Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:21:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Christian men marry more than one wife?  (Read 2142 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 01:31:27 AM

Any Christian people can move to a place where there is no law against more than one wife, and marry more.
There are only few places where polygamy is accepted. Good luck Grin.
Just remember. People that do this will have more trouble in their lives than one-to-one.
Indeed so I don't think any good reason for you to do this. Besides if you are really a true Christian or a committed person on whatever religion (aside from Islam since they're allowed to have more than one wife) you belongs, you will not do it in the first place because you know that it was strictly prohibited.

Just remember this one thing. Old Testament Israel was required to have more than one wife at times.

If a man's brother died and the brother had no children, it was a law/rule for the man to marry his brother's widow, to produce offspring for his dead brother. In fact, this might have been the generally-accepted practice throughout a good portion of the world back when the laws were given by Moses to Israel.

Now, imagine that a man in Ancient Israel had 5 brothers who were all married, but none of them had children. The 5 brothers went to war, and they were all killed. Almost instantly the man had 5 wives in addition to his own if he had one.

Jump ahead to the writing of the New Testament. If any of the N.T. writers weren't Jewish, they had guidance in their writing from people of Israel. In other words, they were all still acting in the laws of the Old Testament, because they were learning about the freedom given by Christ.

In 70AD the Romans came and destroy Jerusalem. How many times might an Israel man have lost his brothers in this Rome/Israel fight, that he might have had to take his brothers' wives to raise up children for his brothers?

The law/rule of marrying the childless wives of your dead brothers never stopped being a law/rule for believers. Rather, it became a custom to not obey this law/rule. The evidence that the law remained active - and is essentially active among Christians today - is in the New Testament books of 1 Timothy and Titus:

1 Timothy 3:12:
A deacon must be the husband of but one wife, a good manager of his children and of his own household.

Titus 1:6:
An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, having children who are believers and are not open to accusation of indiscretion or insubordination.

If the law/rule of marrying your dead brother's wife had not been part of the life of the early Christian church, Paul (who wrote the above verses) would not have had to make that distinction for Timothy and Titus. So we see by what Paul wrote, that one wife is better, but more than one is understood as having been allowed... and even advocated in some circumstances.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 01:38:32 AM

Christian men can marry more than one wife no bible verses is against polygamy

There are many religions that are considered to be Christians but one thing is for sure all Christian sects and religions does not allow an individual to marry one wife. Marrying more than wife is already considered adultery and it is a taboo. If you are looking forward to marry more than wife then that is existing in Islamic tradition given that you can love fairly and equally your wives.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 01:52:33 AM

There are many religions that are considered to be Christians but one thing is for sure all Christian sects and religions does not allow an individual to marry one wife. Marrying more than wife is already considered adultery and it is a taboo. If you are looking forward to marry more than wife then that is existing in Islamic tradition given that you can love fairly and equally your wives.

^^^ But that is simply Christian religious tradition. If a Christian nation allowed polygamy to maintain the family as I stated above, there would be nothing wrong or anti-Christian about it.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 04:50:32 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2019, 05:01:37 AM by Balthazar

Easy to say but that's not so simple. You should still conform on the Constitutional laws of course Roll Eyes. You can't just act like an alpha male and fuck whoever you want. It's our obligation to be humane.
Yet you still have your basic human rights. As far I remember, slavery have been abolished a lot of time ago. If some legislative norm is illegal then you're not obliged to follow it.
Though you can become a subject of prosecution, that may be a real problem in some cases.

aside from Islam since they're allowed to have more than one wife
Yep, but such kind of behaviour is not recommended.

Ash-Shirbeeni from the Shaafi’i School of jurisprudence, said in Mughni Al-Muhtaaj: “It is a Sunnah not to marry more than one wife if there is no apparent need.”

Ibn Qudaamah may Allaah have mercy upon him from the Hanbali School of jurisprudence, said in Ash-Sharh Al-Kabeer: “It is more appropriate to marry only one wife. The author of Al-Muharrar [i.e. Abul Barakaat Al-Majd ibn Taymiyyah] said this, based on the saying of Allaah (which means) {...But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one}.”

https://www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/257272/
finzyoj

Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 05:33:04 AM

The law/rule of marrying the childless wives of your dead brothers never stopped being a law/rule for believers. Rather, it became a custom to not obey this law/rule. The evidence that the law remained active - and is essentially active among Christians today - is in the New Testament books of 1 Timothy and Titus:

A deacon must be the husband of but one wife, a good manager of his children and of his own household.

An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, having children who are believers and are not open to accusation of indiscretion or insubordination.

If the law/rule of marrying your dead brother's wife had not been part of the life of the early Christian church, Paul (who wrote the above verses) would not have had to make that distinction for Timothy and Titus. So we see by what Paul wrote, that one wife is better, but more than one is understood as having been allowed... and even advocated in some circumstances.
Thanks for enlightening me about this issue with Bible as a basis. Actually, I understand it and you convinced mw somehow that it's alright to make your deceased brother's wife as your own wife too but how about the other people which are very conscious regarding this? How can you convince them all? I don't think you can. My point is that most of the laws/rules in previous times are no longer applicable in today's generation. Even how hard you explain and show many proofs like the Bible verses and everything, the majority of our society will not agree upon it. Marrying the wife of your deceased brother, whether they got children or not, is legal back on those times but today it was already a form of betrayal in the eyes of others.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 08:03:17 AM

The bible is huge and so full of contradictory statements and ambiguity about what is to be taken literally and what metaphorically, that there is huge room to manoeuvre. Indeed that is what the church has done over the millennia. I suspect that almost anything can be justified as being permitted by the bible. Even if it is expressly forbidden in one place, you can argue that that part is a metaphor for something else...
finzyoj

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 10:04:36 AM

aside from Islam since they're allowed to have more than one wife
Yep, but such kind of behaviour is not recommended.

Ash-Shirbeeni from the Shaafi’i School of jurisprudence, said in Mughni Al-Muhtaaj: “It is a Sunnah not to marry more than one wife if there is no apparent need.”

Ibn Qudaamah may Allaah have mercy upon him from the Hanbali School of jurisprudence, said in Ash-Sharh Al-Kabeer: “It is more appropriate to marry only one wife. The author of Al-Muharrar [i.e. Abul Barakaat Al-Majd ibn Taymiyyah] said this, based on the saying of Allaah (which means) {...But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one}.”

https://www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/257272/
Ah I see. So there are also written advices from Quran (am I right?) saying that marrying more than one wife is not actually necessary. I thought from the very beginning that you can get wife how much as you want as long as you can sustain their needs; that's all, nothing more nothing less. Well, this is good because at least Muslim people can have a guidelines on deciding whether they should get one or more than one wife Smiley.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 02:29:35 PM

Thanks for enlightening me about this issue with Bible as a basis. Actually, I understand it and you convinced mw somehow that it's alright to make your deceased brother's wife as your own wife too but how about the other people which are very conscious regarding this? How can you convince them all? I don't think you can. My point is that most of the laws/rules in previous times are no longer applicable in today's generation. Even how hard you explain and show many proofs like the Bible verses and everything, the majority of our society will not agree upon it. Marrying the wife of your deceased brother, whether they got children or not, is legal back on those times but today it was already a form of betrayal in the eyes of others.

This post answers the post directly above this one, as well. The answer is outside of the direct question of more than one wife.

We are supposed to do everything for the benefit of our neighbor, especially in the area of salvation. If we are living in a area or under a government that says "no polygamy," we are to abide by the ideals that keep peace, and don't offend other people. BUT, this doesn't include areas where God has commanded certain things. We obey God rather than men.

God has said to live at peace with other people, not offending them in things of adiaphora, such as polygamy. This is why I say, move to an area where polygamy is accepted if you are going to do it. Or move away from other people altogether. If you can't, then don't marry more than one wife.

While I don't know the following factually, you know that concubines were permitted in the O.T. times, as they are in many countries, today. The concubine tradition might have developed, in part, out of the idea of not having more than one wife. The second and third, etc., might have been called concubines just to keep from offending people that were strictly against polygamy.

Cool

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 03:04:40 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2019, 05:07:57 PM by Balthazar

I thought from the very beginning that you can get wife how much as you want as long as you can sustain their needs; that's all, nothing more nothing less.
According to Quaran, the God have said that it's allowed to marry up to four wives.

Al-Maawardi, from the Shaafi’i School of jurisprudence, said: “Allaah has permitted a man to marry up to four wives, saying: {…two or three or four…}, but Allaah advised that it is desirable for man to marry only one wife, saying: {...But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one}
- From the same page.

However, most of scholars are interpreting this as "one is better than four".
finzyoj

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 08:46:13 PM

I thought from the very beginning that you can get wife how much as you want as long as you can sustain their needs; that's all, nothing more nothing less.
According to Quaran, the God have said that it's allowed to marry up to four wives.

If it says that you can only marry up to four women then why heard cases of marrying to 7 up 10 wives? Having 4 wives is mandated or just an ideal number but you can still have more if you want?

However, most of scholars are interpreting this as "one is better than four".
Based on your scriptures, it seems pretty clear for me that marrying only one is the best thing to do. Your God already advised it yet many still choose to do the other thing. No offense but for me maybe some of Muslims, just a maybe, do it because of "flesh". You know guys what I mean, the more wife you have the happier your sex life would be.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 09:50:48 PM

Having 4 wives is mandated or just an ideal number but you can still have more if you want?
It's mandated to have no more than 4 wives.

…two or three or four…
These are the words of Allah and therefore may not be argued.

If it says that you can only marry up to four women then why heard cases of marrying to 7 up 10 wives?
Just like with any religion, there are cheaters and sinners. Some of them are inventing alternate reality constructs in their mind, trying to fool themselves, while others are not even bothering this and just doing whatever they want.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 10:10:27 PM

No offense but for me maybe some of Muslims, just a maybe, do it because of "flesh". You know guys what I mean, the more wife you have the happier your sex life would be.
I sometimes don't understand why the people are inventing yet another problem for themselves.

Just read what this guy has written:

https://www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/350290/first-wifes-permission-not-condition-for-validity-of-second-marriage

The only possible reaction is "WHAT THE HELL???!! %) %) %) %)"
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 11:52:18 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2019, 03:17:41 PM by BADecker

^^^ A husband and wife are supposed to be one. Therefore it is only right that they talk things out ahead of time. If the wife is adamantly against the second marriage, the husband should at least think really deeply about what he is doing.

Cool

finzyoj

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 08:02:38 AM

I sometimes don't understand why the people are inventing yet another problem for themselves.

The only possible reaction is "WHAT THE HELL???!! %) %) %) %)"
He entered that kind of situation the he should resolve it as well Cheesy What a big trouble! He is already aware that his prospective second wife came from the other country and knew that it will cause him trouble yet he continued. Like what on the articles says, "Being on the other country doesn't waive her right for demanding an overnight stay".  If he really want a second wife, he should do whatever it takes ~ even if he needs to travel more often or relocate her second wife near in his place.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 08:38:42 AM

^^^ A husband and wife are supposed to be one. Therefore it is only right that they talk things our ahead of time. If the wife is adamantly against the second marriage, the husband should at least think really deeply about what he is doing.

Cool

Indeed. Having a second wife is morally and spiritually wrong. You cannot do what you want in life as you are already bound with your wife, it is your duty to make her happy to be a good role model father to your child, a law abiding citizen and a good disciple of the Lord.
ewaspiro

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 08:43:17 AM

One thing is what you believe, and another what society  expects of you based on your environment.

Its like eating a cookie and still want to own one. You have to stand for what path you take in life.

Catholic priests used to be allowed to marry a woman in the middle ages, but the pope wanted the church
To keep more control over their priests, so it was forbidden.

Now there is saying in bible a priest cannot marry, but imagine the outrage if he marries two or three.

Then we have another salt to the equation, transgender, or gender corrected humans, I guess the holy bible do not mention that but the society expects you to act in a certain way.

What if a transgender want to be a priest, or can you marry a man who was born a "woman" in biological sense?

If I dont reply to your PM means I dont want to have you send me more PMs
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 03:23:18 PM

^^^ A husband and wife are supposed to be one. Therefore it is only right that they talk things our ahead of time. If the wife is adamantly against the second marriage, the husband should at least think really deeply about what he is doing.

Cool

Indeed. Having a second wife is morally and spiritually wrong. You cannot do what you want in life as you are already bound with your wife, it is your duty to make her happy to be a good role model father to your child, a law abiding citizen and a good disciple of the Lord.

Since nothing is perfect in this life, there will come circumstances where it is better to have more than one wife... and maybe in the case of women, more than one husband.

The whole, basic, underlying idea behind marriage is to take care of the children in the best way. There might be circumstances of life that make more than one spouse to be the best way.

HOWEVER, in standard operations in life, the best way is one-to-one. If more help is needed, get two or more one-to-one families together to help each other.

Cool

akram143

Activity: 1106
Merit: 166

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 06:27:46 PM

I am not sure it is allowed in bible but if someone capable of managing double expenses then there will be no problem with it even for their wives. Grin

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 07:14:18 PM

I am not sure it is allowed in bible but if someone capable of managing double expenses then there will be no problem with it even for their wives. Grin

Right! I bet there are hundreds of women who would willingly be a co-wife of, say, Elon Musk, if they knew that they were going to get a bunch of money out of it. And they would be willing to play the part, even if they didn't like him much.

Solomon said, Ecclesiastes 7: 27-29:
27“Look,” says the Teacher, “this is what I have discovered:

“Adding one thing to another to discover the scheme of things—

28while I was still searching

but not finding—

I found one upright man among a thousand,

but not one upright woman among them all.

29This only have I found:

God created mankind upright,

but they have gone in search of many schemes.”
This from a guy who had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

Cheesy

akram143

Activity: 1106
Merit: 166

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 01:59:42 PM

Right! I bet there are hundreds of women who would willingly be a co-wife of, say, Elon Musk, if they knew that they were going to get a bunch of money out of it. And they would be willing to play the part, even if they didn't like him much.

Solomon said, Ecclesiastes 7: 27-29:
27“Look,” says the Teacher, “this is what I have discovered:

“Adding one thing to another to discover the scheme of things—

28while I was still searching

but not finding—

I found one upright man among a thousand,

but not one upright woman among them all.

29This only have I found:

God created mankind upright,

but they have gone in search of many schemes.”
This from a guy who had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

Cheesy
Its not deniable fact that women were money hunting whores.

There is a saying "there will be a woman behind every successful man" this is because they only run with the successful man,will divorce if he is in poor but there will be few exceptions. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: