Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:53:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How is it possible to hack someone's account?  (Read 204 times)
9jaflick (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:11:23 AM

I have been hearing people saying their account got hacked by hackers and each time I hear this I ask myself how is this possible, not until 2day ago I was hit by an hacker! I don't know how he got access to my private key, even if I give you the private key, is as unless as nothing, this is because the private key digits are not complete, to get the complete key you will also have to hack my brain.

In all the various places I stored my private key I always make sure the digits are not complete, in case someone mistakenly get access to it.

But how this guy manage to get access to my key still remains a mystery to me.

The question is, if you have been hacked before what mistakes do you think you did that result to you been hacked. Maybe this will help me find my fault.

It's Myetherwallet account

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sergey190785

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:29:24 AM

Most often I heard about hacking Myetherwallet. I personally was stolen from this purse 4000 dollars. But as a rule, we ourselves are to blame for theft. do not install security on our computers and inadvertently go to phishing sites.

Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:32:46 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 06:45:15 PM by Fazlurkhan.kz

We store most of our data in our phones or online in some cloud based storage. And there are numerous ads while we are surfing on the internet. And if by any chance the ad has some virus or is put up by an hacker. He can easily ge our IP address by which he can get into our phones and collect all the stored information in it. Everything! And that is how most of our wallets or accounts get hacked!
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:01:21 PM

I have been hearing people saying their account got hacked by hackers and each time I hear this I ask myself how is this possible, not until 2day ago I was hit by an hacker! I don't know how he got access to my private key, even if I give you the private key, is as unless as nothing, this is because the private key digits are not complete, to get the complete key you will also have to hack my brain.

In all the various places I stored my private key I always make sure the digits are not complete, in case someone mistakenly get access to it.

The question is, if you have been hacked before what mistakes do you think you did that result to you been hacked. Maybe this will help me find my fault.

Your funds have probably been stolen by vulnerabilities of the web, this includes phishing, man-in-the-middle attack, JavaScript or a compromised browser. That's why it's recommend to use paper-wallets, air-gapped desktop wallets or hardware wallets, as the attack surface is much smaller than that of web-wallets.
stephylarde

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:06:40 PM

We store most of our data in our phones or online in some cloud based storage. And there are numerous ads while we are surfing on the internet. And if by any chance the ad has some virus or is put up by an hacker. He can easily ge our IP address by which he can get into our phones and collect all th stored information in it. Everything! And that is how most of our wallets or accounts get hacked!
Hacking someone's account can be done by the professional hackers. They have the knowledge, skills, gadgets and GUTS. That's why you should change your passwords very often.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:11:26 PM

We store most of our data in our phones or online in some cloud based storage. And there are numerous ads while we are surfing on the internet. And if by any chance the ad has some virus or is put up by an hacker. He can easily ge our IP address by which he can get into our phones and collect all th stored information in it. Everything! And that is how most of our wallets or accounts get hacked!
Hacking someone's account can be done by the professional hackers. They have the knowledge, skills, gadgets and GUTS. That's why you should change your passwords very often.
You don't have to change your password as long as you don't use the same password on multiple websites and have a very strong one. Also don't use existing words in your password, these can easily be cracked using dictionary attacks.
9jaflick (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:55:29 PM

Most often I heard about hacking Myetherwallet. I personally was stolen from this purse 4000 dollars. But as a rule, we ourselves are to blame for theft. do not install security on our computers and inadvertently go to phishing sites.
i have lost over $4000 already and it's still counting!
9jaflick (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:56:56 PM

[/quote]
You don't have to change your password as long as you don't use the same password on multiple websites and have a very strong one. Also don't use existing words in your password, these can easily be cracked using dictionary attacks.
[/quote]wow!!! Just hearing this for the first, which one is dictionary attack!
ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:22:56 PM

Since you say you don't save the complete private key , it must have happened while using the private key to log in to your wallet .
Maybe you used a fake website to log in , do you use bookmarks for Myetherwallet or do you use google to find the site.
At least reinstall your OS and try to find out what exactly went wrong.

player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:29:23 PM

I'm not sure if MyEtherWallet is a solely online account or also available to store in some type of hardware wallet, but if you had all the information on your computer, it's possible that you had a Remote Administrator Tool installed somehow. That allows the hacker to access everything on your computer. You should probably run a couple of malware tests.

If you keep any private keys in a digital setting, that should be changed asap. I keep my private keys on paper only. They're inaccessible by most people as well. Always be cautious with storing things online /on your computer.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
EnaksiS

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:32:28 PM

I have lost my myetherwallet recently. I have never used any wifi connection or give my private key to another. I just used the Imtoken application and boom, got hacked. I think everybody should use a virgin computer and cellphone and just for this job only.
Rehm100

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:36:08 PM

Phishing is the most common to hack the account
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:44:34 PM

As others people said, I follow the possibiliy of a web browser failure.

Do you know that is possible to create offline transactions with MEW ?  

https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/making-offline-transaction-on-myetherwallet.html

This could help you in the future to be protected against web browser attacks.

In my situation, I have an offline computer (this computer is NEVER connected to the network), I have the website in local storage and I follow the steps as described on the link.

This is quite impossible to hack you, as your private key is used on the offline computer, and if you use a dedicaced usd key for transfering the transaction information, and if you format it every times you use it, I think it becomes really hard to hack you  Smiley

I take care to delete the partition on the USB drive before every time I plug it again on the offline computer, to avoid possible viruses transferts.

Anyway, you could use an hardware wallet, but you still have this possibility if you don't want to  Tongue

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
Xiomara

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:12:50 PM

I heard about the situation when, when entering the site, the user is unnoticeably redirected to a resource similar in design, but created by scammers. When entering a login and password, the site steals funds from user accounts.
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:32:52 PM

Phishing sites is commonly used in Hacking of people's account by hackers there are several look-alike myetherwallets created by hackers to steal unsuspecting users password it is advise-sable to always keep your private key on a paper.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:48:28 PM

Yes it possible to get hack here but that's why we have 2fa and activate that so even they know already your password they can't move your btc we can also use hardwallet for our own security but always stock the affordable for you to lose because of the volatile of btc. and we don't know really what will happen in crypto after more years.

Luckyji

Activity: 166
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:07:24 PM

yea its possible to hack your account it can be hack because you store your private key online or you are this type that keep every information about your account online, the hacker may decide to send you a virus as soon you click on the item send to you every information of the account will be open to the hacker.
kiky03

Activity: 305

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:12:45 PM

It possible too if DNS ED is compromised that private key on that webiste will stolen. And keep safe your private key from hacker
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:27:34 PM

Wow! With this your level of security, it is still a surprise a hacker got through to your account. I might still want to believe probably you might have had your private key divulged at to a phishing site or probably sent it out wrongly. I don't know the  level of security of exchange sites that do request for one's private key.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
matanglawin

Activity: 372

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:00:50 PM

Yeah, i have been all through about this and i discovered that bitcoin also can be hacked by other people.  Nowadays, our technology has been develop into a new and more high technology for many purposes. To make this happen,  other people are desperate in earning some money easily and because of that,  they give all their information in bitcoin wallet and after that all things might happen anytime.  It can be hacked now by hackers.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: