Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:17:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coinbase.com 2 factor authentication code verification doesn't work  (Read 11660 times)
jobani (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:18:04 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 12:11:53 PM by jobani

Folks, am i the only one having issues with using coinbase 2 factor authentication? The code verification that sends SMS to your cell in addition to logging on with username credentials doesn't work. The option to call the cell number also doesn't work. I can't login to my account anymore. I sent them numerous emails and no response. Does coinbase even care about their customers?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ngocbkcse

Activity: 562
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:34:29 AM

Me too, I requested it but not recieved.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:49:40 AM

Never heard about that. Did you contact the support team?
jobani (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:05:24 PM

Never heard about that. Did you contact the support team?

No phone numbers to call. Just email. And i sent a number of emails already. I receive immediate generic replies on the email shown below.

Thank you for submitting your request. We have received your request and are working on responding to you as soon as possible. If you have any additional information to add to this case, please reply to this email.

Looks like they haven't fully tested this 2 phase authentication feature and just released it.
nachius

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:11:55 PM

It worked correctly for me yesterday although I did have some issues with it last week.  Try their knowledge base/faq as I believe there is a work around phone reset with an authy app.
Olaf (Coinbase)

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 07:32:22 PM

I'm sorry about the trouble with two-factor authentication. Authy has had periodic downtime in the past week, so users haven't been receiving their text message verification and have had intermittent trouble with the back-up phone call verification. We're trying to work it out as quickly as possible - in the meantime you might try Google Authenticator if you manage to get into your account - they haven't been experiencing problems. Thanks for your patience with this!
jobani (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 09:35:28 PM

I'm sorry about the trouble with two-factor authentication. Authy has had periodic downtime in the past week, so users haven't been receiving their text message verification and have had intermittent trouble with the back-up phone call verification. We're trying to work it out as quickly as possible - in the meantime you might try Google Authenticator if you manage to get into your account - they haven't been experiencing problems. Thanks for your patience with this!

Thanks for replying to the forum. How do i change my account to use google authenticator if I can't login to my account? I have not been able to login since I signed up for an account and I have to verify my bank account. The only option if code is not working from your website is below:

Code not working?

Send a code via SMS to my phone ending in +x xxx xxx xx66
Call me with the code to my phone ending in +x xxx xxx xx66
I no longer own the phone ending in +x xxx xxx xx66
Cancel sign in

If i choose to de-register my phone thru authy, then I have to wait for 36 hours. Is this the only option I have left?

Can you just disable this two-factor authentication completely since it's not reliable just so users can login to their account? Also, it would be nice if you respond to customer emails inquiring about this issue even if it's still an issue so as to set their expectations. I have sent numerous emails and not a single response. The problem is also not periodic, i've tried it on different times of the day and it still doesn't work. It never works.
ishkur

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:12:08 PM

sms works great
jobani (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:18:01 PM

sms works great

Hi Ishkur, are you saying that it's working for you right now? I just tried it again and it doesn't work. Maybe it's just my cell phone? I'm using AT&T. Which service provider are you using? Can you also try "call your phone" option? That never works for me.
walkndude

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:10:54 AM

I just checked and it was working for me. Not using At&t.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 05:55:32 AM

It's working just fine for me. I recommend you use Google voice, so that you can just check your email and not your phone... Also with google voice I get the text instantly...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: