Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:04:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin & Terrorism  (Read 8284 times)
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:12:10 AM

Why not dollars?

And I dont think they would understand the concept all too well!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:30:37 AM

We can take a look about Bitcoin & Terrorism  at the other pov, not only real terrorism, - there is other, fast growing terrorism - underground markets, like tor network(silkroad), where btc is main currency and you can buy almost everything. I think BTC is good but also it really not help goverments to fight against drugs/contrabanda Smiley
Why does any government need to fight against what people choose to put in their own bodies? To make drug barons rich? To justify massive incarceration?
The value of the total amount of Bitcoin in present circulation has probably already been given by the US, in nice straightforward dollars through Saudi Arabia and nice straight guns, just to support the Al-Qaeda factions in Syria.
Silk road (a tiny market website that has to hide A LOT better than a standard dollar based drug-dealer) has a strict policy against guns. Snotty countries like USA, France, UK, Sweden* sell tons of guns, in FIAT, to unstable regions of the world, many of them hand held items that are scarily easy to use in trivial mass death terror attacks...
Go spread FUD to a dumber, more ignorant, audience.
-
*These annoy me because of their unjustifiable snottiness but for fairness this is the present top10 for weapon exports (note that it's in absolute terms, not per capita):
USA
Russia
Germany
France
China
Turkey
UK
Italy
Israel
Sweden
Ukraine
Just google it if in doubt.

What is sad is that we make weapon because other countries buy it.
They buy it because they need to protect themselves.
They need to protect because we sell weapons to their neighbours.

Where is it going ?
rat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:06:04 PM

I was thinking about how easily everything could get out of hand with bitcoin so easily being passed around. I mean if the wrong people know about it, they could quite easily use bitcoin to fund weapons and all sorts..what are your thoughts?

Gold, silver, land, resources and cash have been the currency of the worse human crimes in world history.

Bitcoin, not so much.

Every dollar in your pocket has drugs, guns, and political crimes attached to it, but something tells me you already know all this and are simply here to be a Concern Troll, to plant seeds of FUD in Bitcoiners and those researching the technology.
It also has the sweat and bacteria of the millions of people's hands that have held them.
Bitcoins. They're cleaner.

so, my bitcoins were never between a stripper's clam? /sad face
virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:00:24 AM

Bitcoin and Namecoin are the currencies of Peace in a violent world.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
callem

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:14:22 AM

Anything that can be done with a suitcase full of cash can probably be done with bitcoin. Nothing can change this.

Hopefully bitcoin charity projects like Sean's Outpost and the Bitcoin 100 will continue to outweigh less noble causes.

tmbp

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:25:14 AM

Anti-laundering laws are in themselves illogical and the term is essentially a dysphemism, laundering being any funds not reported to the government and/or acquired by illegal means (illegal usually involving the denial of your rights to your body and consumption of any substances you see fit by, yours truly, the babysitting government that will prescribe amphetamines to your 8 year old child)

Terrorism is also a myth, it simply does not exist, and even if it does it certainly isn't popular on such a sheer scale to encourage such global measures, the ultimate aim of "anti-terrorism" is to prepare for handling problematic citizens with inhumane ruthlessness or to gain other financial advantages by means of brutes.

Every time I hear an American speak up against terrorism it's like hearing a Nazi SS commander speaking against the imaginary leftist communist jews trying to take up the world...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: