Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:04:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 46% of last year's ICOs have failed already  (Read 3844 times)
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:27:34 AM

As a rule, investors do not wait until the developers implement their projects, buy tokens at a discount to ICO and immediately all sell when ROI = 200% or more. It seems to me that the implementation of projects is not of interest to investors or developers.
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 10:33:11 AM

The reason of failure of many ICO is that there were many bad news flouting in the market from last many months and market was dropped significantly and people don't want to go through a new ICO whose future is not known to anyone. Many ICO not even reach there softcap but some good ICO's give good returns to their investors.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:48:16 AM

That's actually not too bad, only 142 out of over 900 failed at their initial funding round? I would have expected it to be more like 50-60%. I guess there is still hope to turn a decent investment from investing in ICOs if you pick the right ones, and invest the right amount (and early too).
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:00:01 AM

Last year 46% projects are failed but this year from starting of 2018 most of the ico failed maybe more than 90% ico are way lesser than ico price . Even some projects just raised below sift so even refused refund investors money.
cooobb

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:05:48 AM

Last year 46% projects are failed but this year from starting of 2018 most of the ico failed maybe more than 90% ico are way lesser than ico price . Even some projects just raised below sift so even refused refund investors money.

Totally agree. 80% are just scam, plus 5-7% can't make it out themselves and realize their projects. And in the end if the day when offer is too huge, money of investors divides and channels, so many good idead and projects just can't raise
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:28:53 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed
Wow that's a really sad news Although everyone expected a late chunk of ico to fail. It's getting more and now important to properly research the ico by yourself

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
tondenga2122

Activity: 490
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:44:25 AM

I also have a bad feeling about the new project nowadays. Looks like they're so totally different compared to old ICO project.
ICO project now is just thinking about money and does not intend to focus more on building their projects.
This is evidenced that many ICO now are failed to continue his project.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:52:59 AM

I also have a bad feeling about the new project nowadays. Looks like they're so totally different compared to old ICO project.
ICO project now is just thinking about money and does not intend to focus more on building their projects.
This is evidenced that many ICO now are failed to continue his project.

Yes I agree mate, there are so many ICOs and Pre-ICOs launch in the forum every day that it is hard to determine what are scam or not. If you carefully scrutinize it then you may find a good ICO that might give you a good return but even those ICOs that are honest with their intentions and project is affected by the bad ones because investors are losing faith in ICOs due to the fact that the value of the coin when launch on an exchange dump and investors may wait for sometime before they have some profits or they would just wait for the coin to be available in the exchanges because there are times when the team take some time to be listed in exchanges.

Years ago, ICOs are good because only a few are scam but in 2017, it is the year when there are so many ICOs that are launch up to now and maybe just like the traditional business, an average of 10% of them would prosper and others would just eventually be worthless.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Yara1996

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:00:48 PM

So 46 percent failed, but 54 succeeded, this day is a very good figure, look at the statistics, at the moment about 80% is not possible and it is very sad!

Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:05:15 PM

https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed

In my opinion, this is very alarming and bad for the industry, this will put the industry in a bad light, I hope in the future, something should be done for the sake of investors, maybe we really need a regulation for this to stop this bad ICOS.
Om.monata

Activity: 936

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:05:25 PM

with a present percentage of 46% ico failure now I think it should be better, last year ico is very much popping up and now there are many ico emerging, but i hope now ico will be much more successful than last year.
big kid

Activity: 325
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:07:14 PM

It's not surprising, most of them simply copy existing projects in the hope of earning easy money. People should better study these projects, then they would not lose money.
Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:22:01 PM

It is bit too early to say that so many ICOs are dead, many projects still need to mature. People tend to think that if an ICO has not made a x2 then it has to be a bad business. That makes no sense.
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:25:40 PM

Only real scams and real failed projects (bad management, insufficient risk assessment etc) should be qualified as failed ICO's....I see to many people badmouthing projects that simply weren't able to stay at ICO price....is that a failed ICO. Most ICO's have nothing but an idea after raising so much money, shouldn't we at least give them some time to actually build something from that idea?

For example, Wepower was really hyped, but after ICO it dropped quite a lot and now isn't worth that much anymore...but is it a failed (hyped) project? The project conditions didn't change....they even had the same roadmap, albeit a lot of new additions once they could actually start.

To me failed projects are only the actual scams, and projects that were merely designed to bring in as much money in a short amount of time.
barhavsky

Activity: 798

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:35:36 PM

As you can see today, most of today's icons are failing to reach their targets and successful ico at the time of sale but in reality the ICO project is not progressing and not running according to its roadmap.
So if you want to invest should be more careful because many projects that his party just looking for profit only from ico then not run the project.

JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:49:37 PM

Statistics today is very sad, I will not argue because today every forum member observes such statistics, it is probably a sign that it is time for us to be more united and defend our positions, probably there is no need to miss the opportunity to punish those who are guilty of something.
allergyunhappy

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:13:57 AM

Let the market grow more and wait for it and then you can do your investment.
tranoanh0470

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:19:26 PM

Truthfully a 54% success rate is pretty damn good.  Obviously more of them can fail but overall I'd say those are pretty good odds of getting into an ICO that will possibly be profitable on the short term as well as the long term.
GUNGUN12

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:54:04 PM

Truthfully a 54% success rate is pretty damn good.  Obviously more of them can fail but overall I'd say those are pretty good odds of getting into an ICO that will possibly be profitable on the short term as well as the long term.

indeed not all ico can succeed, we must be smart to choose ico to invest, and last year a lot of ico that failed,
and certainly this year may be more and more that fails if a project is not really good and attract investors
Skroojee

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:55:05 PM

I certainly understand how many scams there are among ICO projects, but I did not know how many ICO projects simply fail. This is a very sad statistic, as this is what happened last year, and this year it is even worse.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: