Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:05:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Five reasons could be the best year yet for cryptocurrencies.  (Read 138 times)
smooky90 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:21:03 AM

Reasons for me is,

1. The work on scaling issues
The token's market dominance stood at about 40 percent as of Wednesday. By my estimates, however, it's clear bitcoin's market dominance should return to 75 percent of the entire space.

2. Large scale and more legitimate ICOs
Like last year, initial coin offerings (ICOs) will impact the ethereum network because ICOs usually require plenty of ether. That will buttress the demand for the platform's digital coin. More legitimate ICOs will lead to greater interest in ether as we are already seeing with the billion-dollar ICO of messaging app provider Telegram and that of Kodak.

3. Regulation
We saw something similar when Japan started regulating bitcoin. The market dropped initially, but it rose eventually. Ditto in Australia.

4. A lot of execution and usability
This would burnish the reputation of cryptocurrencies, with more and more companies trusting them. The firms that execute well this year will stand out and create a survivorship bias — where a few companies thrive and others fail, but people focus on the winners and ignore the losers.

5. Institutional investors
If you combine those factors, the market's upside potential could rise to up to seven or eight times the present levels. While this might not be as much of a multiple as what we saw in 2017, it is much higher in absolute terms. That could make 2018 the most successful year in crypto ever. Additionally, the growth might not be based so much on hype or hope as it would be on solid foundations.

What is your reasons or idea between your predictions?Can we know what is yours?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:43:19 PM

The token's market dominance stood at about 40 percent as of Wednesday. By my estimates, however, it's clear bitcoin's market dominance should return to 75 percent of the entire space.

I slightly disagree with you here. Can bitcoin bring back 75% dominance? Absolutely, but from my point of view it is highly unlikely. Many people are entering the crypto scene and they opt for altcoins,  because alts can bring you more profit. Many projects have their own coins which should be the driving force towards the alt market. Bitcoin should have highest dominance because, as we can even see market is structured in a way that it follows bitcoin.

I see more money to flow into alts in future and from my understanding 75% might be to high.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:54:11 PM

I slightly disagree with you here. Can bitcoin bring back 75% dominance? Absolutely, but from my point of view it is highly unlikely. Many people are entering the crypto scene and they opt for altcoins,  because alts can bring you more profit. Many projects have their own coins which should be the driving force towards the alt market. Bitcoin should have highest dominance because, as we can even see market is structured in a way that it follows bitcoin.

I see more money to flow into alts in future and from my understanding 75% might be to high.

Most of the altcoins are relying only at Bitcoin so if Bitcoin will go down they will go down too. As Bitcoin is improving always i bet it is a little too hard to attain 75% dominance as the market is taking it slowly. I only see dominance when there's a huge fork coming and after that all those FUD will take the next step as people were like riding a wagon.

50% above is still higher for me, it's not still bad.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: