Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:32:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Bitcoin Diff become to crazy to mine for Joe Bloggs today  (Read 612 times)
xray (OP)

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:24:11 AM

I can see BFL Avalon and even those usb miners are being Auctioned off for small amounts.
There seems to be no miners to buy at the moment that will give you a ROI within the next 6 months.
All these big boys making those miners seem to produce these rigs and use them before selling them on to the Joe Bloggs
which cannot get near the return of there investment

Anyones views ?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:28:08 AM

ROI is non-existent unless you assume the price of bitcoins will skyrocket. Then, thinking about pre-orders... my goodness.  Undecided
imbladednow

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:33:21 AM

I can see BFL Avalon and even those usb miners are being Auctioned off for small amounts.
There seems to be no miners to buy at the moment that will give you a ROI within the next 6 months.
All these big boys making those miners seem to produce these rigs and use them before selling them on to the Joe Bloggs
which cannot get near the return of there investment

Anyones views ?

Welcome to real world where 10+ years of ROI is reasonable

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
flasket

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:22:29 AM

Yes - the ASIC arena seems to have gone crazy.

As far as I can tell, you will never get ROI on any of the first generation ASICs (110nm avalon, etc).
You might get a return on the Bitfury (55nm), although it all depends on when (if) the next generation of 28nm chips turn up, and what their actual performance is.

And yes, the guys auctioning off gear will probably have a nice return in hand if they manage to sell it.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:31:45 AM

As far as I can tell, you will never get ROI on any of the first generation ASICs (110nm avalon, etc).
You might get a return on the Bitfury (55nm), although it all depends on when (if) the next generation of 28nm chips turn up, and what their actual performance is.

And yes, the guys auctioning off gear will probably have a nice return in hand if they manage to sell it.

It has its name, greater fool theory (also called survivor investing)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory

Smiley
CoinedFaceKillah

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:44:47 AM

Only hope, is to hold BTC for the long run, and hope it skyrockets. Maybe after the next block reward halving.
xray (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:49:58 PM

Well instead of putting fiat currency into rigs , I now am buying altcoins infinitecoin and memecoin. fingers crossed for 2 years
xray (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:12:17 PM

I think myself the developers of these new chips are just using them until they feel there is not profit but to sell them to the likes of us
vendetahome

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:18:28 PM

Well instead of putting fiat currency into rigs , I now am buying altcoins infinitecoin and memecoin. fingers crossed for 2 years

Do you mean NameCoin, or your crazy ?  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: