Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:46:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you Bitcoin people like North Korea?  (Read 9174 times)
viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:21:40 PM

This is an evil country.

No more words needed to describe it.

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:13:23 PM

This is an evil country.

Just out of interest, how do you know?

Vires in numeris
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 11:33:46 PM

It's really interesting what can be done where something you know really well is cast in the most ugly and unflattering light, this Propaganda! film proves it rather concerningly. Of course, it does what it says on the tin, it's a propagandised view. But it's very close to the truth of the prevalent culture and society in the West, the majority of people do fall for all this bs at least at some point of their lives, and some never figure the manipulations out. Still not moving to North Korea any time soon, though.

Just watched Propaganda!, it is not what I was expecting, I know it's a mock documentary, but I actually agree with a LOT of things in there, a lot!

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 11:58:19 PM

It's really interesting what can be done where something you know really well is cast in the most ugly and unflattering light, this Propaganda! film proves it rather concerningly. Of course, it does what it says on the tin, it's a propagandised view. But it's very close to the truth of the prevalent culture and society in the West, the majority of people do fall for all this bs at least at some point of their lives, and some never figure the manipulations out. Still not moving to North Korea any time soon, though.

Just watched Propaganda!, it is not what I was expecting, I know it's a mock documentary, but I actually agree with a LOT of things in there, a lot!

And of course, it's a deliberately 100% cynical view of the West, made by a westerner. I saw an interview with the guy who made it, and he started out wondering which country he was going to pretend it was coming from: Cuba, Iran or North Korea. He reasoned that North Korea was best, as no-one can reliably prove what the North Koreans do or don't think about any of this stuff. He mostly guessed about alot of things. The writer said his next project is to try and get into to North Korea, show the film to people and then ask them if it's accurate!

Vires in numeris
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:15:56 AM

And of course, it's a deliberately 100% cynical view of the West, made by a westerner. I saw an interview with the guy who made it, and he started out wondering which country he was going to pretend it was coming from: Cuba, Iran or North Korea. He reasoned that North Korea was best, as no-one can reliably prove what the North Koreans do or don't think about any of this stuff. He mostly guessed about alot of things. The writer said his next project is to try and get into to North Korea, show the film to people and then ask them if it's accurate!

He done a very nice job, I was hoping to give a few laughs but it's not one of those mock documentaries.

Can you point to the interview?

I think people in North Korea don't know about reality shows and western celebrities and much of history, but let's see if the guy gets in there and grabs some testimonies...

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:55:18 AM

He done a very nice job, I was hoping to give a few laughs but it's not one of those mock documentaries.

Can you point to the interview?

I think people in North Korea don't know about reality shows and western celebrities and much of history, but let's see if the guy gets in there and grabs some testimonies...

Is it really a good idea to show the Propaganda move in North Korea?  They already hate us so it would just be adding fuel to fire.  Chances are they would love it and start playing it.  More reasons they want to nuke us?  Ummmm.  Please don't.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:32:45 AM

This is an evil country.

If not, why do they forbid basically anyone of their people to leave the country on his own?

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 05:05:19 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 07:56:47 PM by chmod755

North Korea has been voted the most popular country in the world.

So please tell me, how do you Bitcoin people like North Korea?

Sincerely,
Supreme Leader of Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Kim Jong Un

It's known as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea or simply Korea - nobody in this country refers to it as 'North Korea'. You're not the real Kim Jong Un.

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:51:01 PM

Is it really a good idea to show the Propaganda move in North Korea?  They already hate us so it would just be adding fuel to fire.  Chances are they would love it and start playing it.  More reasons they want to nuke us?  Ummmm.  Please don't.

Yah, I don't think they hate us, it's a hostage situation there, like any other dictatorship, if they say they like something western they end up in the labor camps.

This is an evil country.

If not, why do they forbid basically anyone of their people to leave the country on his own?

And from speaking with South Koreans or any other tourists...

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:33:10 PM

This is an evil country.

But is it done for no other reason that the leadership are evil? I think not. Clearly they're being very controlling, but what's the reason for that? I suspect that "being evil" isn't even one of the reasons why the leadership have very tight controls in all sorts of areas.

Cite other North Korean government controls.

a) intended to be evil ? If not, what's the real intention?
b) even true at all? How do we know it's true, when the place is so strictly controlled?

Vires in numeris
RoadToHell

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:10:23 PM

This is an evil country.

But is it done for no other reason that the leadership are evil? I think not. Clearly they're being very controlling, but what's the reason for that? I suspect that "being evil" isn't even one of the reasons why the leadership have very tight controls in all sorts of areas.

b) even true at all? How do we know it's true, when the place is so strictly controlled?
It is the control and other actions that reveal the government as evil.  Intentions don't mean squat.

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:29:49 PM

This is an evil country.

It is the control and other actions that reveal the government as evil.  Intentions don't mean squat.

Yes they do, particularly if they achieve their aims. I'm not sure that you're imagining the fullest possible range of intentions here. How about: intending to preserve their society by way of aggressively removing any chance of outside influences? That's not control for it's own sake, or for some sadistic satisfaction, it's a very introspective and unambiguous way to keep external influences out. The Japanese did this for many centuries throughout the Middle Ages, until the West "liberated" them.

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: