Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:25:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen coins / Crypto insurance?  (Read 83 times)
Curiousmonkey (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:57:54 PM

I feel bad for my friend but I'm sure he's feeling worse.

Friend's QSP and Walton were transferred out of his MEW account without his permission.
The QSP landed on Binance. Walton is somewhere else.

Not scammed but believe it was a phishing.

This is his public key: 0xC835cd6A77A0738f640505555bBC2b6C64902475

He's not rich.. blahh blahh.. its a significant amount blahh blahh..

I think there is a huge market for crypto insurance. If there is something out there I haven't heard about it yet.

I'd imagine it would work by ppl verifying themselves and their wallets. (which people wont do) Or just their wallet addresses. Then you pay a small monthly fee based on your level of risk. Any confirmed scam/phish/hack etc is dealt with appropriately. Perhaps in the future these tainted coins will be identifiable or marked in someway.

Any ideas?

venox12

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:00:52 PM

nobody is insane enough to something like this
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:01:51 PM

Friend's QSP and Walton were transferred out of his MEW account without his permission.

I think there is a huge market for crypto insurance. If there is something out there I haven't heard about it yet.

I'd imagine it would work by ppl verifying themselves and their wallets. (which people wont do) Or just their wallet addresses. Then you pay a small monthly fee based on your level of risk. Any confirmed scam/phish/hack etc is dealt with appropriately. Perhaps in the future these tainted coins will be identifiable or marked in someway.

Any ideas?

Idea behind crypto is that YOU ARE YOUR OWN BANK and thus you are responsible for your funds. If you can't keep them safe it is your sole responsibility, yes people use to trick others due to many people having lack of knowledge. But you can't change anything. Anyway with MEW you expose your private key every time which is why you have to take certain measures to be safe.
Melfoy72

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:35:44 PM

Any ideas?

Idea behind crypto is that YOU ARE YOUR OWN BANK and thus you are responsible for your funds. If you can't keep them safe it is your sole responsibility, yes people use to trick others due to many people having lack of knowledge. But you can't change anything. Anyway with MEW you expose your private key every time which is why you have to take certain measures to be safe.

When somebody leaves his wallet on a beach stone and goes to swim no one insurance company can secure him.
Otherwise insurance fee will be similar with stolen amount.

BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:52:38 PM

No one can insure that. you should treat your crypto wallet same as your real wallet with paper money/cards.
But cyber insurance are growing right now (insurance against hacking or leaked data)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: