Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:21:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin press hits, notable sources - discussion  (Read 1134 times)
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:56:30 AM

Many of us use the Bitcoin press thread to look for interesting reports on the latest news. It is exciting when there are newsworthy reports. Lately all I see anymore is just discussion and no actual news. I might find this interesting if the discussion was from Satoshi, Gavin or other such notable people, but all I see is opinions that do not belong on that thread. Let's keep the s/n ration clear on the news thread, please.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 04:43:11 AM

CBS news station KOLD in Tucson Arizona is currently showing a video commercial online for an upcoming TV story about Bitcoin that will air at their 10:00 news which starts about 20 minutes from now (10:00 PM Arizona time, 0500 UTC).  A video commercial is now visible on their website, as well as a prominent advertising blurb on the station's home page.

http://www.kold.com

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 04:46:26 AM

I wonder who the "bitcoin enthusiast" will be?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 04:58:00 AM

CBS news station KOLD in Tucson Arizona is currently showing a video commercial online for an upcoming TV story about Bitcoin that will air at their 10:00 news which starts about 20 minutes from now (10:00 PM Arizona time, 0500 UTC).  A video commercial is now visible on their website, as well as a prominent advertising blurb on the station's home page.

http://www.kold.com

i can't find it. could you please post a link directly to the page about the upcoming TV story about Bitcoin

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 05:09:43 AM

its on the front page...look at the banner plastered over the front page, the one about how you can send money anywhere

link for live stream is below it

hasn't yet aired as of this posting

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 05:20:09 AM

its on the front page...look at the banner plastered over the front page, the one about how you can send money anywhere

I can't see it...

(BFL)^2 < 0
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 05:23:37 AM

It has finished...perhaps check the kold.com website some time later when it's posted as a regular news story...it was like 5-6 mins long and turned out well I think

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 05:37:53 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2011, 05:58:18 AM by deepceleron

I captured the news story:

http://youtu.be/peYNk3njNnQ

(It looks like flash embedding is disabled in the forum, they should get rid of the flash tool button...)
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 06:07:12 AM

Me, of course

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 06:11:36 AM

I captured the news story:

http://youtu.be/peYNk3njNnQ

(It looks like flash embedding is disabled in the forum, they should get rid of the flash tool button...)

You ought to go after the 15 second commercial that appears in their Facebook page (search "KOLD 13") as well

deltanine

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 06:54:44 AM

Me, of course

Great job!

Freedom is a state of mind, and then Bitcoin comes along.....
-S4VV4S
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: