Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:36:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Five reasons 2018 could be the best year yet for cryptocurrencies.  (Read 1602 times)
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:25:58 PM

You talk about "lot of execution in terms of usability" which I don't think is really valid point. I mean we don't need too many number of coins in the market but we just want to have valid projects with really "real" use of them. If such projects come along then only they could help our crypto currency world to evolve in better ways. So let's hope it comes that way only and about rest of the points you mentioned are worth cosniderable too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
icohunter1024

Activity: 280
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:09:25 PM

The expansion as well as the lighting bitcoin is very far. ICO does not have many protection measures for investors. Regulations also make it difficult for countries to agree on regulations. The only two feasible factors are the increased usability and usability of cryptocurrency. Investors are becoming more organized.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:18:59 PM

1. The work on scaling issues
2. Large scale and more legitimate ICOs
3. Regulation
4. A lot of execution and usability
5. Institutional investors

That’s far from happening buddy. I don’t see any major updates regarding the work on scaling issues. We still hoping for this one since years. Many forks came out but they all did it for their greed and profits and nobody really helped bitcoin scale up. The segwit came in but branched our crazy and spreaded the community into two.

I basically agree with all your points, but this one I want to highlight specifically. There are no major updates like Lightning Network, which has been in the works for ages by now (just for the record), as there is no need for it. Without the spam load on the network, Bitcoin just works, while transactions are fast and cheap enough. What we actually lack is true adoption and real life application, with people using crypto as a means of payment. Without all these things, the improvements won't change anything, and that likely explains why there is not much movement in that direction lately.

There is no reason to support the ICO here, because there are none out there who has brighter ideas any more. They all are condensed now and repeating each other to get some profits. The ICO just stands out only if the real product is avaible for the particular project.

Well, here I should disagree with you somewhat, though. Even if we don't see genuinely new and fresh ideas coming up, it doesn't mean there can't be any more in the future. People in late 19th and early 20th century earnestly believed they had opened all the laws in natural sciences, and there is no more room for new discoveries. As it turned out they were flat-out wrong.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:29:58 PM

The expansion as well as the lighting bitcoin is very far. ICO does not have many protection measures for investors. Regulations also make it difficult for countries to agree on regulations. The only two feasible factors are the increased usability and usability of cryptocurrency. Investors are becoming more organized.

Hey you can get the escrow from this forum also being involved in the ICO project. I see many people who is part of project act as a escrow for token distribution mate. So not think all the ICO are fake one.
You may invest on Dimcoin tokens which is already listed on exchange.
I personally have faith on this token which can go more than 1 USD before this year ends mate.
swapblocks

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 06:24:32 PM

Hosp has explained before why a potential cryptocurrency bubble could burst in 2018, but there are several factors that make him see upside potential in the space.

For bitcoin, the most important cryptocurrency by his estimation, he sees a 150 percent potential upside for 2018.

Taking into account several factors, the cryptocurrency market's upside potential could rise to up to seven or eight times present levels, he says.

3. Regulation

For more info or details heres the link.
https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/02/23/bitcoin-ethereum-other-cryptocurrency-five-positive-factors-for-2018.html

I think this is reasonable.

I can totally get behind these reasons, but I would order them in a different order of importance (just my opinion):

1. Regulatory clarity
2. Institutional money
3. Scaling improvements
4. Increased utility
5. Big ICOs
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:59:44 PM

Regulations, institutional investors, very great projects and so on are really crucial for the future of the market but for me, this is just a beginning of something very big, expecting 2018 to be best year is not reasonable.

Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:17:21 AM

2018 might be a good year for some of the major altcoins, but I have my doubts about the performance of Bitcoin. Two of the major things Bitcoin needs to address is transaction speeds and fees. I have read articles about many businesses that have stopped accepting Bitcoin because of how volitile the price is on a minute-by-minute basis.

If you want to hear my opinion, I don't believe in that thing. Yes, I definitely believe in volatility, it exists for sure, but it is not the primary reason why many businesses stopped accepting cryptocurrencies. First of all, how many of them have actually been accepting Bitcoin or some other coin? I only know about Steam and Microsoft, though the latter seems to be still accepting Bitcoin at their site for some digital services they offer. All others have been accepting fiat, and the volatility thing didn't affect them in any degree as it was not their concern. It is a matter for payment processors and gateways, and believe me, they know how to tackle it.

Further, the true reason why businesses drop their support for Bitcoin (and other such currencies) is that people are not willing to spend their coins. For most of us crypto is an asset with which we earn money (dollars, euro, etc). It is our financial capital, and spending it on trivial things would be equal to wasting it.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:08:14 AM

Hosp has explained before why a potential cryptocurrency bubble could burst in 2018, but there are several factors that make him see upside potential in the space.

For bitcoin, the most important cryptocurrency by his estimation, he sees a 150 percent potential upside for 2018.

Taking into account several factors, the cryptocurrency market's upside potential could rise to up to seven or eight times present levels, he says.

3. Regulation

For more info or details heres the link.
https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/02/23/bitcoin-ethereum-other-cryptocurrency-five-positive-factors-for-2018.html

I think this is reasonable.
I had that Wall Street guys want to invest and trade cryptocurrencies and many large and powerful investors are coming into the market especially the institutionalized one and this in no wise is going to influence the price.  we are having the best year in 2018 and there is no year that bitcoin has made head line like this year and we hope those good news are translated into prices.
campbell.box

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:54:19 AM

Block chain technology gets a lot of attention this year!

Many enterprises are attracting blockchain talents to study block chain technology!

The development of blockchain will inevitably lead to the increase of encryption money price!
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:20:31 PM

Regulations, institutional investors, very great projects and so on are really crucial for the future of the market but for me, this is just a beginning of something very big, expecting 2018 to be best year is not reasonable.
Yeah, the real beginning of something superb. I am pretty sure the whole ecosystem would have changed a whole lot by this time with massive adoption that could come as a result of regulation, like you said, high level of investors stepping into the space and so many more. Which I am sure this is the thing we are all looking forward to anyway and the things we will get to see over time.

I cannot say how 2018 would be like but I am sure we will start getting to know how the future is going to be playing out from this year on.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:34:03 PM

You talk about "lot of execution in terms of usability" which I don't think is really valid point. I mean we don't need too many number of coins in the market but we just want to have valid projects with really "real" use of them. If such projects come along then only they could help our crypto currency world to evolve in better ways. So let's hope it comes that way only and about rest of the points you mentioned are worth cosniderable too.
I am not really bothered about that because regulation is definitely going to be cleaning up the whole space whether we like it or not. Take a look at the way some of these exchanges are beginning to delist some of these digital currencies, and how the government is clamping down on some with reference to CTR, and as we keep seeing things like this, we will start getting to see cleaner space for cryptocurrency and real life cases for those with products and legal, with huge investors stepping in.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:39:36 PM

Legalization of anything give its power to diverge more and more. People will easily follow and accept a thing that have good legislation and rules and regulations implemented by government. Bitcoins have this very good fact in some countries and there definitely people are using these coins with much ease and comfort. They aren’t afraid of any scam because government is taking care.
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:48:21 AM

Some of the reasons of better cryptocurrencies in this 2018 have started manifesting already. I have observed that we have so many good, promising and successful ICO this year.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:35:51 PM

There are so many say pump will happen just like how the previous year. They said that fluctuation will repeat the same every year like the previous years. But i don't think like that, every year will be changed because there is something that bitcoin must reach and proof.

naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:52:49 PM

Hey you can get the escrow from this forum also being involved in the ICO project. I see many people who is part of project act as a escrow for token distribution mate. So not think all the ICO are fake one.
You may invest on Dimcoin tokens which is already listed on exchange.
I personally have faith on this token which can go more than 1 USD before this year ends mate.
Even asides that, with or without escrow, it is still always very necessary to be sure you are investing in a good project before you even think about it at all. It is not about the project getting listed anymore, it is actually about the project or the coin surviving out there which these days, we all know how fast the government is responding to illegal projects and that can become pretty awry for some coins that does not give that positive legal vibe.

Not just 2018, all coming years also will be the best one for crypto users until there will be a saturation in terms of new adopters. I guess even after almost all the people around the world would have adopted bitcoins, I guess best years may keep coming as new investments will keep attracted toward cryptos as it will get more established.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:16:40 PM

I am also convinced that there are enough elements to think that the cryptocurrency market will experience an important growth in 2018, because once the market has learned to deal with the entry and exit of large capitals as it happened in 2017, this this year may be less volatile than the previous one, but I hope that its behavior will be much more stable, which could undoubtedly attract more institutional capital that will lead to gradual and consistent growth.

I have also been continuously reading better comments about the potential of this market in different media, so the fears of a total collapse seem to be waning.
There was never any chance for a total collapse that was just misinformation spread by the media and by some specific people that is all, I find it very unlikely that we're going to see an important growth in 2018, it is likely that we are going to recover some of the ground that we have lost in the previous months, but I do not see many reasons of why the price will go that high that soon. In my opinion this is a year of transition and as such this is the perfect opportunity to accumulate as many cryptocurrencies as you can before we see another bull market in the future.
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:27:37 PM

this year I was expecting more good things but I think it will start to climb after June this year Bitcoin which is at the level of 10 thousand dollars instead of rising levels that should be due to the recent transactions and the price breaking policy on the market, such
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:38:25 PM

We are still in the 5th month of 2018 and its still a long way to go before we can claim that 2018 is the best year for cryptocurrencies. We may have seen the best of cryptocurrencies which is 2017 when Bitcoin hit its all-time high to $20,000 USD. However, if you think about it, if the sudden price increase of Bitcoin happened this year, we may see BTC going beyond his all-time high.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:18:36 PM

Organization is still a good thing and that is something any investor will not have a choice to do. However, Lightening bitcoin is already being tried, so we cannot say yet that the expansion is still very far.

Plus, ICOs do have protection measures and that is by using your own brain pending when we will get to see regulations, which comes down to the last thing you said about regulation and that is one thing we will just have to give in to. At the same time, regulations may kill the progress of crypto for some times but later it will boos the faster boom of crypto world. But in long term, people again will find non-necessity of regulations to confirm decentralization.
simongoat

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:35:20 PM

Big institutional money is coming into crypto. With headlines like this, 2018 is going to be a big year in crypto for sure.

Morgan Stanley Accelerates Move into the Crypto Market -> https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/05/01/morgan-stanley-racing-lead-wall-street-pack-crypto/

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: