Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:50:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 46% of last year's ICOs have failed already  (Read 3844 times)
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:53:10 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed
Unfortunately this is the sad reality of icos, there are many projects out there and only a minority are going to become successful to be honest I do not find this unsurprising after all you are investing in very new companies that have yet to make profits, in fact this is true also for real world businesses there are many statistics that show that many businesses also disappear after the first year.
Natalim

Activity: 2926
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:02:32 AM

• 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed
Unfortunately this is the sad reality of icos, there are many projects out there and only a minority are going to become successful to be honest I do not find this unsurprising after all you are investing in very new companies that have yet to make profits, in fact this is true also for real world businesses there are many statistics that show that many businesses also disappear after the first year.
Those ICOs are surely no popular ICO, if the ICO had raised a good amount of money, I don't think founders will waste the opportunity to grow
the money they collected. Since ICO is not regulated, we cannot avoid this things of happening since more ICOs will be run and some just want to scam investors.

carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:11:08 AM

it is very bad news for the world of crypto, most likely this is due to the absence of ads from google, facebook, and twitter, so the developers also lost the promotion to attract investors

atupolev

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:13:43 PM

The main reason why most ICOs fail (in my opinion) is not because they are scams, primarily, but because their projects are merely DApps but they slap an ICO on it for exorbitant funding. DApps are strictly not business projects nor business models, but if it is being funded with huge multi millions, then there will be big room for "wastage", in ICOs' case, falling market cap, and end up causing investors to lose a lot of money.
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:14:17 PM

Those ICOs are surely no popular ICO, if the ICO had raised a good amount of money, I don't think founders will waste the opportunity to grow
the money they collected. Since ICO is not regulated, we cannot avoid this things of happening since more ICOs will be run and some just want to scam investors.
The issue is not popularity, the issue is functionality, there are many icos that have gathered a great amount of money out of investors and there was great hype around it and still they weren't able to produce a working product and eventually the ico fails, this has nothing to do with regulation this has to do simply with the ability of the developers to make their project a success.
Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:18:22 PM

The issue is not popularity, the issue is functionality, there are many icos that have gathered a great amount of money out of investors and there was great hype around it and still they weren't able to produce a working product and eventually the ico fails, this has nothing to do with regulation this has to do simply with the ability of the developers to make their project a success.
These are the things we are seeing now and we do witness on how they do failed up. Some Projects did able to pursue and built up on what they do promised and which did able to succeed but most of them where projects do promise out a specific time but in the end they had done nothing which its really normal to think off that they will be dead sooner or later. Almost launching out projects in the market recently is already redundant basing on my own view.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
realestates15

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:54:24 AM

I guess it's normal. many ICOs are just in for the money. so they fail. they don't have mvp, usp to offer.
nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:57:20 AM

I guess the reason could be attributed the bearish market which we have witness for about 2 to 3 months, it made everything to go down and made investors to hold their money from putting it into crypto space. Let's watch till the end of the year and see how it goes.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:02:19 AM

Very disappointing figures. I don't know why there is still no regulation or restriction implemented as to the absolutely free creation of new crypto projects and the conduct of crowdsales. Everything is free flowing even if the data shows that almost half are already dead and most probably a huge portion of what remains are barely breathing. With this very high figure, there must really be something wrong in here.
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 01:04:03 AM

Already came across few of them already, some doesnt generate enough volume to sustain, and simply let a new project take over and sits below 50% ICO price, investors arent gonna wait for them and will go into new projects , many successfully raise alot, but at least investor have a way to let go these failed coins, some got their dev team ran away, etc

maulana rifai

Activity: 331

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:51:55 AM

There are actually too many ICOs running currently. Most of which have almost the same or similar projects and this i think is the major reasons why most ICOs fail. Moreover, you buy tokens during ICO and the price fails drastically after it has be listed.
there is 54% success. we can take advantage of these opportunities well, choose ICO that has a clear purpose and have a smart team and look for ICO that offers real and interesting products. so you can join in ICO which has a bright future.
susutao84

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:42:47 PM

46% is a big percentage of people who thinks that most of the ICO's will end no matter what but we cannot underestimate the remaining 54 % on going ICO's.
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:45:44 PM

Yes, such statistics make us think that it is very important now to make the right decisions, just think what you can do today to protect yourself tomorrow, I think there is a solution, you just need to think and make such a service, it will be invaluable.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 07:50:45 PM

I believe 46% is too low.

topchiiy86

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:18:35 PM

I believe 46% is too low.

I also think that the number should be much bigger than 46%. Actually there're only few ICOs that really finished creating their products and their tokens have real usage. I assume that about 10% of all ICOs have real value , others will devalue in some time.
padcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:25:06 PM

hi, this is kind of a good news, shitcoin are dying so it is easier for us to choose among the good ones, let's invest yeah
harryuxu

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:28:35 AM

Wow, it is rather good index. Here at the forum they like to say that 90% of all ICO are Scam. In general, it is a normal index. Like in real life few companies become successful,blockchain projects can not alwaysshow the growth.
RAMZA

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:29:57 AM

Because among them there were very few truly worthwhile projects, most simply wanted to earn some easy money.I hope this situation can be resolved this year.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:18:31 AM

I think a lot of it is due to the increasing competition of new similar ICO's being released every day. To be successful it has to be unique or the first to the market. Gaming tokens are not unique, but age of dragons is a unique game so i think it will be a good project to be a part of.

peterthegreat

Activity: 387

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:22:34 AM

The projects that failed from last year were never really set up or even ready to be in the market. They all just wanted some quick money and once they got that money that they wanted, the pulled out and left the projects to fail. What people don't know is that when you are investing in an ICO you should have it in mind that you might lose your money to scammers.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: