Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:29:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: all finished  (Read 16562 times)
sakuleo

Activity: 324
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:51:15 AM

bitcoin is not a currency under US laws. then we can not ask a refound in these terms. better get equips (if we go to trial we get usd dollars less - lawyer paid Sad
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paulej

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 04:16:08 AM

bitcoin is not a currency under US laws. then we can not ask a refound in these terms. better get equips (if we go to trial we get usd dollars less - lawyer paid Sad

Since it is not a currency, then it can be treated like gold. Hash Fast said that guaranteed your "gold" and said they would return your "gold". In the postings, they made it very clear that you would not be out any BTC if they failed to ship by 12/31/2013.
pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:27:22 AM

My first move would be to wait for the advanced miners but since they can't be trusted to ship ever and since they're acting in such an unfriendly manner while displaying poor business acumen w/ shitty customer service, I'm all for nailing their asses to the wall and coughing up the 40%. At first this was all business but now it's personal. Offering someone a throwback usd value for something that is now effectively worth 5-7 times more is downright insulting. Holler if ya hear me!
  holla
3rac3

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:34:01 AM

I doubt that waldo will get the reply from all the shareholders but if we were to vote I vote #3.

Yeah, seems like a good idea. We could do a 3 day voting window. And then, based on participating users / or number of their shares, how we should proceed. Those who don't vote miss the fun.

The problem is that scamfast gave a deadline for deciding about USD refunds. Deadline expires today 
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:58:21 AM

The problem is that scamfast gave a deadline for deciding about USD refunds. Deadline expires today 

We never agreed to that or any other deadline, they are the ones that obligated themselves and missed the deadlines. If we accept their US$ refunds under their terms we are doomed - we reject the possibility of realistic refund and ever receiving the MPP. Why would we do such a thing?
3rac3

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:28:04 AM

We never agreed to that or any other deadline, they are the ones that obligated themselves and missed the deadlines. If we accept their US$ refunds under their terms we are doomed - we reject the possibility of realistic refund and ever receiving the MPP. Why would we do such a thing?

I really can't care less about what they say. I am just reminding what waldo wrote.

For the moment I doubt any MPP or timely delivery. I say let's sue them. Although it sure will require some time and energy from waldo (I guess?) and it pretty much depends on him if he will want to get into this.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:21:16 PM

I really can't care less about what they say. I am just reminding what waldo wrote.

For the moment I doubt any MPP or timely delivery. I say let's sue them. Although it sure will require some time and energy from waldo (I guess?) and it pretty much depends on him if he will want to get into this.

Really, who cares about an arbitrary deadline they set. They missed their promised delivery dates. They only want to lure people into giving in to their offer, so they're fine. IMO, ignoring their deadline wouldn't weaken our position in a court case.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:50:08 PM

To me, it seems like we have a pretty airtight case here. These fuckers are so far behind on delivery and AFAIK, the product hasn't been shown to work 100% for any significant stretch (if I'm wrong, I retract).
We already have a historical timeline to show what coinage we would've gotten had the damn things been delivered on time but even then, they might've went bust right out of the gate and we'd be stuck going back and forth with these guys and we'd still be in a similar situation as we're in right now. It's been nothing short of a comedy of errors on their behalf and I'm being fairly conservative with that description. I'd be willing to bet that if we (us and other customers in a mini class action) leaned on them heavy enough that they'd settle out of court and while we may not get our full coinage back, I bet we at least get USD X3. If not, go for the jugular.
LittleD

Activity: 560

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:02:53 PM

+1

Don't submit to their push to give you cash $$$ we are all losing BTC so... why not do something good and sue these people. We should all set an example to any ASIC company/Group Buy account holders to NOT mess with BTC customers (we should do the same thing to Butterfly Labs).

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
LittleD

Activity: 560

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:15:43 PM

I've been taking everyones expressed opinions..

Looks like the USD equivalent is a no go by everyone. The lawyer option is so so from my POV.

I have sent about 2-3 full btc refund requests a day to them w/o a response.

Personally, I also agree we do not need to give in to their BS deadlines of "reply by this date" etc.

Still, this does not give us a resolution or a decision on to where to go from here.. 

You should make a pole out of it and see what the vote say ?

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:51:57 PM

I've been taking everyones expressed opinions..

Looks like the USD equivalent is a no go by everyone. The lawyer option is so so from my POV.

I have sent about 2-3 full btc refund requests a day to them w/o a response.

Personally, I also agree we do not need to give in to their BS deadlines of "reply by this date" etc.

Still, this does not give us a resolution or a decision on to where to go from here.. 

I am sure if we try to search we can find some good lawyers. It's a decent amount of money to be made!
silajim

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:17:27 PM

Do we have some updates/news?
g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 07:54:45 AM

Welp- guess they are shipping out w/o letting customers know.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=425019.0

So does that mean in case they really ship that we'll get more miners because of the miner protection ??
Xeon

Activity: 239
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:16:05 AM

Welp- guess they are shipping out w/o letting customers know.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=425019.0

So does that mean in case they really ship that we'll get more miners because of the miner protection ??

I hope so.
pumawolf

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:33:07 PM

will we be expecting machines for this gb or the other options
pumawolf

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:04:22 AM

is this thread batch 1 or are there other batches mix in here as well
redtime

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:25:21 PM

sooo any update?
silajim

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:43:06 PM

UP!
pumawolf

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:15:15 AM

Nothing to update as of now- it seems they are shipping Batch 2 units but I haven't heard anything from HF regarding that yet.
so they didnt ship our gear?  what do we do if the gear gets to us before the lawsuit happens, are we just going with which ever comes first.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:46:02 AM

Nothing to update as of now- it seems they are shipping Batch 2 units but I haven't heard anything from HF regarding that yet.
so they didnt ship our gear?  what do we do if the gear gets to us before the lawsuit happens, are we just going with which ever comes first.

Gear won't get to us, Waldo asked for a refund almost two months ago without consulting us. It says in the opening post that he had to put that decision for a vote, but also says that he can change the terms of the opening post as he sees fit. You haven't (just like me) noticed that sentence in the fine print, and nobody bothered to quote the opening post for a reference. We are at the mercy of his judgment in this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: