Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:45:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwolla fisync participating banks?  (Read 6142 times)
BtcNmcMiner (OP)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 09:50:47 AM

Does anybody have a list of banks participating in Dwolla's fisync service allowing instant interactivity between your Dwolla and bank accounts?

If not, let's post here if your bank does and we can put a list together.

Thanks!

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 10:56:50 AM

Does anybody have a list of banks participating in Dwolla's fisync service allowing instant interactivity between your Dwolla and bank accounts?

The one that just launched is the first -- so it is a short list.
 - http://www.dwolla.org/blog/financial-plus-credit-union-releases-dwolla-with-fisync

There will be more coming though they haven't stated which banks or credit unions and when.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

BtcNmcMiner (OP)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:09:32 PM

The one that just launched is the first -- so it is a short list.
 - http://www.dwolla.org/blog/financial-plus-credit-union-releases-dwolla-with-fisync

There will be more coming though they haven't stated which banks or credit unions and when.

Ah, I thought there were more already, some of the articles I've seen said that there were 11 institutions already using it, maybe they meant 11 planed to start using it with more on the way?

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 09:25:11 PM

Small banks and credit unions can often move much faster than the big boys. Still, this is exciting news for those of you in Iowa. Enjoy your instant USD transfers Tongue

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 09:59:41 AM

They are about ready to flip the switch.  This will bring to credit unions a capability similar to what PopMoney provides, Chase QuickPay, ING Person2Person, etc.  where the funds are available in Dwolla instantly (or, maybe hour to hours?)

- http://blog.dwolla.com/ach-goes-real-time-with-fisync-free-for-banks-and-credit-unions/

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

lucky1064

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 10:34:55 PM

Digging up and old topic.

I've searched and still only found that one participating iowa credit union that uses dwolla's fisync.

Has anyone heard any more.

Any other good method of automated and cheap dwolla or any btc to "Big Name" banks - on a daily basis?
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 10:50:42 PM

I've searched and still only found that one participating iowa credit union that uses dwolla's fisync.

Any other good method of automated and cheap dwolla or any btc to "Big Name" banks - on a daily basis?

Veridian part owns Dwolla so they have no reason not to trust it's transactions - they're essentially moving around funds already under their control.  Other banks/credit unions have no reason to trust the system.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
lucky1064

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 11:34:10 PM

Ah, didn't realize that.  Thanks for the quick info!
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:37:55 PM

Discussion thread under their blog with comments up through 8 months ago: http://blog.dwolla.com/making-history/

I haven't read up on it enough to follow how it works. How are they guaranteeing funds instantly? Is it strictly technical limitations that slow down the common methods of bank transfers, or is it more of a security precaution that banks take that Dwolla is deciding to take a risk on?  The more banks and credit unions we can get participating with this, the happier Bitcoin users will be, I know that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: