Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:18:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Feathercoin Official Weekly News #1  (Read 2884 times)
Chaoskampf

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

order in numbers

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:22:55 PM

It's great to see FeatherCoin going in such a positive direction. If you learn anything in your life it should be to value the constructive power of people working in common purpose. I noticed FeatherCoin about 4 months ago. What drew my attention was the community behind it rather than the project they were all involved in. I invested rather significant funds into the coin when it was at its lowest because I understood that this project was a medium in which the collaborative energy of ordinary people could be harnessed into shaping a successful coin. I own Litecoin, but I would back FeatherCoin over it in the long run solely because I see people behind FTC. I see the daily work being done on the coin. I see the forums overflowing with ideas and projects to enrich not only the currency, but the conditions of so many other facets of politics, economics, and society. This gives me confidence that there is a community of concerned, intelligent, and creative people working together. This is what I value. Only so much of this is about money or finance. To me this is about people, freedom, and self-determination.

Keep up the stellar work guys!

-Atlas

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Disastrus

Activity: 145

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:10:05 PM

don't you guys have your own forum?
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:17:45 PM

I'm reading that I have to update the FTC Wallet to the new version. Is this by downloading the new one? Or will I loose my wallet (and my walletaddress) by doing this?

Just download new one. You will not losse your coin.
To be 100% sure, backup wallet.dat file on flash drive just in case u screw something up Smiley

I'm reading that I have to update the FTC Wallet to the new version. Is this by downloading the new one? Or will I loose my wallet (and my walletaddress) by doing this?

If you download and install the new one, your wallet and address will still be the same,  don't forget to back up your wallet beforehand through the client 'file, back up wallet'

Thanks for the help! I've got the new version now and my balance remains the same. Thanks! Smiley

I think FeatherCoin is (besides of LiteCoin) one of the few coins other than Bitcoin which has potential. Keep up the good work!  Cool

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Entimp

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:19:02 PM

Is this not the Alternate cryptocurrencies thread area?
Ruthie

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:23:24 PM

Oh yes, we do, its at https://forum.feathercoin.com, you should come over and say 'hi' new members always welcome Smiley
svennand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:36:32 PM

Oh yes, we do, its at https://forum.feathercoin.com, you should come over and say 'hi' new members always welcome Smiley

Haha love it Grin
Disastrus

Activity: 145

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:57:33 PM

then go there and be gone..or say hi , circlejerkers
Entimp

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:27:44 AM

Nice see you being man enough to not hide behind some vernacular.
mkbit88

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 05:54:46 AM

Great post! Ive had interest in FTC for some time now and its great to see something like this! It really shows that this is a growing project with continuing support instead of just being just another coin (which there certainly seems to be quite a bit of these days!)
svennand

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:52:08 AM

whats your problem?
this is not the first time you attack feathercoin...
dont have anything better to do? have we hurt you in any way/form or shape?

have a good day Smiley
Ruthie

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:20:06 AM

It's great to see FeatherCoin going in such a positive direction. If you learn anything in your life it should be to value the constructive power of people working in common purpose. I noticed FeatherCoin about 4 months ago. What drew my attention was the community behind it rather than the project they were all involved in. I invested rather significant funds into the coin when it was at its lowest because I understood that this project was a medium in which the collaborative energy of ordinary people could be harnessed into shaping a successful coin. I own Litecoin, but I would back FeatherCoin over it in the long run solely because I see people behind FTC. I see the daily work being done on the coin. I see the forums overflowing with ideas and projects to enrich not only the currency, but the conditions of so many other facets of politics, economics, and society. This gives me confidence that there is a community of concerned, intelligent, and creative people working together. This is what I value. Only so much of this is about money or finance. To me this is about people, freedom, and self-determination.

Keep up the stellar work guys!

-Atlas

hey Atlas Smiley Great to hear from you and thanks for your kinds words, hope you're well?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:22:34 AM

I'm just curious as to why John M. (justabit...) has basically gone silent on FTC. Supposedly cashing out all of his FTC after stating many times he is so "glad" to be invested in FTC then a week or two later selling out all and basically going silent on the FTC forums.

Also, are the FTC devs going to keep scrypt as the mining algorithm or change it? Very curious about this.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:53:49 AM

Also, are the FTC devs going to keep scrypt as the mining algorithm or change it? Very curious about this.

I don't see how they could change this without causing massive distrust of the coin.

ChrisJ (OP)

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:10:28 AM

I'm just curious as to why John M. (justabit...) has basically gone silent on FTC. Supposedly cashing out all of his FTC after stating many times he is so "glad" to be invested in FTC then a week or two later selling out all and basically going silent on the FTC forums.

You were on the thread where he gave his explanation on the Feathercoin forum and his email in the footer. He has also said this:

2 Weeks Ago JustABitOfThough said "Glad I got out of ltc around 3.30. With Gox continuing to lose market share, rough road ahead for ltc."
http://trollboxarchive.com/byid.php?id=15387603

Let's not pretend like this whole domain isn't full of people making unfalsifiable claims about their 'holdings'. Mostly people just say whatever they have to to suit their port folio. Not saying that's what's going on here with John but it's the reason why I don't pay attention to claims like this.

I want to make the world better than I found it
ChrisJ (OP)

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:12:36 AM

Great post! Ive had interest in FTC for some time now and its great to see something like this! It really shows that this is a growing project with continuing support instead of just being just another coin (which there certainly seems to be quite a bit of these days!)

Thank-you. I think you are probably one of the few people who actually read the thread rather than just seeing the word "Feathercoin" and reacting.

I want to make the world better than I found it
aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:16:34 AM

Yea I wondered the same thing. On top of that it's been quietish in progress the pass few days before this weekly update. I was actually about to post asking about what's been going on in the background lately and then I saw this to answer my question haha. Great to see all the progress that's being made. Smiley

Good job guys!

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
svennand

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:22:13 AM

Dont see why we would not want to stay on scrypt.
Given the current situation with fpga compliant equipment merging up (Koolio) i feel scrypt is a good place to be now.

the fpga delivers good hashrate for low power, but they are priced quite higher than GPU´s given the same hashrate.
This means people purchasing equipment are in it for the long haul (Investment/ROI), which secures and benefits everyone into a scrypt currency.

Also given the security of ACP, it no issue that people have LARGE fpga farms either. No more 51% attacks.
randomdef

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:50:57 PM

What happened to justabitoftime?

What did he learn that made him sell as his coins and run away from the community that HE BUILT?

I bet that's a great story.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:19:04 PM

What did he learn that made him sell as his coins and run away from the community that HE BUILT?

Don't know if this is true or not. If it is, maybe the ones screaming pump & dump were right after all.

Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:42:23 PM

What happened to justabitoftime?

I bet that's a great story.

He wanted everything to fast. He is completely responsible for UNOCS which was a big fail.
Now he dont have almost any influence on FTC and he lost trust of most members.

FTC is now taking continuous and steady steps in developement, instead of justabits superhype.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: