Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:04:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 46% of last year's ICOs have failed already  (Read 3844 times)
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:31:21 PM

It is true that this type of news makes it seem that everything is wrong in the ICOs, and that people should refrain from investing in this business scheme. However all these critics seem to forget that in real life, business and all kinds of ventures do not have better luck. In fact, it seems to me that the failure rate in the first two years of opening a business is even much higher than the 46% you mention. It is true that we must be very cautious when it comes to investing in ICOs, but this principle is applicable to all current business schemes.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
devilzero

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:34:16 AM

Yes, most of the projects are on the verge of collapse in half a year. This has greatly damaged the position of the entire ICO project in the minds of investors.

promotionuser

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:22:54 PM

A number should alarm!
ICOs are a powerful way of calling for capital, which can reach out to many investors all over the world
But now there are too many bad influences and in addition there are real projects that are not feasible and ineffective.
sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:36:02 AM

You're right. Unfortunately. In 2018, this figure will be higher. There are many scams in the ico (90%). If you want to invest in ico, study the project in detail.
thepanicpoint

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:42:47 AM

This year percentage is too bad than 2017, there is just few project above the ico price, most of the projects are under ico price and they can't do anything about this, and I dont recommend to participate any ico at these days.

Ritaaa

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:47:06 AM

The vast majority of all startups fail. This is not mutually exclusive to a company that holds an ICO.

Fact is a company that holds an ICO is still a company or at least attempting to be one. Just because they hold an ICO doesn't mean they'll automatically succeed and just because they hold an ICO doesn't mean they'll necessarily fail.

Further, these failure rates do not indicate a scam, they just indicate a business that may have seemed sound, or perfect, but inevitably failed.

This has been true in business for as long as people have been starting businesses.

This is why the team matters more than anything for a longer term hold. Finding the right team and ensuring they have applicable industry experience as well as the necessary business experience is vital to the success of a company, and your investment.

Even with that said, even a perfect team simply may miss the mark and fail. It happens. A lot. The vast majority of businesses from the dotcom days failed before the ball dropped. Over 95%.

This is nothing new.
kabum21

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:50:10 AM

One thing that I have noticed is that ICO’s have become some sort of a Bitcoin FOMO craze. You can hear people investing in different ICO’s, most of them being scams and the investment being wasted since the team basically “run-off”, but the moment you hear about a successful ICO and people actually getting returns, FOMO activates and pushes you into investing in a ICO. No wonder China banned ICO’s in early September 2017, deeming them as “disruptive to economic and financial stability”. To anyone thinking about getting into an ICO, check the whitepaper, the project, invest with the mind of improving something and mostly don’t fall for “bonuses” and “guaranteed return”.

RGMan

Activity: 232

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:17:58 AM

I read about statistics that this year only 10% of ICO became successful. This is for the first quarter. It takes into account the data that investors have learned to choose really interesting projects. This is an occasion to reflect on those who are still planning ICO.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:28:31 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed
If I am honest I thought the number should be higher than that, however I have no doubt that many more projects probably already died since this was posted, but this is more proof, as if more proof was necessary, of the bad business that icos actually are, at the beginning this was a way to support the developers and their projects but very soon it became just a way to speculate with coins that will never solve anything in this market.
visionary

Activity: 966
Merit: 587

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:24:19 AM

Finally, more correct and true statistics. In such a figure I can  believe. If you think about it, 46% is a pretty good result.
Dmberum

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:27:11 AM

I don't believe it's a major issue presently, individuals put resources into all that they see from one side. From another side, in correlation with the conventional world with crowdfunding, I figure contrast not all that enormous.
Ethan101

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:59:06 AM

This is no surprise to me. I expect more ICO's to die in next few months.
When you check their website and whitepaper you can get an idea. Most of them are bunch of rubbish. I still don't understand why people invest without research.
Fedoracoins

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:20:29 AM

At first, I was very upset that many ico die. But then I looked at the market and realized that we have a lot more coins than we need. Of course some people will lose their investment but those who made the right choice will be able to increase their investment well.
pidobir

Activity: 446

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:43:22 AM

I think more projects will die in the future. But this is good because there will be only the most interesting and technological projects.

niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:30:41 PM

This is a bad news. This year may be a lot more than last year. I estimate that 85% of ICOs will fail this year. This is a trend that will take time to get better.
I'm afraid that's true, most ICO projects will fail this year and their percentage will be greater than last year. Recently I see fewer and fewer successful projects that managed to collect Hard Cap, I see more often that projects with great difficulty collect Soft Cap. The ICO market is in dipression and this trend will not change if the price of a cryptocurrency does not begin to rise.
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:01:01 PM

It is true that this type of news makes it seem that everything is wrong in the ICOs, and that people should refrain from investing in this business scheme. However all these critics seem to forget that in real life, business and all kinds of ventures do not have better luck. In fact, it seems to me that the failure rate in the first two years of opening a business is even much higher than the 46% you mention. It is true that we must be very cautious when it comes to investing in ICOs, but this principle is applicable to all current business schemes.
The situation with traditional business is really complicated, especially if business is opened in those niches in which there is a high level of competition. I agree that ICO is similar to traditional business, but it has more risks, greater dynamics and more earnings. The high risk of investing in the ICO justifies high earnings.
Dowrich80

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:12:55 PM

Last year the rate was at 46 percent but now it has risen to eighty Percent which means that 8 out of ten ICOs in the market are scams when his happens investment for Devries at an exponential rate
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:19:01 PM

seems like a high number to me alot of these coisn raised a bunch of funds they have enough money to hold them over for much longer than a year.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
markieeeloy

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 03:13:34 AM

I felt bad for those investors that invest in the ico for a dead project. The most probable reason for that is that the ico team only cares about the money, and when the tokensale ends, surely they already made exit scam. Lesson for the investors, make sure to verify for the legitimacy of the ico and its tokens before making investments.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Dblue

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:35:50 AM

Heartbreaking for anyone who invested in any of those coins. I'm not surprised though, as a matter of fact, more of these ICOs in the market now are still going to fail. This is why people are told to be careful of the project they choose to invest in, cos many of them projects are not bound to succeed the market and will fail anytime soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: