Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:35:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello everyone, proof-of-assignment is comming  (Read 709 times)
CloudMint (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:54:31 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 06:35:21 PM by CloudMint

Greeting from CloudMint, Cool

I am developing the first proof-of-assignment cryptocurrency. Proof-of-assignment is an enhanced proof-of-work protocol that doing real useful submitted assignment. It solved the problem of proof-of-work wasting much resource on hashing. Also, it can tackled the problem of reusing assignment which answer is known by a malicious miner. It combines genetic algorithms and proof-of-work protocol. Genetic algorithms will generate many chromosome arbitrarily just like nonce. However, miners are hard to find the chromosome with best fitness value. It is sutible to implement a evolutionary algorithm in distributed computing model. The proposed process of evolutionary algorithms can be classified into map stage and reduce stage. In map stage, each miner generates chromosome and calculate its fitness value as many as possible and then hash. Some blocks will generate when its hash reach the target difficulty. In reduce stage, each miner send its best chromosome to neighbor nodes and forward the top 10 chromosome. Block generated at this stage will contain the top 10 chromosomes. After this stage, the whole network will get top 10 chromosomes and then generate better chromosome consequently. After repeated map reduce round. The network will find an optimal or local-optimal chromosome just like a normal genetic algorithms.

It also have other advantages such as intrinsic value backing and stability of value. Everyone having proof-of-assignment cryptocurrency can buy cloud computation power to execute useful GA work. Assuming after a decade of using this coin, the network size will stable. It provide a portion of cloud computing power in the world. If the fee of submitting assignment rise, it means inflation. the block reward should be decreased. otherwise, the block reward should be increased. Thus, this coin could avoid inflation or deflation.

Unlike NooShare, genetic algorithms is more versatile than MCMS. I will investigate the possibility to enhance the algorithms to genetic programming which can solve almost any problems. I have devised a technique to prevent miner generating bogus fitness value or steal other better chromosomes. The miners submitting assignment which answer is known will only cause losing their money and have no impact on blockchain safety. Multiple Map Reduce rounds are able to tackle much bigger problems.

Above is a rough basic idea. There are still many issues I do not mentions. I will announce the project detail within the end of this year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patino11

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:17:14 PM

Very interesting, good luck!!!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 03:22:29 PM

How much efficiency do you suppose the system would have in comparison to a dedicated cluster? How do you intend to factor in the transaction data?
CloudMint (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:05:39 PM

How much efficiency do you suppose the system would have in comparison to a dedicated cluster? How do you intend to factor in the transaction data?

The dedicated cluster does not hash the block or verify transactions. The overhead of hash calculation is appended to each fitness value calculation. The overhead of transaction verification will change according to the number of transactions. It is hard to estimate efficiency at present.
The assignments are included in block header. Every nodes can submit assignment with fee, just like a special type of transaction. The miner will add the assignment with highest fee to the block header. When other miners accept latest correct block, the miner know what assignment to do. The combination of chromosome and its fitness value will replace nonce.
Jumpy

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:19:55 AM

This is definitely interesting enough for wider review. Hopefully you can bust out of the newbie room and go to the Project Development forum with this. My guess is that there are many users there that have the ability to get this ready to ship.

A note about economics:

Work for purely transactional value is still needed in almost every economy. Ever since the butcher started offering vouchers in the first currency market, there has been effort put into the creation of and facilitation of the monetary market. It isn't simply wasted space.

The advances in hashing will eventually spill into other practical areas of computing which is also positive.

PM me if you want to advertise on this signature.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 04:44:25 AM

Good luck with your project!

ThomasDB

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:32:27 AM

Hi, welcome and GL with your endeavour
Jennifer Smith

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:42:32 AM

Great! Let me know how I can subscribe to keep up-to-date on your work.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:51:19 AM

... and forward the top 10 chromosome...

... will contain the top 10 chromosomes...

... after a decade of using this coin...

Power of 2 would be better but 10 is good enough. Smiley

Posted this just to subscribe for the notifications.
udet4food

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:57:01 AM

GA cryptocurrency, seems interesting, good luck !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: