Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:02:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfundify - Give the gift of bitcoin!  (Read 135 times)
bitfundify (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 07:58:59 PM

Bitfundify is a new and easy to use Bitcoin fundraising service for all of your special events.

Users can set up a personal Bitcoin wedding registry or raise money for a milestone or charity event. There are never any fees and the funds are sent directly into your personal bitcoin wallet.

Join our community!
www.bitfundify.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:37:10 AM

Bitfundify is a new and easy to use Bitcoin fundraising service for all of your special events.

Users can set up a personal Bitcoin wedding registry or raise money for a milestone or charity event. There are never any fees and the funds are sent directly into your personal bitcoin wallet.

Join our community!
www.bitfundify.com

Are these only two wedding listings legitimate people trying out your service or just a placeholder?

I don't understand why you have to go through such a hard process to donate bitcoin. If you want them to actually just receive the bitcoins into their own wallets without any hassle, literally just get a bitpay bitcoin payment ID out there or just a traditional bitcoin address.

If there are never any fees and you're just providing a service, there is absolutely no need for "ordering" a donation.

It has potential, if it can end up as a crowdfunding service for new gadgets or ideas. But just as a fundraising service with no fees I don't see this business model working. Unless you are able to plug in credit card payments which is instantly and automatically converted to BTC.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:48:31 PM

Tbh, your site has lack of information. There's no detailed explanation on how it really works which I think is necessary. I visited the site on mobile and registered, but how to send fund? I viewed the existing wedding stories, however there's no way to donate (did I miss something or it's because I'm on mobile?)

It seems to be easier if I write a social media post with the story and provide the BTC address and QR code for the donation. People in my friend list could read and share it easily, they can confirm that it's me as well.
bitfundify (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 01:13:37 AM

Thank you for the feedback.

The issue with just posting a bitcoin address is that the fundraiser has no way of knowing who is giving them a gift or what amount/transaction is associated with each person giving them a gift. With Bitfundify, the fundraiser receives a notification of each gift pledge and can see a list of funders on their personal fund page.

Right now, transactions are processed off-line, directly between the two parties. Payment instructions are sent via email.
Once there is more clarity on some regulations, the site may include credit card processing and other automated payment services.
bitfundify (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 01:23:05 AM

I visited the site on mobile and registered, but how to send fund? I viewed the existing wedding stories, however there's no way to donate (did I miss something or it's because I'm on mobile?)

Click on the "support now" button, and you will get to a screen where you can enter your donation amount and complete the transaction. You'll be sent a payment address via email.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:06:04 AM

Thank you for the feedback.

The issue with just posting a bitcoin address is that the fundraiser has no way of knowing who is giving them a gift or what amount/transaction is associated with each person giving them a gift. With Bitfundify, the fundraiser receives a notification of each gift pledge and can see a list of funders on their personal fund page.

Right now, transactions are processed off-line, directly between the two parties. Payment instructions are sent via email.
Once there is more clarity on some regulations, the site may include credit card processing and other automated payment services.

Ah, I understand.

So there are no third parties, right? So you are just providing a platform for keeping track of who has donated, and payments are actually directly sent to the person conducting the fundraiser on your site without you ever touching the funds?

Makes sense. But I still don't see much potential in your site if you don't add some meaningfulness by adding credit card payments via a third party provider, because not everyone invited will have bitcoin to donate and not everyone will be abel to go through the hassle of buying BTC.

If you can do that, then there is definitely potential here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: