Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:31:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nominate treasurers for OurAsic.  (Read 1674 times)
OurAsic (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:11:30 AM

As discussed in the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295168.0, OurAsic is going to design and manufacture a community supported 28nm ASIC for bitcoin mining. This thread is for nomination treasurers. Anyone can nominate a willing community member with a rating of 3 stars "Full Members" and over. You can also self nominate. After 3 days, we will create a poll, where every member can vote for up to 10 nominees. 10 nominees getting top votes will be selected.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:17:06 AM

Josh and Yifu...

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
A Meteorite

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 01:36:53 AM

Josh and Yifu...
You better mention that's a joke. Grin

John K, dooglus, and CoinHoarder (unknown if latter two would be willing - I'm sure John K would be though).

BTC: 1MeTeorfxZNsY6gJDBtrF8JA8KEv6SKGUmLTC: Lejxgou6hUkjupF6RoruxJGG9AQ7t3ovYt
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 01:43:54 AM

If by treasurer you mean the guy holding the community's bitcoins, it doesn't make sense to go with anyone but john. His security is tried and tested and has been for years, he is a brand and one of the pillars of this community.

superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:07:37 AM

second josh and yifu + pirateat40 when he's not too busy

ok
bit_wizard

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:31:47 AM

I nominate myself thank you.
Vote for me!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 07:37:10 AM

This seems kind of sleazy, even scammy, somehow.

The referenced thread seems to show there is community support.

So now this attempt to sucker respected members of the community into manipulating the community's money - assuming the community does by this trick get sucked into putting in money at all - on behalf of this imagined entity "OurAsic". which appears to be basically a sockpuppet / scam-account or somesuch yet presumably will be telling the "treasurers" what to do with the money.

Does this kind of smell bad to anyone else?

(Community supported against the community's will? What the?)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
eestimees

Activity: 651

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:38:47 AM

nothing personal, but i think there should be also an age limit... it might be silly to assume, but i'd like to belive that with age there comes experience, and that is what i think we need as well, life experience, business experience. you know there is a reason why youngsters can not become the president (et least in our country)..

just my thoughts...

eestimees
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 07:40:17 AM

Yeah well part of the reason for using a sockpuppet might be not only to try to create some "excuse" for no relevant linked-in etc profiles showing experience in the field, relevant skills and so on, but to try to conceal that the reason the whole scheme seems so sophomoric is due to its being come up with by a 12 year old...

Maybe with the emotional maturity of a two year old - "I don't care that it is doomed, I gonna do it anyway, its not my money so I don't care"...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 09:23:14 AM

I nominate myself thank you.
Vote for me!

Smiley
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 12:24:46 PM

First, you would need to involve people who did open source FPGAs.

You're starting with the money.  I think you first need a solution.  If it is suppose to be an open source project, you don't need money at this stage.
Create environment were ideas/solutions can be shared (hint: github), get the right technical people interested and you might achieve this.

Starting with the money is the wrong way to go.  Most people who contributed to open source did so not for the money.

Once there is a viable open source solution, money will flow hand over fist.

IMHO,
af_newbie

EDIT: Oops, I just saw your profile.  Well, never mind.

candoo

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:36:22 PM

me me me!

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 03:41:11 PM

This seems kind of sleazy, even scammy, somehow.

The referenced thread seems to show there is community support.

So now this attempt to sucker respected members of the community into manipulating the community's money - assuming the community does by this trick get sucked into putting in money at all - on behalf of this imagined entity "OurAsic". which appears to be basically a sockpuppet / scam-account or somesuch yet presumably will be telling the "treasurers" what to do with the money.

Does this kind of smell bad to anyone else?

(Community supported against the community's will? What the?)

-MarkM-

It sounds kinda weird to me too. I nominate you to the board, for reals.

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:59:52 PM

If by treasurer you mean the guy holding the community's bitcoins, it doesn't make sense to go with anyone but john. His security is tried and tested and has been for years, he is a brand and one of the pillars of this community.

I would advise against a single guy for escrow.

Only bitcoin-savvy people will be on board, so why not use some form of distributed escrow, like casascius' approach:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129552

Also, if you use the distributed escrow, I'd be willing to be a "treasurer", just overseeing the process, not holding any funds.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
candoo

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:09:02 PM

Why  dont we use the 1BitcoinEater Adress? This would prevent any theft of coins. They can be held there forever & safe

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 11:22:46 PM

If need them held securely then I can be of assistance as well.  I already handle many coins for clients and have security and backup procedures in place.   

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:01:31 AM

Can I join? I've always wanted to do large escrows. I also nominate John K and DyslexicZombei.

DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:16:49 AM

Can I join? I've always wanted to do large escrows. I also nominate John K and DyslexicZombei.

Wow, Thanks Dabs!

Of course: I'm retaliating in kind.  Cheesy  Wink

If this motley band of do-gooders can actually get some traction I would accept a nomination. I made fun of them for vanishing by pulling the Kanye card, so it's only fair that I at least give them a shot if they really can get some momentum. I'm still doubtful but I'm open to being proven wrong by OurASIC.

If this really does goes anywhere: I nominate John K. and SebastianJu.

...and Dabs.  Grin
papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:27:44 AM

as i m willing to participate financially , i could be one of the treasurers but need more details on your exact plan

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:31:50 AM

Wow, Thanks Dabs!

Of course: I'm retaliating in kind.  Cheesy  Wink

If this motley band of do-gooders can actually get some traction I would accept a nomination. I made fun of them for vanishing by pulling the Kanye card, so it's only fair that I at least give them a shot if they really can get some momentum. I'm still doubtful but I'm open to being proven wrong by OurASIC.

If this really does goes anywhere: I nominate John K. and SebastianJu.

...and Dabs.  Grin
Thanks. I plan to live until a hundred. By then, there will be at least 20,999,919 bitcoins which is about 99.9996% of all bitcoins in existence.

The next decade will be interesting for sure.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: