5 of those projects could fail, 3 might make between 1-20%, 1 hits a 100% mark up, and then the last one goes for 2000%. All comes down to not putting all your eggs in one basket, and a big chunk of luck.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
ksiazek7

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:42:07 PM

Truthfully a 54% success rate is pretty damn good.  Obviously more of them can fail but overall I'd say those are pretty good odds of getting into an ICO that will possibly be profitable on the short term as well as the long term.

A T O M Z  ǁ  Cryptocurrency Investing Done Easy
▔▔▔▔▔▔  ❨❨   Token Sale Starts Soon   ❩❩  ▔▔▔▔▔▔
Niveus

Activity: 280
Merit: 120

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:04:00 PM

Wow, it is rather good index. Here at the forum they like to say that 90% of all ICO are Scam. In general, it is a normal index. Like in real life few companies become successful,blockchain projects can not alwaysshow the growth. Our task is to learn how to define which ico survives and which does not. Then such news will not scare us  Wink
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:09:46 PM

Wow, it is rather good index. Here at the forum they like to say that 90% of all ICO are Scam. In general, it is a normal index. Like in real life few companies become successful,blockchain projects can not alwaysshow the growth. Our task is to learn how to define which ico survives and which does not. Then such news will not scare us  Wink

Yup I agree this 46% is normal in opinion since theres a lot of promissing ico project launched last year and most of them turn to scam in other term run your money thats a reason investing in ico are so risky think before you invest.
Im thinking that this year more and more ico project will introduce in the matket so I suggest be careful.
Buyingallcoinsz

Activity: 392
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:12:21 PM

so it's something new that most of ICOs will fail (read - burn money on lambos and hookers)?
Are there more data on these ICOs. My indicator - if ICO gathered more than 30 mil$, than price of them will increase 3x-10x in few months.

Well that is because of this volatile market
Maian

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:32:31 PM

Perhaps it seems to you because the market has fallen very much in the past 2 months, just wait for growth and then draw constructive conclusions.
Yes your right ist better to wait because i believe that ico will sucessful.
Bonus777

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:36:37 PM

If you are sure that the company is good and will develop, then just hold the coins of this company. And if you are not sure of the company or are confident that the company is a moshsheniki, then just sell the coins of this company right away. Can not all companies that go to ICO to be successful.

edir_ruvall

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:44:25 PM

Yea, that isn't good news. There is bad tendency of ICO scum appearance. We have to choose every new ICO with extreme caution to save our money. It would be great if the governments will manage it using the law.
rallyko

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:02:50 PM

This is a very sad statistics.
So I think  that it would be nice to adopt some laws to protect investors and their money.Then there would be more investors who are ready to invest their money in ICO.

J Sykes

Activity: 60
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:09:00 PM

I think 46% is allot higher than I was expecting. Most businesses fail within the first year anyway in all industries. The majority of ICO's don't even have a working product, just the vaugue promise of a business. We consider it good if they have a white paper, good team and are active on social media. These are hardly high parameters so money is being given people who in traditional venture capital as totally inadequate. Yet over half have survived the first year in business in a market that is small when compared to other sectors
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 02:09:29 PM

This is a very sad statistics.
So I think  that it would be nice to adopt some laws to protect investors and their money.Then there would be more investors who are ready to invest their money in ICO.

You invest in a project and one can not know in advance that a project does not fail.
Law can not avoid unsuccess.

I wondering how statistics can say if a project failed or not...if we only know in the future.
Once is sure my ICO has not failed and i'm sute my ICO is not in the statistics.

makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:16:27 PM

Pretty sad statistics, but still I think that this is not the right statistic, because it can not be that every second ICO was scam, so I do not think it's true. Probably a percentage of about 20%, I'll try it, but still it's a lot.
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:18:32 PM

Its not bad. Failed ICOS on funding stage refunded the money so there is no problem on that.
Scam ICOs are the biggest problem and its just a baby market for icos so no need to worry for now.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
anjohyx

Activity: 451

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:27:45 PM

I think half of 46% ICO failed because scam project, actually idea of ICO is good, but some of them try to scam investor and collect easy money, I don't think ICO will die soon, everyday also have new ICO project come out, just careful and invest in big project

Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:51:32 PM

I've joined some ICO last year. Invested and was scammed and some lost their value totally. But since I joined social media campaigns here in bitcointalk I learned to know good ICOs and scam. Alts of no use loose their value totally after ICO. I've learned to check the ICOs team members, their projects and their coin's properties.
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:18:56 AM

For someone or something to be successful, there is always failures. We should thank them because they played that  part and losing so much money so we can get here and know what to avoid next time.
ntodntodan69

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:28:34 AM

indeed not a few ICOs fail, but not all are fraudulent, fraud-driven failures are already planned, successful or not the program will leave investors without a refund, but ICOs who do not intend to commit fraud even if they fail. they will not leave investors. but will refund the funds that have been invested
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: