Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:46:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CANCELLED] 2018 30g (1oz) Chinese Gold Panda Coin - 2016 150g Chinese Silver  (Read 513 times)
Woshib (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 576

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:14:58 PM

-snip

If everything is done by you can you explain to me how you can operate an auction at a net loss? Assuming you pay the 20% VAT on the gold and the 20% VAT on the silver
Is this your problem?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 03:21:30 PM

-snip

If everything is done by you can you explain to me how you can operate an auction at a net loss? Assuming you pay the 20% VAT on the gold and the 20% VAT on the silver
Is this your problem?

How will you handle the vat then? As that is payable on import. I hate to agree with killyou but they do have a point for once.

It's not great form to raffle or auction something that isn't in your possession and saying you will handle VAT charges is slightly silly as you don't know each countries individual tax laws. For instance I have had to pay VAT on gold imports into the UK on multiple occasions

All in all this isn't a good looking raffle fella

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:24:26 PM

-snip

Is this your problem?

How will you handle the vat then? As that is payable on import. I hate to agree with killyou but they do have a point for once.

It's not great form to raffle or auction something that isn't in your possession and saying you will handle VAT charges is slightly silly as you don't know each countries individual tax laws. For instance I have had to pay VAT on gold imports into the UK on multiple occasions

Excuse you TMAN, I use the pronoun he and him not they,,, cant believe you are agreeing with me

its not my problem but it looks evident to me you cannot afford to purchase these items without the raffles BTC, because if you did you would purchase them and then  raffle them,

so if you do not have the money to buy the item to begin why would you have the money to operate an raffle at a net loss
Woshib (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:32:06 PM

-snip

Only thing I say is that I will pay every additional cost, that's all, where is the problem?

-snip

its not my problem but it looks evident to me you cannot afford to purchase these items without the raffles BTC, because if you did you would purchase them and then  raffle them,

so if you do not have the money to buy the item to begin why would you have the money to operate an raffle at a net loss
Haha, do you want me to sign a message from an address to "prove" I own money?
FFrankie

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:34:33 PM

-snip

Only thing I say is that I will pay every additional cost, that's all, where is the problem?

-snip

Haha, do you want me to sign a message from an address to "prove" I own money?

Sure, sign an address that isnt an escrow address that you own the BTC but that really doesnt matter

the problem is that you are raffling an item you do not own at a potential net loss
Woshib (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:43:54 PM

-snip

Sure, sign an address that isnt an escrow address that you own the BTC but that really doesnt matter

the problem is that you are raffling an item you do not own at a potential net loss
Here you go:
Code:
19GZSg3egbHzcpn7D2wMWHm1FaXmL1XqpK

Code:
Woshib, 24 February 2018, made with love for paranoid killyou72

Code:
IEe6sDVLTmBpfVa7S7QuSHi8Risj0J35Yyls+/5OSWVkV3T9bxLjneZoNSNXvY2eXcf5L6cn2GJHF97CEhMp2ys=

Do you also need my private keys?

FFrankie

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:47:36 PM

-snip

Here you go:
Code:
19GZSg3egbHzcpn7D2wMWHm1FaXmL1XqpK

Code:
Woshib, 24 February 2018, made with love for paranoid killyou72

Code:
IEe6sDVLTmBpfVa7S7QuSHi8Risj0J35Yyls+/5OSWVkV3T9bxLjneZoNSNXvY2eXcf5L6cn2GJHF97CEhMp2ys=

Do you also need my private keys?

Just because you have BTC does not mean you won't scam for some more

That is also an address that you literally just sent BTC, maybe you had a friend send you btc so you can sign an address
Woshib (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:49:32 PM

-snip

Just because you have BTC does not mean you won't scam for some more

That is also an address that you literally just sent BTC, maybe you had a friend send you btc so you can sign an address

Wait...what? so for you a friend can literally send you 1.3BTC (which is almost 13000$) just for fun? Roll Eyes
(+the transaction has just been confirmed)
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 03:50:39 PM

Give it up killyou. You are making yourself look like a cunt again.

Sometimes you have a point, but keep going at it and make yourself look like a used condom

markj113
Legendary

Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:06:19 PM

The gold would be ok shipped to the UK.

The silver coin would be subject to VAT @ 20% + a processing fee.

It would be worth specifying in the original post that the winners are liable for any fees or taxes due.
No, everything is paid by me.

-snip

Why Would that be? The OP says shipping is free,
Yes, shipping is free.

-snip

What does this mean? Not having a pop fella, just want to know is this still at the supplier or another of your warehouses? How soon after the raffle will the items ship?

Killyou is a dick sometimes but the questions from him are valid here
Items are in the warehouse of a supplier, it will be sent after 3 days maximum.

If everything is done by you can you explain to me how you can operate an auction at a net loss? (espically since you do not even own the items and have to purchase them) Assuming you pay the 20% VAT on the gold and the 20% VAT on the silver

are you just hoping a USA resident wins?

There is no VAT on gold only silver.

The silver panda coin is with roughly around £175 so £35 VAT + around a £15 handling charge.  He has around a £300 profit margin so can cover shipping + fees and still be £200+ up.
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:09:07 PM

-snip

Is this your problem?

Tman. There is no VAT due on investment gold into the UK.  Only silver, platinum and palladium.

All you should have had to do is sign a disclaimer stating that is investment gold for customs and excise.  If the shipping company did charge you then you can claim it back.  I am 100% certain on this (speaking from someone that had 9 X 1kg gold bars shipped in to the UK from Canada + coins from the US, Australia, Spain and France.
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 04:20:05 PM

-snip

Is this your problem?

Tman. There is no VAT due on investment gold into the UK.  Only silver, platinum and palladium.

All you should have had to do is sign a disclaimer stating that is investment gold for customs and excise.  If the shipping company did charge you then you can claim it back.  I am 100% certain on this (speaking from someone that had 9 X 1kg gold bars shipped in to the UK from Canada + coins from the US, Australia, Spain and France.

Depends on courier. Sometimes you have to pay it and claim it back from customs. Pain in the arse I know but it can happen

Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5915

Meh.

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:06:21 PM

I was under the impression that within EU there would be no additional VAT charges, no?

markj113
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:31:39 PM

I was under the impression that within EU there would be no additional VAT charges, no?

VAT is payable on silver.  I got hit with a £18 charge on the 150g silver proof panda I won here :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2917317.0
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:34:57 PM

VAT is payable on silver.  I got hit with a £18 charge on the 150g silver proof panda I won here :

I'm talking within EU. The thread you are referencing is an item shipped from USA.

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1752

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:05:42 PM

I'm talking within EU. The thread you are referencing is an item shipped from USA.

Also, I clearly state in my raffles that the winner is responsible for local customs and duties which I feel should be standard

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:12:16 PM

Also, I clearly state in my raffles that the winner is responsible for local customs and duties which I feel should be standard

I definitely agree on that, but in this case, where I believe the OP is sending these items from within EU there are no extra duties, regardless of who wins it and where they are located (not 100% sure about Asian countries but if winner is from USA/EU).

markj113
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:45:16 PM

No complaints here, fully expected to get hit with a charge was just hoping it would sneak through unnoticed Smiley
Woshib (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:11:10 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 08:55:07 PM by Woshib

Raffle is cancelled since there is not enough affluence, will update here with a tx id when Ticked get refunded.

Edit:
Refunded https://blockchain.info/fr/tx/f7972acb7909cf305fa6a0abce1b640952e9c916e6dd3ecb95ad0e47cb3f8cba
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: