Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:37:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Question  (Read 146 times)
TheBartender (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:32:27 AM

I'm monitoring and ICO that's been going on for a month and I have a couple of basic questions:

1. You have to use ETH to but this particular token. As the ICO goes on, the token price changes. I.E. for some people, they paid 0.30 cents a token but now ETH has dropped and they are paying 0.20 cents. Is that better or worse?

2. When you make the purchase in the ICO, doesn't it lock-in the price? Or will it fluctuate until the end of the ICO and THEN execute the purchase. I.E. it doesn't matter what you paid at the time, it matters what you paid at the conclusion of the ICO?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:28:49 AM

I'm monitoring and ICO that's been going on for a month and I have a couple of basic questions:

1. You have to use ETH to but this particular token. As the ICO goes on, the token price changes. I.E. for some people, they paid 0.30 cents a token but now ETH has dropped and they are paying 0.20 cents. Is that better or worse?

2. When you make the purchase in the ICO, doesn't it lock-in the price? Or will it fluctuate until the end of the ICO and THEN execute the purchase. I.E. it doesn't matter what you paid at the time, it matters what you paid at the conclusion of the ICO?

1.  Its the same.. throw out USD value when trading and only focus on BTC/ETH... sometimes you'll lose but more often you'll win.. if you're in the cryptocurrency game you should bet eth or btc will beat out USD and often if not all times they will.  Use the same philosophy when selling the token.. if you lose ETH comparitive value it was a bad trade.. gain ETH and it was a great trade.

2. Locks in the price.. again the USD fluctuation doesn't matter.. if its  3000/ETH it'ts 3000/ETH, regardless if eth goes up and down.. a lot of times early adopters will get bonuses for early participation but thats the only variance you will get.

wealthypioneers

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:59:28 AM

this is normal
TheBartender (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:04:54 PM

So essentially, I would get a certain amount of tokens. That's locked in at time I make the purchase. So if I bought 2 ETH worth to get 2000 tokens, it's still 2 ETH and 2000 tokens no matter what.

What I'm confusing myself with is the exchange, which in general is relevant but not necessarily right here. I guess I'm speaking out loud and answering my own question now. That makes sense as the number of tokens is the same it's just the price of ETH vs USD that is fluctuating.
wandino

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:47:24 PM

A lot of it depends on the market influence of coin value
Ahmad Raditya

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

"PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM"

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:30:51 PM

Of the few companies that hold ICO mostly use smart contract from Ethereum, this underlies the use of ETH as a means of payment but does not rule out the company also receives the other currency crypto. For changes in ETH exchange rates against fiat  is common in the cryptocurrency market. It is also a purchasing strategy to watch out for.

Thank you

╰ ╰ ╰   PlayHall ╯ ╯ ╯              ● JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! PLAYHALL.IO ●  ╰ FACEBOOK ╯| | ╰ TELEGRAM ╯| | ╰ TWITTER ╯ | | ╰ MEDIUM
REDDIT ╯| | ╰ THREAD
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:02:28 PM

don't be so mysterious and tell us what ICO are you monitoring in order to help you and answer you question.

Generally ICO are a world a part and you never know  how market will react and accept the token/coin
ICO are for this reason more risky and  a lot of times the token goes down the inicial price.
If you are a long therm holder you don't give a s**t but if you hae bought the token for speculation sometimes you have to wait a  lot of time to get money back

DYOR always before buying a ICO and as I said before it depends from your purpose....

Don’t put any money into bitcoin that you can’t afford to lose. Ask veterans!
Nagricoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 05:30:33 PM

As I know - some ICO has smart contract with calculation of tokens amount at the end of ICO.
But it any case - this is risk, same as IPO - you never know - how much will be cost share after few month.
But usually if you buy tokens at the start of ICO - you get some bonus. And this can compensate some part of currency fluctuate.

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: