Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:11:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 46% of last year's ICOs have failed already  (Read 3844 times)
meomeo989

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:26:50 AM

This is not a good development in the cryptospace. The statistics is discouraging to investors but I feel is common for most start-ups to fail at the early stage even in the traditional business community. It is necessary for investors to be well acquainted with all the information about the ICO project there are supporting and measure the risk before getting in. Failure is a possibility as most ICOs are start-ups or even ideas.
Visibel

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:51:34 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed
This time may be much more. But that's not the main problem, I think the main problem is the more people who want to be successful in an instant way. And when that does not happen, the panic is controlling the market.
bunchakhongmz999

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:15:47 AM

I certainly understand how many scams there are among ICO projects, but I did not know how many ICO projects simply fail. This is a very sad statistic, as this is what happened last year, and this year it is even worse.
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:33:56 AM

Great statistics. The main thing is that in this case, the majority is a scam. For example, in a traditional startup marker, there has always been a high percentage of failures, but there was not so much scam. There it was very little. But here the situation is the opposite. The model of phased financing, depending on the progress of the project, of course, is a more rational model of the ICO which should be used instead of the current ICO model.

captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:37:05 AM

I  think that main reason for ICOs of failure is not the fact that the funds are not mobilized, but the idea of the project itself. A lot of projects have very bad project, with nothing special, so they are not able to go to live. But if you will be able to find good idea, than you will be luck to get profit, and it is possible. I am looking at ICOs at www.icogudie.com as they while rating are assessing idea itself, so it makes sense.

mOOnsterCAT

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:53:16 AM

Only 46%, however it was sad, but further will be even worse. Unfortunately, too many people, very quickly learned about the ICO. People are motivated only by the desire to become richer, few people think about the future, what will it be like? Everyone thinks that if they launch their own ICO, they will be rich, relying only on the idea. I think that most of the already launched ICO`s are already dead, because of a lack of experience or that they rely only on their idea. But worst of all to potential investors, they have to study a large amount of information in order to make sure that it has a chance to increase its capital.
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:49:32 AM

• 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed

In future we will see like much more last year’s ICO will fail. I am just sure about it. There is statistics that almost 80% of ICO projects collect money for nothing. Nothing at the end. I agree that it is pity thing.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:29:37 PM

Most ICOs are just project that are put to test. Some are just around to make thrir profits and after that, they efface. That is more reason we need to do our research before participating in any ICO. Some might not just be due to scam, but lack of professional ethics on the side of the team.
kennyle167

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:33:11 PM

That's why the market needs regulation, which everyone is so afraid of. There will be some inconvenience. there may be taxes, but people will be insured from the fact that their money will simply disappear together with the team that collected them. Roll Eyes
veekky

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:34:12 PM

This statistic is so sad, but it is true and ico market is very risky, so you have to consider risks prior to make an investment.
Don't only think about profit, but also about risks!
sunrise.now

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:16:42 AM

I certainly understand how many scams there are among ICO projects, but I did not know how many ICO projects simply fail. This is a very sad statistic, as this is what happened last year, and this year it is even worse.
Basketball5

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:29:46 PM

I would agree with this as many icos have died since last year. This stats are valid as it states that 60% of businesses do not survive and more over, cryptocurrency is very volatile. If developers abandon projects, its going to affect the projects and would warrant it to fail. So many things make projects to fail. That's why, one has to be careful when choosing projects
catnap

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:33:35 PM

If you can get a huge profit without any risk that would be great of course.
But that is not possible, so what you can do instead is minimizing risks by doing your own research.
I earned quite a lot of profit from investing in ICO called SRCOIN and they were successful as ICO.
Not many ICOs are successful but it is very rewarding if you do invest in successful ICO.
Knowing that few members of SRCOIN were hired in another ICO called MediBit, I have invested in MediBit as well.
Having team members especially those with experiences of successful ICO is a big selling point for me.

Take a look at their Bitcoin Talk page: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3219242.0  website: https://www.medibitusa.com/ and Telegram group: https://t.me/MediBit_EN

Oh also, they just announced major news that they are now working together with Korean exchanges to launch the ICO.
And it is confirmed that they will be listed and available for trade as soon as ICO ends.
kennyle167

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:36:18 PM

Not all the time, that a certain business would be successfully operated, we learn and accepts the facts that sometimes, there are some failures on a certain business. And that is  a nature of a business, failure and success, it depends of the management system on how the way they manage their business to become successful. Failure of business maybe comes on a wrong management system.
dmerrifield9844

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:54:31 PM

I have 4 coins bought on different ICOs last year. For each was spent 1 Ethereum, totaling 4 Eth. Now they all four together cost almost 1 Ether. But others were quite successful, even after I sold some, they continued to grow.
itssawai

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 12:59:36 PM

As the number of ICOs is rising, the percentage of failed ICOs is also increasing. Specially right now when the market is bearish and investors are not easily putting money in ICOs because of so many scam and failed ICOs. But overall it will market better filtering out failed projects. And people who wants to launch scammy projects will think twice before doing so.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
opeakande

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:33:42 PM

That is it. And I am sure we're going to record high failure this year. There are other numerous projects that will turn out to be scam as some programmers now see cryptocurrency development as a means of scamming people to their own selfish advantage.
captain_blood

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

The Most Profitable Mining Pool

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:45:48 PM

Yes, super risky ICO nowadays. But we can't help this but go with the flow. There are more serious ICO that brings not just hype but real solution. All you need to do is dig up your research and find that G-E-M out of rough stone.
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:46:50 PM

indeed this condition is very unfortunate, because very many good ideas from the various projects that failed ico, naturally they failed because of conditions of crypto market is very bad, so that investors become not interested in ico program

laynum

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:28:49 PM

These coins are failing because a lot of them didn't have prospects and were only but scams. More of these ICOs are still going to fail because they are shitty and are wack projects. However, some of these coins would have been really nice projects, just that the scam-y coins are making a bad path for them and their managers are probably not doing enough to make them survive the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: