Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:20:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello All from Jersey!  (Read 465 times)
aquariuz23 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:35:27 PM

Hello everyone! Aquariuz23 here from the Jersey side of the USA! Cheesy Hope all is well with all of you Smiley New to the scene and even newer to the Bitcoin rush. I'm an IT Tech/PC Gamer who's just trying to see if I can make a few bucks on this Bitcoin/Litecoin adventure with whatever hardware I have on me. Unfortunately, my hardware is not the best to go mining for bitcoins, as I only have Nvidia cards on me (a GTX 590, GTS 450, and GTS 250). Other than for gaming, I had gone down the Nvidia route also due to my Folding@Home days back then. I'm not doing CPU mining since I know its yield is negligible for the power it consumes and heat it produces.

I have been reading around and it seems my luck in striking gold is very small now, especially with people running ASIC Miners or other dedicated mining hardware. Even if I switch my GPUs to AMD/ATI cards, it seems it will just increase the efficiency by a bit and not give me much of a better chance to earn a single BTC.

How about if I go down the Litecoin route? The rates aren't that great yet, but it seems to be more hardware friendly with what I have, and I can yield more LTC in a shorter period of time. Sure, my main goal is to make some bucks here and there, but I'd rather see that I've yielded something than nothing at all.

Any suggestions on what I should do to mine Litecoins? I had joined a couple of pools, such as wemineLTC.com, and tried mining using GUIMiner Scrypt. Is this the right thing for me to do or is there a better program (mining tool?) to use other than GUIMiner Scrypt or also a better pool to join to, if that's even a correct way of saying it.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated folks Smiley Anything to help me make it through all this lol.

Best regards,
Aquariuz23

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:51:03 PM

your late to the game, but if you in it for fun then i believe theres something called cudamining hanging aroun here somewhere which should give you a better mining speed but unless your getting free power you not going to make much ltc and the only way to make money in BTC is to sink a large sum of money its a few good very high powered ASICS

uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 01:46:39 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: