Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:52:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: POW or POS?  (Read 128 times)
serejandmyself (OP)

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 11:25:59 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 12:12:59 AM by serejandmyself

The account was hacked between 29.01.2018 and 04.02.2019. All posts made during this period were not made by me.

Please see this topic:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5106030.msg49582645#msg49582645

Game of Links

cyber~license©
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:44:36 PM

Proof of work is real problem for cryptocurrencies. Because mining requires so many power - it's can cause global warming. Iceland almost run out of power because of miners
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/12/iceland-set-use-energy-mining-bitcoin-powering-homes/
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 11:53:14 PM

Hey guys, just wonder whether your coin choice depends nowadays on mining ways? What would you choose POW based coins or POS? I personally like POS algorithm and stake some strat and nebl, what about you?

I myself am more interested in PoW because sometimes the tasks is clear there and also more convincing, for PoS own technique I think more like a lending program
Matrond

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:54:41 PM

I personally like Proof of Stake a lot more than Proof of Work. This is because PoS has the potential to reward many more individuals then PoW. It also requires the investor to put some 'skin' into the game which also helps the currencies market.

I just see PoW as a process which is environmentally damaging, too centralising and a plague on gamers who want to buy affordable GPUs :S.
mingbai8

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:38:36 AM

Is a very good consensus agreement, but now the most popular is DPOS.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:06:26 PM

I started with crypto 4 years ago, mining BTC.

Now, 90% of my assets are PoS with the exception of two ETH mining rigs.

PoS is a better solution for the home enthusiast, specially in countries where electricity is not for free.

Brothersav

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:38:37 PM

Hey guys, just wonder whether your coin choice depends nowadays on mining ways? What would you choose POW based coins or POS? I personally like POS algorithm and stake some strat and nebl, what about you?

Both 50/50 works for me. H.cash do this and it's great- a coin that's profitable for both the user and miner. Darico.io have a contract created that is an auto mining coin that generates coins for the user for 18 years. It's essentially a hybrid of pow and pos. worth a look (it's called a genesis account)

Andalin

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:50:19 PM

Both are good. i think POS is going to be more and more used over the next few years.
I still prefer POW because it is easier to switch coin.  Grin
Haley craft

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:55:24 PM

Both mechanisms are common, but I personally prefer POS mechanism, because POW mechanism requires a lot of energy, but in my opinion, expend so much energy to mining digital currency is meaningless, so I'm more bullish on the POS mechanism.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:00:52 PM

i don't choose coins based on their mining algorithm. i choose them based on what i want out of them. if it is more money then all of them are options since all of them can get pumped.
but if it is technology then the choice is a little harder because i have to study how they work and what they offer, as in features. but mining doesn't come in anywhere here.

although i should mention that when it comes to the distribution model that different coins choose i prefer PoW and mining reward with no premine, flash mine,... rather then the "rich become richer" model of PoS.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
m3mbr44n

Activity: 520
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:05:09 PM

I was wondering if there is anywhere a good explanation of the different POS-versions and their differences (need of 24/7 staking or not, etc.)?
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:25:26 PM

Well everyone had there chance to "prove there stake" in the few hundred year old stock marked.

How much unnecessary gold is mined, street lights, count the phones with silly or trolling post,  traffic lights slowing traffic at red pedestrian crossing no-one crossing, inefficient old appliances...................shit you could go on all day. Cars, man moving 10 times your body weight to go from A-B. Stop flying on holidays its wasting energy, dont shower unnecessary long, dont make color full clothes plain gray will do you are wast-full, dont go McDonalds, all the waste.... dont operate a bank with all the heating and lightning and moving money a to b.......
pow fastefull ?  Grin

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
I.Grozni

Activity: 588
Merit: 286

Coinomi multi-coin HD wallet

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:16:21 PM

It is commonly believed that POW consumes excessive energy. Many new altcoins use algorithms that do not consume too much energy, and many also use dualmining. The POW's advantage is that you invest in equipment that you can easily use for various coin mines, and you do not have to download several original wallets and complete block chains. You can also use a light wallet. POW coins immediately after they have been mined out, you can sell or exchange for another coin or FIAT money. POS requires you to use original wallets and download complete block chains. If you want to have a good day's profit you must also buy thousands of coins for the stake. You can not touch them in the meantime because you will not get your profit. POS coins are not flexible and you can not manipulate them in so many ways as with POW coins. My voice goes to POW.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:19:40 PM

PoW is fine when a coin is just getting up and running, but it surely can't be a final state for big coins.
So yes I definitely do take this into account when looking at coins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: