Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:25:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWBIE MUST READ!!!  (Read 199 times)
mald1to (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:12:12 AM

Get started with Bitcoin

What is Bitcoin?

According to "qoinpro" Bitcoin is a currency, like the USD, AUD, HKD, CNY or EUR, their only difference is that BTC is digital. They aren't printed or regulated by central banks like other currencies are. They are produced by millions of computers solving mathematical problems ensuring only a pre-determined number of coins enter circulation every day. These coins are rewarded to whoever is the first to solve the latest mathematical puzzle.

What are Crypto Currencies?

Peer-to-peer
Peer-to-peer refers to each node on the network being able to connect to any other node and act as both a server and a client sharing updates to the blockchain (public ledger) without the need for a central server.

Decentralized

Decentralized refers to the peer-to-peer architecture of the network. Because each node can act as both a server and a client, there is no need for a central server or centralized authority, thus effectively solving the double spending problem.

Digital currency
Digital currency, among its various names, is electronic money that acts as alternative currency in the digital realm (though offline adoption is increasing as well). Currently, alternative digital currencies are not produced by government-endorsed central banks nor necessarily backed by national currency.

Principles of cryptography
Cryptography relies on public and private keys for security. With cryptocurrencies every transaction has to be signed by a private key for security. Due to the strong security and well understood principles of cryptography, counterfeiting digital currencies is virtually impossible.

What are Alt-coins?
Altcoins are real cryptocurrency alternatives to Bitcoin. Many of them differ in some way or form from the Bitcoin and are interesting in their own right however some of them are plain copies. Listed on this page are their basic characteristics.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tranquynhtien

Activity: 102
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:23:41 AM

It is likely that you are trying to be helpful, trying to catch attention of higher ranked users for merits give away. I maybe wrong, but I guess so.

Personally, Newbie can search for their questions if they are not too lazy, and eagerly to learn. Google, which is very powerful, can help them for sure. If they are too lazy, they don't deserve helps in the forum at all. Therefore, I have not seen it's essential to start a topic like yours.

More importantly, you should be helpful, not try to be helpful. Be helpful means when you see someone got troubles, ask questions in the forum and you can y'all, help them. That's be helpful (at least in my own definition about what helpful is).

The last one, I have not checked all words in your thread, but I think you copied them from somewhere (not your own words). If it is the case, please add original sources or you will be judged with plagiarism, which in turn will lead your account to permanent ban.

Keep working and rank up.

Good luck.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:52:09 PM

Get started with Bitcoin

What is Bitcoin?

According to "qoinpro" Bitcoin is a currency, like the USD, AUD, HKD, CNY or EUR, their only difference is that BTC is digital.

Take note that USD, AUD, HKD, and other national currencies can also be digital. When you make a bank to bank transfer, then they're pretty much moving them virtually. Probably even majority of a certain country's currency is digital.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mhdazrull

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:23:02 PM

Thank you for your good information
Mateo123

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:53:13 AM

Thank you for sharing this information, it really helps to those newbie like me. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: