Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:34:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reactions to Caitie Lustig's (UC Irvine PhD student, California, USA) survey  (Read 3170 times)
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 03:50:42 PM

Took it the other day. Thanks for the effort. Looking forward to your findings.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Black Arrow

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:26:43 PM

I don't usually take the time to participate in surveys, but FWIW I think this one was very well-thought out. I'm interested in the results and I hope she gets a lot of responses.
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:17:52 AM

I took the survey and as mentioned above, I never take surveys.
RoadToHell

Activity: 260

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 03:43:33 AM

Took the survey - Looking forward to seeing the results!

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:22:26 AM

-> Ms Lustig

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 09:47:22 AM

<
^

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 10:45:27 AM

Xpost

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
coin.cat

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:43:30 PM

I've just completed the review.

Caitie: I would like to know all the details of your research and ask if there is an opportunity for collaboration.

Barcelona Bitcoin Community: http://meetup.com/bitcoin-barcelona
                                                                        BM-2cUJchq3LjbqBzw8X854CBVZ2feJc7dyR9
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 02:09:54 PM

I filled out the survey to help with research but I feel that the questions are leaning towards the amateurish, a bit sporadic and not very well thought out. It is a good start but I am not sure what kind of data she will be able to extrapolate from this.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
imperial (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:48:31 PM

I filled out the survey to help with research but I feel that the questions are leaning towards the amateurish, a bit sporadic and not very well thought out. It is a good start but I am not sure what kind of data she will be able to extrapolate from this.

I agree with this. Unfortunately it would be prohibitive to get people to take a longer, more in-depth survey without some sort of compensation. And I would imagine that the Bitcoin community is not large enough to trust any online survey too much and very few of us would participate in in-person surveys where they can ensure that each person gives only one set of responses.

As to her academic uses of this, who knows. Online anything/social media are very new fields and I imagine the grades and research expectations are curved to accommodate that.

What is important is that there is more work in the public sphere that makes Bitcoin more normal in the eyes of the uninitiated. This is just one step in that direction. Maybe the results get published and hit Google. Maybe 6 months later some writer trying to find a story to sell reads the survey results, then contacts Ms. Lustig. And we get an opinion being considered that is more informed than so many of the morons currently opining on Bitcoin (...how many articles did you read about a BTC crash after S.R. was taken down?). This is still the beginning. The potential of Bitcoin will only be realized when there is sufficient awareness, knowledge, and accessibility.

P.S. To goxed: Lame dude. No one cares what anyone looks like. When you do stuff like that you seem childish. Of all the things online about her, you decided her picture was the most interesting to share, not her past research, not something that you think explains her intent here, not anything that matters at all.
clustig

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:58:34 PM

Hey everyone,

Just to let you know, I'll be closing the survey to new responses at the end of the day (12:00 AM PST).  After that I'll start doing some analysis and will report back here with some preliminary findings!

Thanks,

Caitie
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:49:54 PM

Hey everyone,

Just to let you know, I'll be closing the survey to new responses at the end of the day (12:00 AM PST).  After that I'll start doing some analysis and will report back here with some preliminary findings!

Thanks,

Caitie

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll take a few minutes and fill it out.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:45:03 AM

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Caitie

Alright, great, I'm looking forward to the analysis. I'd imagine that most people who filled in the survey are reasonably balanced people, politically and geographically diverse... but hey, no point in me trying to guess the findings!

Good luck with it all.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: