Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:19:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The new ICO 2.0 concept will prevent scams!  (Read 188 times)
Bytem3 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:42:38 AM

What do you think of the new ICO 2.0 concept suggested by Vitalik?
https://coincodex.com/article/1329/vitalik-buterin-suggest-improvements-to-ico-model/

ICO funds will be frozen and released at intervals, the users will vote if the funds should be released based on performance.

The first ICO to implement this will be The Abyss.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:53:36 AM

https://coincodex.com/article/1329/vitalik-buterin-suggest-improvements-to-ico-model/

ICO funds will be frozen and released at intervals, the users will vote if the funds should be released based on performance.

Sounds great. I hope step by step crypto world turn to some order. It's not about centralization but we will be more protected from scammers.

Bytem3 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:57:35 AM

Sounds great. I hope step by step crypto world turn to some order. It's not about centralization but we will be more protected from scammers.

The voting system and releasing funds step by step is a great idea. No project need all the money in the beginning. And they define the amounts and time, so it's completely doable and way more secure for the investors.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
muhdatha

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:12:42 AM

It will be very useful options I think. It's a step to insurance your funds. As I can see it will be released as smart contracts?
Like an escrow but based on a user polling?

prdn

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:17:48 AM

daico is a very important innovation, necessary for the rise of the crypto world
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:49:31 AM

This is really a great concept after all the Catastrophe some people have already caused due to scams and the amount they hae scammed! Cryptocurrency world allows people to have control over their own money but these scammers steal our money by showing us fake dreams to grow our money.
You can read here - https://bitzamp.com/australias-financial-regulator-issues-warning-to-cryptocurency-investors/   how only in Australia the amount of scam has increased related to crypto last year.
ICO 2.0 really might change things.
Xtra_Coin

Activity: 140

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:55:09 AM

I think that this is a good idea, and I will follow the news about the passing ICO. Still there will be only a problem with companies that have just bad projects, but they still launch them. These are not scammers, just people who overestimate their strength.

svobodnyi

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:59:17 AM

The concept is interesting. Will it find use?
I do not think that many will agree with this system. But protect from scammers!

myrliska1313

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:59:51 AM

Of course the idea is very good, now there are so many scammers who would not pay people for their work and eventually throw their investors.It would be great, remove all this trash
Glomerulus22

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:04:53 PM

Vitalik is really a brilliant mind! Amazing idea, hopefully more ICOs will join this concept and if the ICO refuses that, it could be possible red flags pointing out that investors should avoid such projects.

(https://www.anonfork.io/) ANON - new privacy coin with very cheap masternodes! Join  (https://t.me/anonymousbitcoin)
muhdatha

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:09:18 PM

Vitalik is really a brilliant mind! Amazing idea, hopefully more ICOs will join this concept and if the ICO refuses that, it could be possible red flags pointing out that investors should avoid such projects.
He is not first who is talking about it. But may be Vitalik's opinion turn this process to right way at least.

Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:09:23 PM

It is really a good idea, for investors like us since if we participated at pre ico with good bonuses, if that project dont seems to progress very well we can surely refund the investment. I really hope that upcomming ICO will follow this kind of ICO 2.0
Dluretic

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:24:11 PM

This is a very good system, which will greatly reduce the occurrence of shit token, but if someone have mastered most of the token, does that mean can restrict team funds flow, so can threaten team? Huh

gon

Activity: 460
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:43:15 PM

I kind of like and don't like it.

I like it because this will increase security of funds.

I don't like it because about voting, this will require a constant project following from ALL participants. Which is close to impossible. I prefer to invest and check the project in few months how's doing. Not to waste my time on every step.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:06:53 PM

This is a good idea. Now, companies will be force to fulfill their end of the deal. I hope this new ICO will also lessen scam ICO's.

I don't like it because about voting, this will require a constant project following from ALL participants. Which is close to impossible. I prefer to invest and check the project in few months how's doing. Not to waste my time on every step.

If you are an investor, I think it pays that you regularly check the progress of the project. That will ensure that you will not lose your money or it is well spent.
VenturaBro

Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:09:16 PM

I like the idea, hope the execution is just as good.

There are too many scammy ICOs that we could do without nowadays.
SkiOlya

Activity: 256
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:37:17 PM

Excellent news. I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. We need to develop this topic further and then we will wait for a new round of honest ICO
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:04:02 PM

I just wished of finding a way to prevent scam ICOs and suddenly found this post. What a coincidence. The concept looks really cool. Hope it is implemented well too.
Dolarin

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:07:58 PM

That's great news! I hope that these measures will reduce the number of scams and make the process of investing in ico more civilized.
cryptotitan

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:16:14 PM

We could prevent these scam ICOs and bounty campaigns,also corrupted bounty managers wont have any chance to take advantage the privilege that they have,no bounty hunter will get pennies from any campaigns anymore.This is a game changer because we will see which of these ICOs are intended just to raise funds because  most of the scam ICOs wouldnt use this system.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: