Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:37:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Concluded] Time sensitive information for highest interested miner.  (Read 3613 times)
TheGrapist

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 05:03:19 AM

the winner should post this info,will give them .01 or so Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beta-coiner1 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 05:05:50 AM

How much faster are we talking?  You're being extremely vague, and who's to say that this "time sensitive information" isn't already publicly available?
Hi,sorry I forgot to ask your inquiries.How fast is your rig currently ? Sorry,but if you become the highest bidder I WILL disseminate the information then.However,the highest bidder chooses to use the information will be completely up to them.

Between my main computer and mining rig I'm running about 1950 mh/s.

And on all the questioning... I just try to keep my eye out for scams on this board.  Your information could be legit, but there's no way to tell currently.
It IS legit and can understand why you and many would be frustrated with scams.I am new and also taking a chance on this hence why I even offered to mine FOR FREE for a week to the highest bidder if it was NOT.If that is what you currently get then your hash rates would increase by approx. 17-19 %.

error

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 05:06:00 AM

Sounds interesting, but definitely risky for the buyer. Unfortunately I don't have enough mining rigs to make it worth placing more than a token bid, though I'd be happy to evaluate whatever it is and offer my opinion as to whether it's worth buying.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Alex-Z

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 05:34:45 AM

Ohhhh, it's that bitcoin speedminer scam.  He's just making it seem like you're getting "Good" information since you're actually spending money on it.

https://i.imgur.com/G4rjL.png

He's probably going to link you to an exe file you have to download.

Lulz, it steals your wallet and uploads it to his FTP.  Highest bidder, please report back how much BTC they stole from you
Beta-coiner1 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 05:40:48 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2011, 06:56:55 AM by Beta-coiner1

Hahaha @Alex-Z,funny !!!!

The bidding still stands and believe Zeroshift is currently in the lead.

Considering it is 3 AM EST this concludes the bidding process w/ Tysat as the winner.Thank you for your time.

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 06:55:32 AM

0.06!
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:19:33 AM

Turns out all he had was a link to a cheap graphics card, not even a good one.

I call shenanigans on this guy.
Beta-coiner1 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:26:37 AM

There was only 1 remaining,considering how much some are paying for it with BTCs it is a steal.

Smalleyster

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 10:39:32 AM

Raise. I think that word does not mean what you think it does.

Hey I kept adding Zeros!

As it turns out I probably had the most accurate bid for the value of the "information" delivered. 8^)

Does this merit "Scammer" or merely jerk?

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
Chick

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 10:43:26 AM

deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 10:57:49 AM

If I did my math right he thinks whatever card he linked you to is worth 350mhash.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Beta-coiner1 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:28:41 PM

Hey I kept adding Zeros!

As it turns out I probably had the most accurate bid for the value of the "information" delivered. 8^)

Does this merit "Scammer" or merely jerk?
Gotta love trolling flamers,lol.I gave the information and as it was not valuable to the bidder I have started mining free for a week for the highest bidder.If you think adding zeroes is a good reflection of your own bid then do so,lol.

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 12:43:33 PM

I know it sounds vague but I definitely wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't according to the etiquette of the board AND legal.You can place your best bets in your post.The highest bidder wins and is limited to 3:A.M. US EST.I will elaborate to only the highest bidder and no this is NOT a scam as I don't have any BTC so just trying this out to earn some,however the information is still 100% legit and worth it.

To highlight,the information could help you mine  faster.In order to show how legitimate it is I'm willing to mine FREE for a week for the highest bidder if it does not help them out and be banned in the process if necessary !!!!

To ensure that no one feels cheated in anyway I will use BTCrow for the transaction.

So his " mine FREE for a week" because the information did not help me has consisted of him pointing his card at my account for maybe an hour a day tops.

Here's the PM from him saying it might be intermittent:

Done,

The miner will be intermittent thoughout the week though as sometimes I don't keep electrical appliances on when I'm home

Not sure if I should throw something in the scammer section, just wanted people to know he doesn't keep his word.
Smalleyster

Activity: 84

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2011, 05:18:40 PM

I know it sounds vague but I definitely wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't according to the etiquette of the board AND legal.You can place your best bets in your post.The highest bidder wins and is limited to 3:A.M. US EST.I will elaborate to only the highest bidder and no this is NOT a scam as I don't have any BTC so just trying this out to earn some,however the information is still 100% legit and worth it.

To highlight,the information could help you mine  faster.In order to show how legitimate it is I'm willing to mine FREE for a week for the highest bidder if it does not help them out and be banned in the process if necessary !!!!

To ensure that no one feels cheated in anyway I will use BTCrow for the transaction.

So his " mine FREE for a week" because the information did not help me has consisted of him pointing his card at my account for maybe an hour a day tops.

Here's the PM from him saying it might be intermittent:

Done,

The miner will be intermittent thoughout the week though as sometimes I don't keep electrical appliances on when I'm home

Not sure if I should throw something in the scammer section, just wanted people to know he doesn't keep his word.

IMHO You paid and he did not deliver on either the initial offer or the backp offer, thereore he is a confirmed scammer.

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
gurcani

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 06:56:17 PM

IMHO You paid and he did not deliver on either the initial offer or the backp offer, thereore he is a confirmed scammer.

he delivered the info though. It was just useless. And what did you expect?

I don't think he deserves to be called a scammer. I think the buyer was aware that the info he was selling was a useless piece of crap. He paid possibly because he was curious.

I mean if a guy tells you "give me money I'll tell you something really useful". You do, and he tells you whatever. Is he really the one to blame?
Beta-coiner1 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 08:48:45 PM

The answer here is very simple,

The card I got/recommended seems to be just fine but my power supply is having issues when being used in conjunction with my old card since approx. Wednesday/Thurs...... even with the new card alone.I have tried downclocking the memory to consume less power but it always resets using tray tools and resets after reboot w/ MSI afterburner.I thought a Corsair 650 watt PSU would have been more than enough but when I try to mine my monitor cuts out and PSU has strange clicking noises.I even asked for help here and here concerning the issue but there is simply nothing I can do until I get a new PSU to start mining again as I am only on a 500 watt no name one right now and not willing to burn my new hardware.

AFAIK,the information was accurate and could have increased a person's M/Hash.The price also went back up the next day in price.I can refund up to half of your Bitcoin if you like due the information being delivered and partial mining.It was obvious that anyone whom had bought the videocard would have saved at least 4-5 btc considering.

Reikoku

Activity: 140

firstbits: 1kwc1p

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 10:17:24 PM

What card was it?

You realise people probably would have bidded on a link to a card which is $70 under market.

Rei | 1Kwc1pqv54jCg8jvnm3Gu1dqFQYhS34Bow
Trades So Far: 7
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 11:37:59 PM

The value of information is different to every person. That being said simply selling someone a link is bordering on a scam for sure since most of us are capable of doing searches on our own.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Beta-coiner1 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 11:40:14 PM

@Reikoku,I thought I did that....and look where it got me.Perhaps I should have been more clear on it at the time but to me everyone would have obviously found it eventually with the appropriate price and card being known at the time......there basically wouldn't have been a need for an auction.

It was a Powercolor Radeon 1Gb 6950 for under 170 US which I had found on Monday ,July 18th.

kpriess

Activity: 415

Money is the root of all evil.

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 02:56:45 AM

He is not a scammer, and this was clearly not a scam.. You paid for what he offered, if you didn't find it useful that's not his problem..

What a waste of money though..

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: