Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 04:36:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Relation between Altcoin and BTC  (Read 438 times)
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2450
Merit: 275

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:48:38 PM

Hi guys, I understand that this question is probably obvious, but I'm wondering. What is the actual principe of Altcoin and Bitcoin relation? Why when Bitcoin price falls, Altcoin price falls too and vice versa?
Actually there is no relation between the bitcoin and altcoin price each and every coin will demand on its own demand and supply all that realtion is in people's mindset when the price of bitcoin falls they are scared to invest on the altcoins too so the price falls and when the bitcoin price increases they invest on altcoins too so the price of every coin mostly moving with the price of bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
fraenky

Activity: 280
Merit: 21

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:57:48 PM

I hope in the future the altcoins can get free from bitcoin but that means more exchanges need to list more traidingpairs, unfortunately most of the coins just tradeable with bitcoin

gates (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

Revolutionising KYC Services

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:18:24 PM

I think you're not exactly right. When bitcoin grows, altcoins are falling. When bitcoin falls altcoins are falling, too Cheesy So it was all 2017 year.

Thank you for correction, but I noticed that now it behaves a little bit different than in 2017, isn't it?

mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:24:39 PM

Hi guys, I understand that this question is probably obvious, but I'm wondering. What is the actual principe of Altcoin and Bitcoin relation? Why when Bitcoin price falls, Altcoin price falls too and vice versa?

This is something like Bitcoin Dependency. This is due to a fact that BTC is the pioneering crypto and all other alternative coins did have their foundation based on Bitcoin. But as time goes by, some altcoins are breaking away from this norm. Coins like ethereum, litecoin, ripple, and etc. Are one of the leading altcoins that has great potential and value for the future. Take note that these coins are also based on Bitcoin but their functionality and application differs that's why these coins have varying strength and weaknesses.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nata777

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:28:49 PM

It is better not to think about this issue, because everything depends on the tendencies, but basically the coins are falling, when the bitcoin grows or falls, and grows, when bitcoin is more or less stable
cryptospear

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:39:30 PM

It is simple the altcoin's prices would depends in bitcon's movements,the main logic is when the bitcoin's price has move wethere its going up or down most of the altcoins will bleed,its because the satoshi value of these altcoins is decreasing,when bitcoin's price has increased most of the investors will pull out their money from these altcoins,the only time these altcoins will grow is when bitcoin's price has stabilized.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:59:03 PM

It is simple the altcoin's prices would depends in bitcon's movements,the main logic is when the bitcoin's price has move wethere its going up or down most of the altcoins will bleed,its because the satoshi value of these altcoins is decreasing,when bitcoin's price has increased most of the investors will pull out their money from these altcoins,the only time these altcoins will grow is when bitcoin's price has stabilized.

There is also a bit about these being closely related products in terms of investment, so if one is too expensive, the market will balance with the price of the other buying.

GerardDurwin

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:04:53 PM

Bitcoin is like a father to the altcoins while altcoins are the children that has continued to increase in number on a daily basis. Whatever happens to the father affects the children and vice versa. I think this relationship is derived from the fact that one technology is driving the coins and that is blockchain tech which is being oiled primarily by bitcoin. I believe the survival of bitcoin will determine the faith of altcoins.
great explanation for any newbie
louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:18:50 PM

Bitcoin is like a father to the altcoins while altcoins are the children that has continued to increase in number on a daily basis. Whatever happens to the father affects the children and vice versa. I think this relationship is derived from the fact that one technology is driving the coins and that is blockchain tech which is being oiled primarily by bitcoin. I believe the survival of bitcoin will determine the faith of altcoins.
great explanation for any newbie

My understanding why altcoin will be affected on the price of of bitcoin is that it is somewhat directly proportional with the other. Bitcoin is the baseline in any other cryptocurrencies and this is what usually happens. You may try to check at coinmarketcap currencies and observe the market trend in daily basis then you can observe that the status of the price movement usually move the same manner with bitcoin.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:32:59 PM

The only relation is created by the investors. Many of them start selling their alts when Bitcoin go down thinking the alts are going down too. They create panic wave this way and a little bit later we have a panic, but this is part of the game.

Novgabby

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:20:03 AM

Because bitcoin has so much value that when it decreases, altcoins will also decrease.
Bitcoin is like the general of all coins.
Investors trade their altcoins to bitcoin even if their altcoin is very little when traded because bitcoin has much more value than altcoins.
acell101

Activity: 109

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:58:06 AM

Bitcoin is the center of all crypto economy. Bitcoin price movements affects altcoins, so when its prices falls other coins also falls.
droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:21:22 AM

Because bitcoin has so much value that when it decreases, altcoins will also decrease.
Bitcoin is like the general of all coins.
Investors trade their altcoins to bitcoin even if their altcoin is very little when traded because bitcoin has much more value than altcoins.
Because most altcoins are priced on bitcoin, the fluctuation of the bitcoin value greatly affects other altcoins in the cryptocurrency market. To capture the volatility of the market you need time to track and invest in this market. Make market analysis and research before investing.

Azzam Khalif

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:41:41 AM

if I think personally. Bitcoin is the mother of all coins. so Bitcoin is used as the benchmark of all the coins.

▰▰▰▰▰   REDCAB   ▰▰▰▰▰
DECENTRALIZED TRANSPORTATION SOLUTION
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:19:47 AM

I think that when bitcoin price drops, weak hands start selling their their altcoins for bitcoin to cash out, which makes the price of altcoins drop as well.

Yeah, people mostly switch to bitcoin after fall cause they think they can make more money if they do that. And since altcoins are being traded with bitcoin I see this that when bitcoin falls, altcoin follows.
sounds like this,market becomes domino effect because of those who desires to buy another bitcoin because of dip.but they have no capital so the ending they will sell altcoins to buy such.though some reasons come when weak hands saw the falling of bitcoins as they think this will affect alts then what the do withdraw alts for assurance.and when the bitcoin recovers thats the time the will invest again.the truth is the Domino effect
moni44

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:21:21 AM

i think bitcoin like a lead on the cryptocurrency so if bitcoin fall many altcoin fall to. even ETH getting fall to. but there is some coin have stable. just check on the market.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:41:54 AM

Bitcoin being the first digital currency ever created and succeeded greatly that it motivates others to create other currencies in the form of alternate coins. As bitcoin being the base cryptocurrency in the cryptoworld, these alternate coins have a pairing value with bitcoin. So when bitcoin rises up, alternate coin's value also rise and vice versa.

eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:43:44 AM

I think the relationship between altcoin and bitcoin depends on the bitcoin price, when bitcoin price drops very sharply and the moment of bitcoin trending rises then altcoin will decrease in price whereas if bitcoin is stable then altcoin price will slightly menglaami price increase.
Anne8

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:51:54 AM

Father and etherium is mother. From etehrium born new token which is great to fill this crypto with that token.
The price of bitcoin can determine the altcoin price but if father die, children will not continue die.
JoniPopens

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:52:40 AM

I believe that some Altcoin support Bitcoin, that is directly related to it, thereby supporting and increasing its capitalization, when Bitcoin grows, Altcoin also grows. But there are also those who are not attached to Bitcoin and do not support him, but other coins are growing, thereby increasing Altcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: