Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:36:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTENTION clueless noobs/btct "investors"  (Read 2997 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:20:12 PM

This is actually the important point. There still exists a contingent of people “investing” who’d be best served by taking their BTC capital whatever it is, depositing with just-dice (which is provably fair!), fixing their desired rate of return to whatever they consider reasonable and pushing the button.

Yes they will eventually lose the capital. That is EXACTLY what will happen on all the various PMBs, “crowdfinance”, “assets”, “securities” and assorted scams out there that they patronise. The only notable difference is that just-dice takes 1% on the long term, whereas the troop of scammers take whatever they can get, probably about 30% or so net average overall.

Rather than trying to “invest” with some dead in the water t-shirt manufacturer or zero-hash waste heat producer or mentally-ill owned and operated Bitcoin merchant or “lend” with BitJam or “trade” with Bitfinex or what have you, the forum muppetry would obtain much better results simply rolling for it.

The only criteria they use are the rate of return, the only thing that interests them is for the intervals to be as short as possible (what monthly reports, weekly is too long for these people, they literally have the unchecked insanity to propose someone calculate the books daily and post their “winnings”). That’s pretty much the extent of this magical “research” they do, that’s their “due dilligence”. Why bother then with an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a dice site ? Why feed the scammers ? Just roll for it! Want 5% “interest” ? Want 3.5% “dividends” ? Load a Bitcoin or whatever you’re “investing” into the dice site and roll for it. Your capital will on average survive for longer this way than your “invested” “portofolio” that you’re “managing” would have. And you don’t even have to wait, you can click the button for a new “dividend” period as soon as you’re ready to see the results.

I’m not even kidding.

Source.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:56:10 PM

For those who don't want to read that crap:

Its better to bet on just-dice than to invest in any stocks not available MPEx. The title has nothing to do with the text.
timewaster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:09:16 PM

Its better to bet on just-dice than to invest in any stocks not available MPEx

That part wasn't actually specified. Some might even argue they fall into the "mentally-ill owned and operated Bitcoin merchant" category.
JuenoMT

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Founder of The Bit Bit Forum

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 11:09:25 PM

MPOE-PR is the clueless one. Now if she had said it would be better to give to charity, I'd have nothing to say. Considering who she works for and how she denigrates people, I guess you should expect her to favor lining the pockets of greedy gambling operators who take advantage of people who may have an addiction, over helping the poor.

Besides, her motives are highly suspect. This all smacks of an industry that is just trying to shutout newcomers and protect it's own territory.

I think its way past time to just ignore MPOE-PR and her senseless drivel.

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:25:26 PM

... and how she denigrates people,...

Those people are niggardly.  They deserve denigration! Angry
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:40:49 PM

Its better to bet on just-dice than to invest in any stocks not available MPEx. The title has nothing to do with the text.

Yeah, yeah. So long as you choose to imagine what you want to read is what's written rather than actually make the effort to read and understand, you'll be worse off, with no one to blame but yourself. Just sayin'.

MPOE-PR is the clueless one. Now if she had said it would be better to give to charity, I'd have nothing to say. Considering who she works for and how she denigrates people, I guess you should expect her to favor lining the pockets of greedy gambling operators who take advantage of people who may have an addiction, over helping the poor.

Besides, her motives are highly suspect. This all smacks of an industry that is just trying to shutout newcomers and protect it's own territory.

I think its way past time to just ignore MPOE-PR and her senseless drivel.

Charity? Are we on the philanthropy boards or on the securities forum of btctalk? If you're into charity, by all means go work on that. Why are you on a bitcoin forum sporting a minefield betting game in your sig while yipping about "gambling greed" and labeling logical, honest ideas you won't or possibly can't read "senseless"?

Pick a line.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:57:59 PM

Man it sure sucks that I see every thread made by MPOE even though he has been on my ignore list since forever. The real "ATTENTION clueless noobs" here is that MPOE is some guy pretending to be a girl representing his "company" which is listed on an exchange that has a graphical interface from the year 1998.
JuenoMT

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Founder of The Bit Bit Forum

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 12:15:24 AM

I figured you wouldn't miss that little fact in my signature and you responded just as I predicted. You make to many assumptions, I never said I was against gambling. I was only commenting on your preference, I guess you missed the main point, which is something I also predicted. Your not so hard to read at all. Your reaction only proves my point, so I guess I should thank you for that. But I wont.

I have read many of your posts, and the way you talk to people is deplorable. That's really why I posted here. Someone needs to stand up to you and tell you how horrible your behavior is. The only thing you find important is your own opinion. Sorry to tell you this, but most people don't think you opinion is as important as you do. And just so that you know, I figure because you think it's OK to offer your opinion to others without being asked too and to be exceedingly rude about it, it must be OK for me as well. So you don't really have much room to complain. How does your own medicine taste? A little foul? And to think, my language is far tamer than yours and it still stings.

Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:23:36 AM

More it is better to gamble on provably fair things explained to you like a five year old than to "invest"/gamble on things you don't care to understand.

Man it sure sucks that I see every thread made by MPOE even though he has been on my ignore list since forever. The real "ATTENTION clueless noobs" here is that MPOE is some guy pretending to be a girl representing his "company" which is listed on an exchange that has a graphical interface from the year 1998.

MP is the man with the harem behind the curtain, MPOE is the bot, MPEX is the exchange, and MPOE-PR is the girl hired because MP hates forums.

The website seems it is designed rather specifically to keep the ill informed and easily intimidated away.

pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:53:37 AM

More it is better to gamble on provably fair things explained to you like a five year old than to "invest"/gamble on things you don't care to understand.

MP is the man with the harem behind the curtain, MPOE is the bot, MPEX is the exchange, and MPOE-PR is the girl hired because MP hates forums.

The website seems it is designed rather specifically to keep the ill informed and easily intimidated away.
And you're the president of the MP-fanboi club?
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:02:56 AM

His exchange is so illogical and anti-business it makes me laugh every time I see it. Most funny is that he takes pride in no one using his shitty platform. So much common sense.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:28:53 AM

I figured you wouldn't miss that little fact in my signature and you responded just as I predicted. You make to many assumptions, I never said I was against gambling. I was only commenting on your preference, I guess you missed the main point, which is something I also predicted. Your not so hard to read at all. Your reaction only proves my point, so I guess I should thank you for that. But I wont.

I have read many of your posts, and the way you talk to people is deplorable. That's really why I posted here. Someone needs to stand up to you and tell you how horrible your behavior is. The only thing you find important is your own opinion. Sorry to tell you this, but most people don't think you opinion is as important as you do. And just so that you know, I figure because you think it's OK to offer your opinion to others without being asked too and to be exceedingly rude about it, it must be OK for me as well. So you don't really have much room to complain. How does your own medicine taste? A little foul? And to think, my language is far tamer than yours and it still stings.

Who the fuck are you and what are you on about?!

His exchange is so illogical and anti-business it makes me laugh every time I see it. Most funny is that he takes pride in no one using his shitty platform. So much common sense.

In three sentences explain what your connection to business is. Also, before BTCT was invented, MPEx had already made more in fees than your collective investment capital.

Capitalism Prevails

Activity: 137

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:43:53 AM

I really wish i could down vote MPOE-PR on this site.

BTC:  1KX3MSyeHoubjvRMvkc4DXBXvEx9fr9cvV                              Strength In Numbers
LTC:  LaGawfU1ZJu33Lj6CX6NJ5WXWsfjPbLLLW                          In Cryptography We Trust
NMC:  N5EUwGbCNF1AYmZqNu9J7aYJVKxqbJoJG8          Cut Off One Node, Two More Will Take Its Place
Peter Lambert

Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:54:52 PM

While MPOE-PR's tone is often grating, she speaks wisdom more often than not. There are many scams haunting this forum, and it is good to have somebody pointing them out.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 07:04:10 PM

While MPOE-PR's tone is often grating, she speaks wisdom more often than not. There are many scams haunting this forum, and it is good to have somebody pointing them out.

Its funny to read that warning from someone with that Trustrating... Smiley
mpoe-pr is a man in fact. There is no woman involved. Its his virtual secretary.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:12:23 PM

Its funny to read that warning from someone with that Trustrating... Smiley
mpoe-pr is a man in fact. There is no woman involved. Its his virtual secretary.

The poor quality of your trust list reflects the general insanity of the alternate reality you inhabit.

I know it's hard to digest that there exists someone who told you you were stupid long before anyone else seems to have figured out. Don't hold it against me, it's not that I'm the first that noticed, I'm just the first that bothered to say something. I know it's unfair, and that on the internet nobody is supposed to know you're retarded or a dog, but you make it too easy. It's not the internet: it's you.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 08:43:08 PM

*lol* Somehow i must have angried you. Its some time since i read such a tirade that not even includes any fact besides ranting and naming.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:28:56 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 06:59:48 AM by freedomno1

Ah I enjoy the forums  Wink got to love MP

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
BitHub

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:33:07 AM

The Chelsea Manning of the BTC world strikes again. Why is MP such a negative nancy. I hope he finds true love someday. I feel your pain MP but try and stay positive please?

<3 u
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: