Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:19:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Five reasons 2018 could be the best year yet for cryptocurrencies.  (Read 1610 times)
Marivic13

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:03:31 PM

Hosp has explained before why a potential cryptocurrency bubble could burst in 2018, but there are several factors that make him see upside potential in the space.

For bitcoin, the most important cryptocurrency by his estimation, he sees a 150 percent potential upside for 2018.

Taking into account several factors, the cryptocurrency market's upside potential could rise to up to seven or eight times present levels, he says.

1. The work on scaling issues
2. Large scale and more legitimate ICOs
3. Regulation
4. A lot of execution and usability
5. Institutional investors

For more info or details heres the link.
https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/02/23/bitcoin-ethereum-other-cryptocurrency-five-positive-factors-for-2018.html

I think this is reasonable.

I think number two is the one the best i choose. Becuase if ico become a legit in any country, more people accepting bitcoin.  And if more people accepting bitcoin the value of bitcoin will grow and more. Some expert say bitcoin will become 100.000 $ in december 2018. So thay good

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:04:27 PM

2018 might be a good year for some of the major altcoins, but I have my doubts about the performance of Bitcoin. Two of the major things Bitcoin needs to address is transaction speeds and fees. I have read articles about many businesses that have stopped accepting Bitcoin because of how volitile the price is on a minute-by-minute basis. It makes sense to me too. There is always a risk that by the time a transaction for a product has been made and the Bitcoin subsequently traded for dollars that the value has gone down and the merchant ends up losing money. I think now more than ever what Bitcoin needs is stability in its "value". I feel bad for the poor bastards who invested their life savings in Bitcoin when it surged to $20k just to have it shed over half its value in a matter of days. That may not be much to cry about for the Winklevoss twins, but for the common hard working man or woman, that must have really hurt.

burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:28:06 PM

The good news that I have seen so far this year is that the full acceptance of Korea in bitcoin and they have added it in the market just like in USA, hoping that some countries will also follow this footsteps and if this happens then for sure the demand for cryptocurrency will blast and will create a great price.
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:47:54 PM

The darkest hour is just before the dawn, it's gonna be a very good year for cryptocurrencies. Even though there are so many things on the way yet, but the future is clear. Bitcoin could repeat the 2017 scenerio and hit another massive all time high. With the adoptability and increasing usability, it all points to the fact that we are moving up soon.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:53:26 PM

2018 might be a good year for some of the major altcoins, but I have my doubts about the performance of Bitcoin. Two of the major things Bitcoin needs to address is transaction speeds and fees.
Segwit has been doing an amazing job in getting the fees to decrease immensely, combined with the insanely low number of unconfirmed transactions. At this point a few cents in fees are enough to get your transaction confirmed within two blocks. If you want to spend plenty of outputs at once for a tiny fee, then this is the time to do it. If you follow LN (definitely do so if you haven't been following it yet) then you'll understand how fees, confirmation times, transaction processing, will no longer form a limiting factor.

I think now more than ever what Bitcoin needs is stability in its "value".
It would certainly be helpful at a later stage, but the volatility in current years is what makes Bitcoin attract capital.

I feel bad for the poor bastards who invested their life savings in Bitcoin when it surged to $20k just to have it shed over half its value in a matter of days. That may not be much to cry about for the Winklevoss twins, but for the common hard working man or woman, that must have really hurt.
I don't feel the same. This isn't a playing ground. It's probably one of the most brutal markets out there. If you don't understand how this market works, and don't have a clue about what Bitcoin is or does, you are bound to lose big time. It's called gambling if you blindly put your money into something hoping that it will result in profits.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:26:03 PM

Hosp has explained before why a potential cryptocurrency bubble could burst in 2018, but there are several factors that make him see upside potential in the space.

For bitcoin, the most important cryptocurrency by his estimation, he sees a 150 percent potential upside for 2018.

Taking into account several factors, the cryptocurrency market's upside potential could rise to up to seven or eight times present levels, he says.

1. The work on scaling issues
2. Large scale and more legitimate ICOs
3. Regulation
4. A lot of execution and usability
5. Institutional investors

For more info or details heres the link.
https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/02/23/bitcoin-ethereum-other-cryptocurrency-five-positive-factors-for-2018.html

I think this is reasonable.
I have seen a repeat of price pattern on most of the coins and tokens this year like last year. Bitcoin is going to do very well this year like last year and I have not seen any major issues that is going to limit Bitcoin price as many speculators are saying. This time last year many are saying that Bitcoin is not going to cross  $1,000 and we were having a lot of speculations that Bitcoin is not going to cross $1,000 and Bitcoin is going to stay below  $1,000 for the rest of 2017 but we can all see the great movement Bitcoin has made in 2017. In this year 2018 we are going to have great price fluctuations and bullish market that is going to push Bitcoin over $40,000.
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:31:10 PM

I don't feel the same. This isn't a playing ground. It's probably one of the most brutal markets out there. If you don't understand how this market works, and don't have a clue about what Bitcoin is or does, you are bound to lose big time. It's called gambling if you blindly put your money into something hoping that it will result in profits.

I get what you're saying, but in my opinion, it is just as risky to invest in the stock market if you don't know what you're doing. The main difference is that there are plenty of investment firms out there, such as TD Ameritrade and Fidelity, where people get paid to invest your money on your behalf. Bitcoin doesn't have that yet. I do agree with you that people who know nothing about Bitcoin and have pipe dreams of investing a few thousand dollars and becoming millionaires over night should not be taking this risk.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:52:56 PM

I get what you're saying, but in my opinion, it is just as risky to invest in the stock market if you don't know what you're doing. The main difference is that there are plenty of investment firms out there, such as TD Ameritrade and Fidelity, where people get paid to invest your money on your behalf. Bitcoin doesn't have that yet. I do agree with you that people who know nothing about Bitcoin and have pipe dreams of investing a few thousand dollars and becoming millionaires over night should not be taking this risk.

Well stock market's been here for ages already compared to cryptomarket which, at more or less 10years, is likely just moving away from infancy. People who have an idea or is educated in stock market trading have a very good chance of getting the knack out of btc trading easily. Bottom line is that you don't go to a gunfight not aware if you have sufficient bullets or not

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:04:11 PM

I get what you're saying, but in my opinion, it is just as risky to invest in the stock market if you don't know what you're doing.
Investing without any prior research and understanding of the market in question is always risky. Investing without risk doesn't exist.

The main difference is that there are plenty of investment firms out there, such as TD Ameritrade and Fidelity, where people get paid to invest your money on your behalf.
In most cases wealthy retired individuals follow that route in order to gain some form of annual interest over their capital. I personally have nothing against it if others are doing it, but I will never allow anyone to invest the money I worked my entire life for. The easiest way to make money is never a way to actually become wealthy.

Bitcoin doesn't have that yet.
We're getting there already. I am not exactly sure which firm it was, but I have seen coverage on TV where that firm has explained to invest in crypto on behalf of those who find it too risky to get involved in themselves. I think it's just a matter of time before this will expand further, where at some point even banks might get involved in this. Financial institutions are holding back due to the lack of actual regulations.
kingkonjac

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:24:19 PM

in my opinion if somehow regulations would come the price of btc would stabilize and volatility would be reduced because the manipulation, pump and dump of coins would have a control.

Danu26

Activity: 273

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:30:32 PM

I hope it will be a good year for cryptocurrency! The beginning of the year not very successful and caused a lot of panic, but I think closer to the middle of the year things will get better!
hopefully this year is a good year in the crypto world. although bitcoin prices dropped significantly earlier in the month and made investors panic, but now the bitcoin is starting to improve. I'm sure sooner or later the bitcoin will regain steady and soar again.

>        MFCHAIN        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
<MFCHAIN.COM> <WHITEPAPER>                        <TELEGRAM> <YOUTUBE>
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:39:18 PM

Well stock market's been here for ages already compared to cryptomarket which, at more or less 10years, is likely just moving away from infancy. People who have an idea or is educated in stock market trading have a very good chance of getting the knack out of btc trading easily. Bottom line is that you don't go to a gunfight not aware if you have sufficient bullets or not
Yes you are right, this year ahead is one of the best year since we all know that a lot of things happen this year. So for me we should invest as much as we can, hold as much as possible. Still, a lot of thing happen just like Japan starting regulating bitcoin, and Korea put bitcoin in their market which is a good thing.
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:37:59 PM

Investing without any prior research and understanding of the market in question is always risky. Investing without risk doesn't exist.

Truth.

In most cases wealthy retired individuals follow that route in order to gain some form of annual interest over their capital. I personally have nothing against it if others are doing it, but I will never allow anyone to invest the money I worked my entire life for. The easiest way to make money is never a way to actually become wealthy.

I do agree with you. However, those companies are in it to make money as well. They make money when we invest our money with them. It is in their best interest to ensure they invest our money wisely. Still, you do have a point that there is always a risk.

We're getting there already. I am not exactly sure which firm it was, but I have seen coverage on TV where that firm has explained to invest in crypto on behalf of those who find it too risky to get involved in themselves. I think it's just a matter of time before this will expand further, where at some point even banks might get involved in this. Financial institutions are holding back due to the lack of actual regulations.

That is interesting. Now that you mention it, I think I may have also read somewhere that cryptos will be or are already being traded on some commodities markets. I will have to look further into that.

XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:54:31 PM

You actually mentioned a very good reason that really has significant impact on crypto currency activities and i strongly believe that year 2018 will more better for crypto currency as compared to previous years.

Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:16:32 PM

Yup, scaling issues are one of the main problems now that does not allow to build cool complex apps that will be used by mass user.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:20:52 PM

I have read articles about many businesses that have stopped accepting Bitcoin because of how volitile the price is on a minute-by-minute basis. It makes sense to me too. There is always a risk that by the time a transaction for a product has been made and the Bitcoin subsequently traded for dollars that the value has gone down and the merchant ends up losing money.

Merchants aren't losing anything due to the volatility, which is why I don't understand why they even use it as an excuse. In let's say, +95% of the cases, merchants make use of third party payment processors such as BitPay. BitPay takes care of everything when it comes to people using Bitcoin to pay for stuff. Merchants themselves don't even deal with Bitcoin at all -- they just get the fiat value of the Bitcoin transaction (minus the BitPay fee) on their bank account. Merchants however do have the option with BitPay to keep a certain part of every transaction in Bitcoin, but thus far I haven't seen any merchant do so and publicly talk about it.
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:47:32 PM

I have read articles about many businesses that have stopped accepting Bitcoin because of how volitile the price is on a minute-by-minute basis. It makes sense to me too. There is always a risk that by the time a transaction for a product has been made and the Bitcoin subsequently traded for dollars that the value has gone down and the merchant ends up losing money.

Merchants aren't losing anything due to the volatility, which is why I don't understand why they even use it as an excuse. In let's say, +95% of the cases, merchants make use of third party payment processors such as BitPay. BitPay takes care of everything when it comes to people using Bitcoin to pay for stuff. Merchants themselves don't even deal with Bitcoin at all -- they just get the fiat value of the Bitcoin transaction (minus the BitPay fee) on their bank account. Merchants however do have the option with BitPay to keep a certain part of every transaction in Bitcoin, but thus far I haven't seen any merchant do so and publicly talk about it.

That's a good point. Thanks for the info!

Dragon5

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:36:10 PM

I'm sure it will happen. The demand on cryptocurrencies is rising dramatically, more and more people will be using them in the nearest future for transactions, trading and investing. Even if the governments introduce regulations about ICOs, we'll find another way
simongoat

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:43:13 PM

I'd like to add point 6. A lot of this technology is actually going to start being used and with use comes a rise in value and with that a rise in price.

hagiyatmaz

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:03:19 PM

Last year was huge for crypto even though the future was uncertain. This year we have seen a ton of good news with governments accepting crypto as well as some major companies getting in on the action such as Microsoft, Bosch, Robinhood, etc. I'm with you. I think 2018 is going to be huge for crypto and I'm hoping the next 5 years will follow the same pattern. Right now things are pretty stagnant, but all this good news is just adding to the fuel. Once big money gets involved we will see another explosion.I will disagree on BTC dominance though. There are several exchanges such as Coinbase, Coss, Robinhood, FairX that are actively working towards creating more fiat to altcoin pairs. I believe this keep BTCs market share low. People will see BTC at 10K and XRP at $1 and will buy in on the low dollar value coins. That's just what I think at least.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: